Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Hi,

I am built-in web server feature of VS 2005 to run my web application as I dont IIS is intstalled on my desktop computer. from this page , application is connecting to SQL server 2000 installed on Windows 2003 Server  on a remote machine.

Here is

connectionStr =

"Data Source=myservername; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=yes;Initial Catalog=myDB"

Application is generating foloowing error message when try to open the connection SQLServer.Open() method.

"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

0
esri

What you need to do is go into SQL Server Enterprise Manager go to Security part of the tree and add a new user.  The user needs to be the ASP.Net worer process called ASP.NET in the list of users when you browse the users.
Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)
0
aus_nexxus
6/20/2006 12:04:36 AM

thanks for quick reply. I could not reply immeditely after seeing the message as I was busy in my work.  after restarting my development server, my application started connecting to SQL server without doing nothing on code and on SQL server.

Anyhow, thank you very much for your quick response.

Regards,

esri

0
esri

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello, I have installed DotNetNuke on my computer and did everything they said in the Configuration. But when I want to start http://localhost/DotNetNuke I receive an error: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. What is this. There is a Datavbase called DotNetNuke in SQL-Server gr. miles You have to have a user assigned to the database and use those credentials in you connection string (web.config)...~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us This is a sql/msde authentication issue. Your web.config is using windows authent...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Can anyone tell me why I get this error message and how to fix it? Thanks, Scott I would guess that it is because your SQL server is set up for windows authentication rather than mixed mode, and that your ASPNET account doesn't have a corresponding SQL server account. Jeff MartinMCSD C# .NEThttp://www.jeffmartin.com I found this method of changing modes on another site, and it helped me a lot. You can change the authentication to "SQL Server and Windows" by changing this registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer LoginMode = ...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Came in this morning and im getting the following error in our Provisioning tool. This was working as of yesterday and no changes were made to the web.config file. Ive failed over the cluster on the sql servers and also restarted the provisioning engine. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. The SQL server is setup for mixed mode authentication and ive opened my web.config file with visual studio and can make a connection with the same sql user and pass thats in my web.config to the proper databases.  The provisioning se...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This code is giving me this error using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Text;     namespace WebApplication1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { SqlConnection con; string sql; SqlDataAdapter adExisting; //con = new SqlConnection("Data Source=slon12d11012";User ID=nnichol1;); //con = new SqlConnection("Initial Catalog=DACari;Data Source=slon12d1101...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
After sucessful installation of portal Starter kit, Portal Database was created and portaluser was the new login created. but when i tried to access the portalVBSDK on my PC this error is displayed. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Rea...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
Basic setup IIS 6 with ASP.Net 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication turned on (anonymous turned off) SQL Server 2000 with Windows Only Authentication on (SQL Server authentication turned off) web.config file contains the following relevant entries:<identity impersonate="true" /><authentication mode=Windows" /> connection string:Data Source=[server name]; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=[database name]; When I run my query on my development server, it runs perfectly. When I run it on the production server (which is just an exact xcopy of the development web site...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #3
Hi I have am developing on xp machine with iis 5.1 and trying to connect to a seperate windows 2003 machine with mssql 2000 installed.I would like to use a trusted connection and I added an asp account on the sql server with permissions to the database and also edited the security tab on IIS to have this account. I unchecked allow IIS to control this password.  When I look in the event viewer on my local machine I get an error:Process information:     Process ID: 2388     Process name: aspnet_wp.exe     Account name: MACHINENAME\ASPNET &...

Web resources about - Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Third Bataclan Assailant Identified
The third assailant in the devastating November attack on the Bataclan in Paris, France has been identified, according to French authorities. ...

Lupita Nyong’o in Roland Mouret at Mexican ‘Star Wars’ premiere: stunning?
I have this awful habit: when I get too excited about a movie, I start to get mad at myself for being such a cheeseball, and then I end up getting ...

Yahoo Scraps Plan To Spin Off Alibaba Stake, But Will Split Into Two
Yahoo has today confirmed rumors it is scrapping a plan to spin off its stake in Chinese ecommerce company Alibaba. Its shares are up in pre-market ...

The Nexus 6 disappears from the Google Store
The Nexus 5X and 6P began shipping in October and now that sales are well underway, Google is bidding adieu to the Nexus 6. The Google Store ...

Uber trials bus-like service in Seattle, and wants everyone in Chicago to be an Uber driver
It’s hard to knock Uber when it looks like it’s trying to ensure there are fewer, not more, cars on the roads in our cities. And its latest pilot ...

There's one simple way the guy named as the creator of bitcoin could prove his identity
On Wednesday, Gizmodo and Wired published twin bombshell reports alleging they had identified the inventor of bitcoin. Known only by the pseudonym ...

‘Winds Of Winter’ Release Date: George R.R. Martin Doesn’t See Anyone Else Finishing ‘Game Of Thrones’ ...
While fans are still eager for a Winds of Winter release date confirmation, author George R.R. Martin remains hush about whether he’s already ...

Get Selena Gomez's sexy look from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
The sexiest look at Tuesday night's Victoria's Secret fashion show wasn't worn by a model but by singer Selena Gomez. See also: Beyond babes: ...

Mozilla shutters Firefox OS, gives up on smartphones
Mozilla confirmed Tuesday that it was halting development on Firefox OS in its current incarnation, putting an end to more than four years of ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Republicans need to stop treating climate change like a political issue
Actor and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has broken away from many of his fellow Republicans by speaking out as an active supporter ...