Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?

I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005.

Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work on Web Projects?

InNeedOfHelp

I've run into this issue before.  When you try to open something from SourceSafe, it expects a solution file or a project file.  Unfortunately, a web site doesn't have a project file.  The only way I've successfully pulled it from source safe is to manually download the project folder from source control and then open it through visual studio.  The other option would be for your co-worker to check in a solution file pointing to the Web Site.  The solution file should contain sufficient information to pull the web site out of source control.
Chris Berg, MCAD
My Blog

0
cubeberg

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Web Deployment Project with Web Application Project
I currently have a working Solution that contains 3 VB class library projects and one Web Application Project and it is working fine. I would like to use the web.config replacement functionality from the Web Deployment Projects. I add a Web Deployment project and keep the defaults, and the build is broken. Whenever I try to build, I get the following error: error ASPPARSE: Could not load type 'MyWebApp.Page1'. Done building project "MyWebApp.vbproj_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED. I have searched on this and found some information, but it doesn't seem to help. I&#...

Web Application Project/Web Site Project
Hello, I have some couple of questions... 1) How do I know a particular application already built in asp.net is "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ?2) Also I have a application built in ASP.NET and If I open the source code in VS2005, Its giving a message saying this application is built in old version and it should be converted into new version before even using. So should I migrate the application to "Web Application Project" or "Web Site Project" ? . kindly advise..(Note: This application is NOT very big or complex.) Thanks in Advance..Renil. 1)A web application pro...

Web Application Projects with Web Deployment Projects...
Hi there,  Does anyone have any experience in using the Web Deployment Project pieces to deploy Web Application style projects (rather than the web site projects model)? We have a rather larger eCommerce site that uses WAP model (it was originally a website model, but we ran into so many problems with compile times, temp .dll file lockups at compile etc that we moved it to WAP a long time ago). What's strange is that the project compiles fine normally when we're not using the Web Deployment Project and everything is fine. However, the second we hook the WDP stuff up, we'r...

Web Application Project and Web Deployment Project
I went to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx and downloaded the web deployment project. Installed it and tried to create a deployment project for my web application project. However, I do not get the menu item. I've tried this with existing WAP's, new WAP's, but no luck. I have VS 2005 team developer, with SP1 and Team Explorer installed.I've tried the steps mentioned through out this post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1502324.aspx but still have no luck in getting the menu item.Any help would be appreciatedWayne...

Web Deployment Project and Web Application Project
 Hi! Maybe I have missed something, but shouldn't there be possible to do a web deployment project of a web application project? I have followed this guide http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479568.aspx, but  I can't get it to work without building the web application project first. With TFSBuild it fails even if I build the web application first. The error looks like this: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /WebDepWeb.csproj -p <MySourceFolder>\WebDepWeb -f <MySourceFolder>\WebDepBuild\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsi...

Web Site Project or Web Application Project?
Hi all, I have a situation here.  My team's project has window and web clients, and we used Team System to control Source Code. We have a contract company that develop the generated codes for some of the web pages that being used in the web client.  They built it using Web Site Project.  We still need to develop some other web pages that has different functionalities than the code generator and one of our team member created a project which is a Web Application Project.  Now, the code generator doesn't work because it won't compile in our Web Application Pro...

Web Site Project and Web Application Project
I hope someone can help me out with this question.I have been using Web Application Projects and like what it can offer because I am so used to how VS 2003 was structured. I am trying to teach someone the difference between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects, but haven't been able to figure out how to create a new solution that is specific to the Web Site Project structure anymore. I thought when I installed Web Application Projects, I would have the option to switch back and forth between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects. Is there something I am overlooking when I ...

Difference Between Web Application Projects and Web Deployment Projects
....what's the difference? Web App Projects sounds like everythng I want, but what does it do that Web Deployment doesn't? First of all, here are two highly recommended blog posts that you may want to read about Web Application Projects and Web Deployment Projects.  http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/07/432630.aspx http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/06/429723.aspx In a nutshell, a web deployment project is associated with a web site project and is a step that you may want to take before your deploy your application.  You can do post processing on ...

Difference between Web Site Project, and Web Application Project?
Hi - can anyone please explain, in simple terms, what the difference is between a Web Site Project, and a Web Application Project? I've read Scotts blog at http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBasic/Migration/Migration.aspx - but am none the wiser. I'm about to upgrade from VS2003 to VS2005 - and don't want to waste a lot of time upgrading existing 2003 web apps to 2005 web site projects, if web application projects are more appropriate. Thanks for any guidance, Mark Hi.I have exactly the same question, and can't find any information about it.Can anyone help us?Sérgio Also i...

Converting a Web Site Project to a Web Application Project ?
I upgraded my .NET 1.1 apps to Web Site Projects long before this add on was released and was wondering if there's  a way to convert these Web Site Projects to Web Application Projects because I really did like the old way of just uploading one dll to the web server when updates came around.   Is there a way to do this?In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't. Here are a couple of tutorials that describe how to do this: C# - http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx VB - http://webproject.scottgu.com/VisualBa...

Web Deployment Project failing for Web Application Project
I have a solution containing 40+ projects including a Web Application Project and Web Deployment Project.  When I compile the solution excluding the WDP, it is successful.  When compiling including the WDP, it fails.  The failures are odd because they include compile time errors with the user controls code-behind complaining ala: Error 19 'Picis.Web.Applications.UserPreferences.UserPreference' does not contain a definition for 'GetCategoryName' c:\PWA\Development\Sources\PicisWeb\Picis.Web\Apps\UserProfile\UserPreferences\Engine\UserProfileEngine.ascx.cs 4...

Web resources about - Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects? - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...