Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?

I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005.
Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work on Web Projects?
InNeedOfHelp
6/9/2006 3:54:06 PM
📁 asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects
📃 1239 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1000 Views

I've run into this issue before.  When you try to open something from SourceSafe, it expects a solution file or a project file.  Unfortunately, a web site doesn't have a project file.  The only way I've successfully pulled it from source safe is to manually download the project folder from source control and then open it through visual studio.  The other option would be for your co-worker to check in a solution file pointing to the Web Site.  The solution file should contain sufficient information to pull the web site out of source control.

Chris Berg, MCAD
My Blog

0
cubeberg