Asp.net web site || Asp.net web project

Hi,

Can any body tell me waht is difference between Asp.net Web Project and Asp.net web site and its features. If there is no difference between them why they use separately.

naveed.

0
naveedbaig

You can review all supported options in the two type at this MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.asp

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel
10/9/2007 10:16:06 AM

hi, take a look at this post:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1164387.aspx

0
raj07
10/9/2007 10:19:33 AM

hi,

thanx,

can u tell me which one is best choice for programming.

Naveed

0
naveedbaig
10/9/2007 12:26:25 PM

It depends on your needs and it's recommended to use Web Application if you have previously  used Visual Studio 2003 and also for the migrated projects.

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
 I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a few kinks when using the process on a VB project.  The Problem:After creating a new Web Application Project, copying in the old files, and running the "Convert to Web Application Project" process, the site would no longer build.  Any classes stored in the "Old_App_Code" folder (previously named...

Convert VB.Net Web Site to Web Application Project
I am working with Visual Studio Pro SP1 and had some problems converting an old VB.Net web site into a VB.Net Web Application Project.  I followed the advice offered here ( http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration2/Migration2.aspx ), but ran into a...

how to tell the project type in .NET? Difference between web application & web site?
Hi, I wonder how can I tell the .NET project type if I got the solution code. Is there any configuration for the project type like: ASP.NET web application, ASP.NET web service application, windows application etc. And is the web site actually a web application project in .NET? Just not clear about the basic concept.   thanks, Hi, in ASP.NET 1.x (visual studio 2002 - 2003) they were real projects but that changed with the initial release of Visual studio 2005 when the concept of website came up. After a while, and quite a lot of asking, Microsoft released the web application pr...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Web project error when trying to open a .net project
I am very new to this & drowning. I created a very simple web project with the ext of .vbproj. If I double clik on it I go into visual studio with no problem BUT if I try and open another project also with .vbproj extension I get the message that it's a web project & that I need to open using it's URL path. File, open project gives me the same message & if I try File, open web project - even tho it's looking for files of type *.vbproj - it does not see the file. How do I open it & how was it created?...

Problem when deploying Web Application project over VS2005 Web Site project
Hi,  we ran into this issue yesterday evening when we were trying to deploy new code on production box. It was running previous version of our app that was VS 2005 Web Site project, but the new version was migrated into Web App project. New build was tested on sandbox and even on the same production machine (but under different, non public web site configured there) and was working fine. However, when we deployed on production web site, we got this error:Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProfileCommon' could not be found (are you missing a using directi...

Web Application Projects vs. Web Site Project- Where is Copy Project?
I have opted to use the Web App Project in 2005 (The 2003 Model)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspxWhy is the copy project missing when this model is used? It was there in 2003?Thank you,Patrick http://www.SURFThru.com   SURFThru.com I wanted to bump this topic again to see if any Microsoft techs had any input on this item.SURFThru.com...

System.Net is not available in VS2005 Web project
I'm trying to access the System.Net.Mail namespace in an ASP.NET application (not website) and it's not available.  Any ideas why not? It is available in a different web site project, but not in an application. Thanks, Kahanu make sure that a reference to System.dll assembly is exists in your application.  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you...

VS.NET Projects on the Net
If I'm done with a project/solution that I created with IIS(Localhost) and VS.NET, what files from the solution will I need to upload to the host? (Host in this case is Brinkster(Free Plan)) only the aspx and ascx files ... in the bin folder you will need the compiled dll files ... Also in the root you need: web.config and flobal.asax That's itVerhoeven Bart MCSD.NET Technical Project Leader There is only 2 files in the .bin folder. ..dll file and .pdb All the ACSX and ASPX files are in the project's folder. When ever I try building the project, I get nothing in the B...

Web Site Project and Web Application Project
I hope someone can help me out with this question.I have been using Web Application Projects and like what it can offer because I am so used to how VS 2003 was structured. I am trying to teach someone the difference between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects, but haven't been able to figure out how to create a new solution that is specific to the Web Site Project structure anymore. I thought when I installed Web Application Projects, I would have the option to switch back and forth between Web Site Projects and Web Application Projects. Is there something I am overlooking when I ...

Web resources about - Asp.net web site || Asp.net web project - asp.net.vs2005-webapp-projects

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Letters to Nauru: child penpals bond in Befriend A Child In Detention project
Letters written by Preston schoolchildren to children in detention on Nauru have mysteriously disappeared.

Microsoft Office 365 now offers a project management app
Microsoft has announced the release of a preview and testing version of its new lightweight project management application Planner. The application ...

"Middle-class and higher-income parents see their children as projects in need of careful cultivation..." ...
"They try to develop their skills through close supervision and organized activities, and teach children to question authority figures and navigate ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

Divers work to clean up failed Florida reef project from the '70s
Up to two million tires, bundled by metal clips, were dumped to create an artificial reef; but now they're damaging it

$21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project Will Imitate Kelp
... under water off the Australia coast, where it will generate electricity from swells $21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project ...

Fortune Feimster Upped To Regular On ‘The Mindy Project’
Fortune Feimster , who joined the fourth season of comedy series The Mindy Project as a recurring, has been promoted to series regular. Feimster ...