Web project error when trying to open a .net project

I am very new to this & drowning. I created a very simple web project with the ext of .vbproj. If I double clik on it I go into visual studio with no problem BUT if I try and open another project also with .vbproj extension I get the message that it's a web project & that I need to open using it's URL path. File, open project gives me the same message & if I try File, open web project - even tho it's looking for files of type *.vbproj - it does not see the file. How do I open it & how was it created?
0
pamm

Can't open my VS2003 project: The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.
Hello. I am using visual studio 2003. I am trying to open a visual studio 2003 project that was written a few years ago using visual studio 2003. Currently the project resides in the virtual directory named Inetpub\wwwroot.  My problem is that I am not able to open the project. When I do try and open the project, I get the following error message:  The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.  I don't know what is going on here? Someone please help me out. Note that I have tried two different ways to open th...

"The project you are trying to open is a Web project" Error
When I try to open the project from web at http://localhost/ngallery/nGallery.csproj in visual studio, I get this error: The project you are trying to open is a Web project...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

errors when trying to open or create projects in visual studio .net 2003
I am running windows xp pro. I have IIS 5.1 and windows .net framework 1.1. In visual studio .net 2003, when i try to create a new web service i get the following error: Web server reported the followig error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: https://localhost/AuthorsWebService. An error occured in the secure channel support. When I try to open an existing project, i get the following error:  Web server reported the followig error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: https://localhost/MyWebServi...

VS.NET error
I did something wrong... Background: I created a web service and it is located on my dev machine. It is working because I have another application on a different machine that is sending xml data to it & it's still processing the data. When I load the web service in VS.NET (2003) I get "Unable to open Web project 'mywebproject'. Could not find a web server at 'mywebserver'...." I click OK and then I right click 'mywsproject', select reload and there it is. This was working just fine so I'm thinking I accidentally removed something... Sorry. Found my answer. T...

.net open project from web
Hi! I have put a web application in the server (windows server 2003). In my laptop, I trying to open the project from web by entering url in the box http://heqwebazcan01/cpsm, where heqwebazcan01 is our web server name in our network. It asks me to log in the server and the login succeeds and then an error box pops up showing: "The folder http://heqwebazcan01/cpsm/ is no longer available." Can anybody help me with this? Do I need to create a folder in my laptop first before I can open a project from the web? http://heqwebazcan01/cpsm runs fine...

.net web application project error
http://localhost/ - HTTP 500 - Internal server error Nowhere near enough information. Could be anything from a missing resource reference to an infinite loop... the Error is http.1/500 What are you doing on the page? What does your page code look like? What kind of page are you processing? What are you hoping to accomplish if the page works properly? just want to create new web application project using C# tool from vs .net it gave this error 500 Ok, I give... ;-)...

VS.NET Open project from the web
Hi All, I have a webapplication running a server. I would like to develop the webapplication from another machine. How is this achieved? How does "Open project from the web" work? What do i need to do to set up my webapplication to do this? Do i have to be on the same network? Do both computer need to be part of a Domain? This goes back to another question i have regarding HOW a team of people work on the same webapplication?? What is the general procedure for doing this?? Thanks, rw As to how a team works on a web application, see this guide: Team Developm...

Open project Vs Open project from web
what is the difference when opening ASP .net application in VS .net Thanks in advance feed the creative machine I usually have to use Open Project from Web when I'm adding an existing web project to a different solution. I usually use Open project to directly open either the solution or the project.Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance EditorBlog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandesMicrosoft MVP Open Project: we browse to the Physical path of the solution (it search the virtual path in the end) Open project from web: we give the virtual path of the proje...

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

How to Open VB.Net Projects in Web Matrix
Hi,I thought VB.Net is compatible with ASP.NET. Today I was trying to open an elderly VB.Net Project in my Web Matrix Server to include the Project in a new ASP.NET Project, but it was not posible. I could only view it in script version. What is the best way to integrate VB.NET Projects in an ASP.Net Project working with Web Matrix??Thanks. The issue is not one of language compatibility (using Visual Basic in ASP.NET), but of how Visual Studio .NET created projects (Web applications) and Web pages. In the VS .NET model, pages were created with a code-behind class file that used a m...

VS.NET + unable to open web project
Hello I am not sure what I have done wrong.  I have installed DotNetNuke under C:\TestSite. I have successfully accessed it via “Start-Run- http://localhost/TestSite” for some time creating and uploading skins.  So I presumed that all was well.   I am now tring to create and build my first module using DNNJungle’s HelloWorld Module Tutorial  I have downloaded: CodeSmith Templates for DotNetNuke v3  which so far I have been unable to access And downloaded and run  VS.NET Project Templates for DotNetNuke 3 From DNNJungle And download...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Web resources about - Web project error when trying to open a .net project - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Origin Energy locks in floor for oil prices to cut LNG project risk
Origin Energy protects its $24.7 billion liquefied natural gas project in Queensland from further falls in crude oil prices.

Hillary Clinton wants “Manhattan-like project” to break encryption
Enlarge / Hillary Clinton. (credit: Clinton campaign. ) Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has called for a "Manhattan-like project" to ...

Weekend Reading: D-Squared Digest: One-Minute MBA: Avoiding Projects Pursued By Morons 101
**Daniel Davies**: [The D-Squared Digest One Minute MBA: Avoiding Projects Pursued By Morons 101](http://blog.danieldavies.com/2004_05_23_d- ...

Microsoft's answer to Google's Project Loon - Business Insider
Connecting the next one billion users to the internet is a challenge being taken up by multiple technology companies, including Microsoft.

China’s Solar Power Project Operator United PV Raises $100 Million Through Bonds
In an attempt to further expand its acquisition spree, the Chinese operator of solar power projects United PV has issued convertible bonds. United ...

Ford, Google Reportedly Teaming Up For Driverless Car Project
Just a week after Ford announced it would be joining the auto pack and heading to California to test a driverless car next year, the company ...

Becoming certified in project management will upgrade any resume
If you want to work in an organization of any size, becoming fluent in project management is one of the most marketable skills you can acquire, ...