VS2003 IDE not debugging

I was unable to perform debugging using vs2003, I already set debugging asp.net to true in properties section, but still this won't work.

I tried reinstalling vs yesterday it debugging works after.  But this morning the issue was back without any changes made before i shutdown my computer yesterday.

I notice that after i press F5 to start my web app, debugging options such as pause or stop does not appear after the project was loaded to the explorer.  This allows me to press F5 again when I switch back to the source code.

Can anyone help me with my issue to vs2003, I already spend a lot of time finding anwers to my vs2003.

Thanks everyone for any help.

0
audux

Have you gone through this guide http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwesw3ee(VS.71).aspx

- William

Give some of my PWSK modules a try.
0
whighfield
4/16/2009 4:14:47 AM

Hi Whighfield,

I've tried config to IIS, VS properties and Web.config and found out that my problem is that the process aspnet_wp.exe is not automatically attached upon debugging the project.

This were fixed everytime I reinstall my VS but for some time it goes back to the problem again,  Is there a way so automatically attach the process again and after that how could i avoid dettachment of the process?

Thanks!

0
audux

If we disable Add-ns (“Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode” loading only the default environment and services, do we still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.

Besides, we can “devenv.exe /resetskippkgs" to avoid loading problem VSPackages.

We also can attach to running process from Visual Studio debugger. For more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c6wf8e4z(VS.71).aspx

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
4/20/2009 3:57:00 AM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info, I believe manual attach of the process resolves my issue.

This should be better now.

0
audux

VS2003 IDE Question
I could not find an appropriate forum to post this question and hoping it's okay here. I got the following message when I'm in vs2003 and tried to switch to design mode of a form. "Could not open in design view. Quote values differently inside a <%..."value"...%> block. I know it is caused from the following statement. Actually at one point in time I was able to fix it but now I have a hard time to tackle it. Can someone help me to revise it? It's caused by the first block of <%..%>. <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ItmD1") ...

Remote Debugging with VS2003
I'm trying to set up debugging with a remote production server and ASP.net 1.1 applications.  I'm at a mid-sized company; consequently, my local server and the production server are on different domains.  I've been unable in the past to use Visual Studio 2003 to debug applications on the production server because of a series of permissions issues, and other issues.  I actually migrated one application to the 2.0 version and VS2005, but debugging turned out not to be any easier because of the domain/permissions issue. My local machine is Windows XP SP2; the remote server ...

CR from VS2002 to VS2003
Hi All,I opened an existsting VS.NET (2002) application in VS.NET 2003.The report page contains Crystal Reports.When I open the Report page in VS.NET 2003, the crystal report viewer shows "Error Creating Control - Crystal Report Viewer1". I tried to open a new crystal report viewer, so I drag the crystalreportviewer from the Toolbox, I got the same error messge as above.can anybody help me how to solve this prob?ThanX~FAAS Take a look at this article. It fixed the problem for me.http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2013124.asp...

Should I switch to VS2003.net
I used to code my simple ASP pages with Frontpage. As I started to learn ASP.NET I used the web matrix and completed all the basic tutorials. I am happy writing code with ASP.NET and started to feel comfortable so I started trying to do the articles from the main page of ASP.NET. However, I can't seem to get some of the articles to work. And clearly some articles are more geared to VStudio then the WebMatrix. Luckly I work for a company where money is not an issue so my question is.... Should I write all my ASP.net code in VS2003.net? I konw I can code with notepad and ftp my ...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Error upgrading from VS2002 to VS2003
I just upgraded three different solutions from VS 2002 to VS2003. All of the solutions are opened from SourceSafe. The first two solutions upgraded without a problem. After upgrading the third solution, I now receive the following error when opening the solution. "Refreshing the project failed. Unable to retrieve folder information from the server." The solution opens normally. All of the projects within the solution work correctly except for one project which give the error "Unable to retrieve folder information from the server." when a refresh command is perfo...

Convert VS2003 version to VS2002
Hello! Can anyone tell me if they have or they've heard if it's actuallly possible to convert software written in VS2003 to VS2002 and have it run successfully on VS2002 software? Thanks very much! BobK bobk...

VS2003 debug start problem
I'm running Visual Studio 2003 on Win2k Server, w/IIS5. I followed Bo's (thanks, Bo!) excellent instructions (beta.dotnetnuke.dk) for setting up a DNN 2.0.3 development environment in VS. Everything went ok, I can do a build, and I can successfully select "Debug... Start with debugging" and DNN starts up ok. Under the solution's property pages, configuration properties, all of the projects have configuration=debug, platform=.NET, and build=checked. When I select Debug... Start, I get "Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server". The help mentions sever...

VS2002 Users vs. VS2003
Hi All ! I am probably not the only one to find that DNN 2.0 has been built using the newer version of Visual Studio (VS2003). I myself find that a problem as my complete development environment is built on VS2002 and all the applications I have to support has been built using VS2002. Am I the only one having this major issue ? The core team should make sure that a version for VS2002 Beta I is beeing made available for download ASAP to make the new version of DNN more interesting for the community. It is not financially viable to buy VS2003 for this one application only. In a ye...

QUERY: VS2003 + .NET 2.0
Am wondering if it's possible to make VS2003.NET work with .NET2.0 SDK? Just as we were able to use VS7.1 compiler kit in VS6.0. My company bought lots of VS2003.NET but now we want to use .NET 2.0 but without using VS2005 Express, etc. Possible? Hey, Not that I'm aware of; Visual Studio 2003 doesn't understand the new controls/syntax; you have to use the newer tool.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). No, you have to use VS 2005. It can be in...

Upgraded VB.NET from VS2003 to VS2005
I have added new components in C#.  The C# code preforms normally.  But changes in the VB code are not executed.  I can step through the VB code and watch it execute code that is no longer there.  I have run clean, and rebuilt the solution and web site. But I still get old code executed.  Where is the old module stored and how can I replace it? Thanks, Hi, Based on my understanding, when you run the code, the changes on the code is not applied. If we insert the breakpoint on that code, does it can be hit or show some warning message on the breakpoint? This looks ...

VS2003 + .Net fx 2.0
I'm running Win2003 Svr Std Ed. and VS2003.  Earlier this week, I had to install SQL Server Mgmt Studio (sql server 2005), which needs the .Net 2.0 framework, which it installed (along w/ ASP.Net 2.0). Since this installation, when I try and to debug an asp.net (1.1) app, I get an error "Unable to start debugging on web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.".  From VS, if I start w/o debugging, I get "Server Application Unavailable"...  After all this, if I restart IIS, and don't do anything from VS, I can run the app from outside VS.  Also, i...

IBuySpy Portal problem with VS2003.NET
Hi, I have VS2003.NET, XP Pro and SQL 2000. The .NET framework is 1.1 The problem I am having with the source code is that I cannot authenticate any user. The sproc returns the user name from database which also means that the user should be authenticated. It runs the SetAuthCookie method with success. The resulting page is no different than the initial page. The login component is still there. When I try to access an admin page directly it cannot find any cookie. IIS for sure uses 1.1 framework. The browser security is at minimum and accepts all kind of cookies. Do you think that this ha...

Web resources about - VS2003 IDE not debugging - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes for debugging
Apple today released Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes . According to the release notes, the release includes fixes for debugging, Interface Builder, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...