VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.

Hi All,

I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line:
I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1
I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework.
Thanks In Advance,
Tony
0
toniok

If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Visual Studio Tools, there is a "Visual Studio 2003 Comman Prompt" Icon which will create the proper paths for you to run csc.exe.

HTH
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
4/19/2004 1:39:00 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but I dont understand the description within your response.

I can't seem to find the settings that are mentioned within your message.
Thanks In Advance,

Tony
0
toniok
4/20/2004 4:13:01 AM
It's actually an icon in your program groups.  So on Windows 2000 for example, go to Start, Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003, Visual Studio .NET Tools, then there should be the icon Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt.  Hope that makes sense.
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
4/20/2004 8:18:42 PM
Thanks Eric, I found the settings.

Tony
0
toniok

Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths
Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /noconfig /fullpaths @"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\5f30865b\c21b0d13\5hlahan_.cmdline". i got this error from my http server. my site url is www.maa-kalabhavan.com so plzz tell what is the problem and how to solve it plzzz  That command is the compiler. You'd need to contact your host about the error.Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be...

Hide "NET USE" C:\Windows\System32\net.exe prompt
--____HXVYWAWXUSKEVXKBAEOI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On our logon script I'm currently mapping NetWare shares using the MAP = command and Windows shares using the NET USE command. Everything is = working fine and well its just that I'd like to completely hide the = windows command prompt box at login. Close as I've come to a recommendation= was to minimize it but not to completely hide it. as a example of what I'm currently doing: @CMD /C START /M NET USE R: = \\servername\sharename "@C...

Command line "move" command?
I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files. First some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5. We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some of our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory, particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our monthly client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send" to "receive" they all go out with no problem. I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved automatically once or twice a day. S...

"Run as..." from command prompt?
Is there a switch, or related syntax, to run an app with elevated privileges ("Run as...") from the command line? Guess the title summed it up ;-) Ie: C:\program.exe /adminpersontypething or C:\program.exe -admin THX JLJ JLJ wrote: > Is there a switch, or related syntax, to run an app with elevated > privileges ("Run as...") from the command line? > > Guess the title summed it up ;-) > > Ie: > C:\program.exe /adminpersontypething > or > C:\program.exe -admin Not entirely sure if this will work in XPh, but in XPpro...

"build" & "run" commands
Hello I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if the next command can be done in Sybase 12.5 : declare @cmd varchar(200), @name varchar(50) set @name = 'sysobjects' -- or other table, just for example set @cmd = 'select * from ' + @name + 'order by 1' exec (@cmd) Thank you, Victor yest that will work "Victor Shahar" <viktorsh@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:3fec14d2@forums-1-dub... > Hello > > I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if th...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

Compiling an "unmanaged exports" project with Prism command line compiler
Hi, I have a class library project that uses inverse P/Invoke (unmanaged exports), and I can build it interactively (obviously). The project name is HyTsmPrx32. I can also build it in batch mode by calling: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe HyTsmPrx32.sln Importantly, the .oxygene file contains <OutputType>Library</OutputType> <AllowUnsafeCode>True</AllowUnsafeCode> ... <CpuType>x86</CpuType> I want to be able to build the project on another computer, which does not have Delphi Prism installed. So I downloaded...

when run the command "zisedit -c"
I have read another thread where is written this: to clear the image safe data it's necessary to run "zisedit -C". Must I always run this command every time before I restore the image ? I try to explain: I must reboot the pc manually from bootcd.iso , then must I run "zisedit -c", and then I must run the command "img dmp" then select F6 to restore the image. Is 't correct ? thanks Regards, Monica Usually if you reimage a machine, then yu want it to come back with the same Zen workstation number as it had before. This means you ...

<key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^
Name: yel0sub Email: yel0subatcomcastdotnet Product: SeaMonkey Summary: <key id="key_savePage" key="&savePageCmd.command.key;" command-"Broswer:SavePage" modifiers="accel"/> ----^ Comments: Downloaded SeaMonkey 1.1.5 with same result on installation. PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4 ...

Net::SMTP::TLS results "EHLO command failed: 220 We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, at cgicgi-akun.cgi line 855"
Dear my friends... I am trying to sending an e-mail with Perl::CGI. But It does not work as I expect. This is the error message: EHLO command failed: 220 We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, at cgicgi-akun.cgi line 855 line 855 contains: $smtp = Net::SMTP::TLS->new( 'mail.penguin-teknologi.com', # may need a helo parameter here on some servers Timeout => 9999, Debug => 0, ); What is my mistake? Please tell me. Thank you very much in advance. ps: This is the routine. ==== #!/usr...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\vbc.exe
I have installed Framework\v1.0.3705 Version of asp.net application in client machine and application was running properly when virus was not affecing the system. after affecting virus I am getting the error as mentioned below. Can you advice me if any solution is available. I had searched & check even in internet but the solution provide doesn’t work. Please advise. Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\vbc.exe" @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\budget\0a3afc82\b3cc03e0...

"Print this page" in VS.NET and C#
I am a beginning developer in Visual Studio and C# and I am trying to find ways to do the following things, but have found little success. 1) Print this page (The best I could find was at: http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/052701-1.shtml ) but is there any better or easier out there? 2) Send this page to a friend 3) Recommend this website Any help would be most appreciated, Mike...

"Retain in Memory" and "Unattended Execution" Options in VS.net?
Hi, A colleague found the article below which explains why our old VB6 DLLs are being unregistered on the server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;264957 Anyone know if these settings are still a concern in Visual Stuio .net DLLs? I tried to find similar settings on the "solution" and "project" properties tabs, but I didnt see anything that matched. Also, if anyone is interested in learning more about DLLs being unregistered, or IIS hanging when you use DLLs compiled in VS, there is a webcast from MS available here: http://www103.pla...

Web resources about - VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt. - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003