VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.

Hi All,

I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line:
I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1
I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework.
Thanks In Advance,
Tony
0
toniok
4/18/2004 11:05:49 PM
📁 asp.net.vs2002-vs2003
📃 3502 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1195 Views

If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Visual Studio Tools, there is a "Visual Studio 2003 Comman Prompt" Icon which will create the proper paths for you to run csc.exe.

HTH

Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
4/19/2004 1:39:00 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but I dont understand the description within your response.

I can't seem to find the settings that are mentioned within your message.
Thanks In Advance,

Tony
0
toniok
4/20/2004 4:13:01 AM
It's actually an icon in your program groups.  So on Windows 2000 for example, go to Start, Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003, Visual Studio .NET Tools, then there should be the icon Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt.  Hope that makes sense.

Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes