VS deleting inner content of custom web server controls

I'm trying to use several different custom web server controls in a web form in Visual Studio.

Everything works fine until I try to change properties of any one of the custom controls via the VS property window.
When I switch back to HTML view from design view, any inner text or controls that had previously existed between the opening and closing tags of the custom control get blown away.
Is there any way to avoid this??
These are otherwise fairly simple controls. I've tried it with text, ASP web controls, and custom inner controls. I'm using VS 2003.
- DH
0
dharing

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

composite custom web controls with VS.NET 03
Hi,     I'm trying to find a good way to reuse groups of controls (composites), to make designing my web app easier.  I looked into user controls, but they don't show up in the designer as other controls do, so they make it hard to compose the layout I'd like.       Next I walked through creating a custom web control.  That example worked as stated, but it didn't involve combining two or more controls into one custom control.       A simple example of what I would like to have is a Web Panel cont...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Architecture: .Net Controls vs. Custom Controls
I'm interested in managing users. i.e. Logins and profiles, etc.My question is, should I be using things like the Login control or should I program these from scratch? I dont like the fact that .NET creates so many things for me. This level of abstraction terrifies me and it feels like I have no control over the code .I've done a few huge sites in Classic ASP (million-hits-per-day type sites) and I'm not sure how robust certain controls are, or when to use them.Is, for example, the Login control aimed at newbies to .NET? Should it be used for the larger projects with thousands of...

Custom Server Control - Moving within the VS.Net Designer
Hi, I have created a custom server control that inherits from System.Web.UI.Control. I would like my end users to be able to drag and move the server control in the VS.Net IDE. I presume I have to expose the left/top style properties but can't find anything in the documentation or via google. Any pointers, links or code would be great :) R Hmmm, Inherit from System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl or just use the default Create Web Control project in the .Net IDE Can't believe I spent 1 hour looking for this :) Any element can be movable in VS.NET. What it really does is ...

Encapsulating javascript menu code into a custom Web Control in .NET 3.5/VS 2008
I am using the "Droppy" javascript hierarchical drop down menu code from jquery projects and I want to either duplicate the functionality and look/feel in new code or encapsulate the Droppy code into a .NET 3.5 custom Web Control. Has anyone had experience doing this (encapsulating existing JavaScript code into a custom Web Control) or does anyone know of a solution that is .NET only?   Thanks in advance Hi,yes you can embed your javascript as a webresource. Take a look at this article: Creating Custom ASP.NET Server Controls with Embedded JavaScript Gr...

Web User Control Vs. Server Control Library
 So here's my scenario and I don't know if i should be using a web user control or attempt to make my own server control library. The basic mark-up that i want on the page is a image and label all excompassed in a hyper link. But in the declarative mark up of whatever tag i end up making being able to set properties of that tag. For example drop an instance of my tag on the page and i decide that i want this tag to have image1 and the hyper link to go to page1, and so on for everytime i drop a tag on the page. So sample mark up would be something like.1 <MyTag:Icon id=&quo...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

Web resources about - VS deleting inner content of custom web server controls - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Deleting Online Predators Act of 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( DOPA ) is a bill ( H.R. 5319 ) brought before the United States House of Representatives on May 9, 2006 by Republican Pennsylvania Representative ...

Facebook Deleting Inflammatory Content In India
Facebook has been complying with a request by the government of India and removing “inflammatory and hateful content” that has caused tens of ...

Deleting your Facebook page is foolish
... brag, trailing closely behind that fantastically annoying “I don’t even have a TV , never mind watch the drivel!” Let’s lay it out: deleting ...

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Applying or deleting your experimental changes - YouTube
To improve your AdWords experience, we're testing a new tool that helps you optimize your account. AdWords Campaign Experiments, or ACE, does ...

Deleting abusive online content a 'near impossible' task
POSTING offensive, harassing, intimidating or defamatory content online takes mere seconds, but getting it removed can take what feels like a ...

Paleo advocate Pete Evans accused of deleting critical posts on Facebook
Is Paleo Pete Evans is open to dietary debate? Some say he's not.

Microsoft on the threshold of deleting 'appalling' Windows 8 software
MICROSOFT plans to cut its losses on Windows 8, the latest version of the software that runs the majority of the world's computers, jettisoning ...

How to get iOS 8 without deleting everything on your phone
If you've tried downloading iOS 8, or know anyone who has already done so, you're probably familiar with the biggest complaint: The download ...

Dalton McGuinty staffers broke law by deleting gas plant emails
Senior staff members in the offices of both the Ontario energy minister and former premier Dalton McGuinty intentionally deleted emails about ...

Baidu staff, web censor profited by deleting unfavorable posts
Baidu staff, web censor profited by deleting unfavorable posts