VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection

Hi,

I am using Visual Studio .net 2003
I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000
In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine.
Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine.
Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine.
When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network and so no a valid address.
Any ideas?
0
majorworkload

I am running into a different problem.

My VS.net can connect to local SQL server, but it has stopped connecting to remote SQL Server. It used to connect OK in the past.
Any ideas anyone
0
hasanali00
12/10/2004 3:26:43 PM
has your network changed at all?

is your remote connection dependant on a vpn or something that could be failing?
passwords changed on remote server?
0
majorworkload
1/25/2005 10:48:28 PM
The only way I have ever been able to access a remote SQL Server within VS Server Explorer, with "remote" meaning not localhost nor on the local wire (i.e., a SQL Server over the internet) is to make an entry in the "hosts" file (c\:windows\system32\drivers\etc) that maps the remote IP to the NetBios/Computer Name. Then, if there are no firewall issues (port 1433 or 445), and if the Administrator credentials are the same (otherwise, have to click connect with different username/password), you can access internet nodes within Server Explorer.
0
sfrancis2002

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

I could make a dial up connect but can't log to the net
Hi, I am a newbie, I have suse11.1 on my machine, kernel 2.6.27.7-9. I'm using external USB modem for dial up(don't have alternatives). I could config the modem (after 3 weeks of hard work) to establish a dial up connection, now it is connecting but the problem is that neither konquerer nor firefox connects to any site. I log as root, also disabled firewall completely, using DHCP. please help me what else can I do ? thanks -- karimbardee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you post the output of these terminal commands w...

CAN'T MAKE NEW CONNECTION TO DATA WINDOW
Hi I'm going through the "guided tour" part of the readme file. When I try to do the first example in the data section I can't get it to work. The tutorial says to open the data window then select "new connection" on the top left corner of the tab. That menu item is not active and it doesn't say "new connection" it says "open" and it is not active. The close active menu item that I see is "add database connection". When I select this item is takes me to a window to open up an sql file. How can I get this section to work. I was abl...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi, I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)...

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi,  I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)  Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!) try to instal mySql with the free tool "AppServ"... is more simple....

Can connect to local network, can't connect to the www
I was following the "Getting your wireless to work" sticky and I've my local network working as I can ping both the router as well as other computers in the network. I however can not ping any external ip address (tried with 74.125.45.100 which is googles and pingable from my other laptop). It's a broadcom card that was working fine up till recently (drivers obtained via fw-cutter), however it stopped working a few days ago and my attempts at getting it work to again seem to have done more harm than good now. IPv6 is disabled and the network is set to use ifup. ...

'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' OR "Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:49824".
Hi, my project was working perfectly like a week ago, i.e the admin tool and testing on browser all worked fine before. Now, since when i connected a LAN cable to use the internet, the project stoped working. but the internet connection works fine. i tried removing the cable, restarting and testing again, but it made no difference. I have tried changing the firewall settings too, still no difference. I think when i connected the LAN cable to use the internet, it must have changed the settings of the MS web developer. also, when i run an ordinary *.aspx test file outside the project, (...

error 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' novell 6.5 mysql
I received this error on the dual homed server when I tired to load mysql.nlm and after I changed the ipaddress of the server and then tried to chage it back. My Php scripts were hanging and giving me the error "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (60)". The mysqld_safe was loaded on the server just fine. Fix I went into Remote manager and clicked on Ip Address Management. Here I found Mysql and changed the address to 0.0.0.0 and the port number to the correct port. Then I modified my scripts to use the new ipaddress for database connectivity ins...

Can connect database but can't retrive the data
 Hi,  I can connect to my enterprise oracle database by a simple user. I can connect using different connecttiong sitrings and i can see the data using database explorer.But when ever i try to read data in the code below i can not see any data after i run the page. there is no error. I am sure i have data in the table `deneme` and it was committed.Why i can not retrive the data even i can see it in server explorer or sql developer tool ?  C# code: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI; using System.We...

Web resources about - VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Man wanted in connection to Waco biker shooting arrested in Louisiana
A man wanted in the deadly shootout involving rival motorcycle gangs earlier this year in Texas was arrested in northwest Louisiana on Wednesday, ...