Visual studio cannot open application. Components are not installed on local webserver add web development component

Hi I am trying to add so new functionality to an existing website developed in a visual studio 2003 and using the dot net framework 1.1

When I try to open the project in VS 2003 it gives me the follwoing error "Visual studio cannot open application. Components are not installed on local webserver  add web development component "

Do i have to install the crystal reports on my machine even to setup this project?

Muhammad Arsalan Ayub
MVP ASP.NET Visual Developmnet
User Group Leader DotNetOlympians

MyBlog
0
arsalan

 I think it's nothing to do with Crystal Report.

 Try to reinstall  Visual Studio again but this time you must select "Web Development" in the "Server Components" section.

Regards,

Shandy Hidayat, MCPD
0
shandyhidayat

 Have you checked if you already created virtual directory as required for that project. You can get required virtual directory name in .webInfo file. (Open with notepad). Set your folder as a virtual directory if you are still missing that.

You also need to check if you already have IIS installed at your system and asp.net is already registered with IIS. You can follow these steps to register asp.net with IIS.

1. open command promp
2. move to framework 1.1 folder. (may be C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 )
3. execute command  'aspnet_regiis -i'

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sunny
0
sunny_jags

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

component ? where can i find free component for visual web developer ?
hello friends where can i find free component for visual web developer ? i need checkboxes with listbox and i need gridview1 that have repeat coulum or i need like gridview1 (one row display two record and per record show one picture and information... like catalog) SincerelyMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :)...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

unable to add a secure java web service to .net thru visual studio add web reference
I have a secure java web service running on my system.   I am able to successfully do a URL based invocation of it and also was able to get the expected SOAP response. It uses the Basic Authentication mechanism to make it secure. So basically when I type the URL in the address bar and invoke it, it asks me for a user name password, I enter it and it runs normally.  Now, when I try to add that web service to a simple asp.net web application thru visual studio add web reference mechanism, it first prompts with a certificate, which I accept and then prompts with Disco...

How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?
How do I create an ActiveX web component in .NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2008?  I want to be able to create an ActiveX interface in my ASP.NET webpages so I can get windows-like features.  How can I accomplish this?  I use VB.NET and not C#.You can't stop entropy so why even try? if you want to create a real activeX control, then you need to use VB6 as VS cannot create activeX/Com components. What you can do is create a .NET winforms user control and host it on the webpage as a .NET applet which is treated like an activeX control by the browser. So to do this in .N...

Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net
As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.Start downloadStart timerError = Falsewhile error = false &nbs...

Visual Web Developer 2008 Beta 2: "The following component failed to install"
Microsoft Web Designer Tools, VWD 2008 and MSDN Library are not installed. The installation of .NET 3.5 Beta 2 seems to be ok. OS: Windows XP SP 2   The installation of the Microsoft Web Designer Tools fails, VWD and MSDN were not attempted.   Thank you for your help.ttklf4 on Twitter If you look into your user TEMP folder, you will find setup log files there. They are text files named like dd_xxxxxxx.txt. Try opening them and searching for 'Web Designer Tools'. You'll find acual error code that may help to identify the issue. You may ha...

Web resources about - Visual studio cannot open application. Components are not installed on local webserver add web development component - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...