Urgent!!! Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Catastrophic failure

Hi

I have installed win2000 on my machine at work place. When i treid to install IIS, it propmpted me to install Win2000 SP4 before it install IIS. So i downlaoded SP4 from microsoft website and installed it. After that it istalled IIS also.

Then i installed VS.net Prof 2002 on the same machine whihc went well.

Now if i try to debig my application it gives me the following error

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Catastrophic failure. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?"

Does any one have any idea why i get this error.

Pls help.

Thanks in advance

0
siriy2k

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Why do I receive the following from: <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SEVERNAME;database=databaseName;uid=sa;pwd=tester" /> </appSettings> SYMPTOMS When you debug an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio .NET, you may receive the following error message: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start wit...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request. Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? Hi, i recommend u check this set of solutions Error: Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCT...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.
hello friends,I m developing one project upto yesterday it run fines but today when i run the project it shown following error.Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debuging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debuged.Plz help me how to solve this problem.Thanks in advance,Regards,Sandeep Suryawanshi In the web.config file make sure the debug=true attribute is set in the compilation tag. <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"/> HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hello sir,Thanks for reply,When i m adding this line in web.config. Problem ...

Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged
I keep getting this error after I made changes to the web.config file. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong here? I can run the project with Start Without Debugging. What I want to do is restrict access in chksystems directory and allow users in the aspx directory. Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="strConnString" value="server=sqlserver;database=Dev;uid=sa;pwd=data" /> </appSettings> <system.web> ...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged.
I have checked the webconfig file debug is set to true. I had to reinstall .net 2003 now I am getting this error  There are several common causes for this error message.  Most of them are covered in this KB article, along with a link to how to fix each one:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306172 Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..
Hello. Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.  Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i   ...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable.
Hi everyone,I am getting the following error while trying to run my window application in vs.net (vb.net),"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable."Can anybody help me to resolve this error? Try this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc Or search the forums: http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Unable+to+start+debugging&f=&u= Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it ...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
Hello I'm using Windows 2000 Professional and VS.net 2002. I'm trying to start a web application, but I get this error: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?" I've read the KB and they say: "Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users group on the computer. A non-administrator does not have the correct permissions to debug the ASP.NET worker process (Aspnet...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
I am unable to run my web application in debug mode i have review all the steps given below but its still giving the error:---------------------------Microsoft Development Environment---------------------------Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Click Help for more information.---------------------------OK   Help   ---------------------------  My web.config compilation element has debug=true. correct version of asp.net (1.1) is selected in IIS. my virtual directory is configured as web application. my physic...

error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server
error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project? I get this message when I try run a project Why is this happening? I have checked the web config file and debug is set to true In the configuration manager debug is set. I have installed IIS before installing .NET what unknown Microsoft error is happening here?? if the solution is too uninstall and reinstall .NET, then the question will be how many times does a developer have to do this in hi...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
I downloaded IBuySpy Store VS VB on to my computer. I got the store database and VS project components. Every thing looks OK, except the following message pops up when I start the project: Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The project is not configured to be debugged. What causes the above error? What can I do to fix it? The project runs just fine without error if I start it without debugging. Thanks for any help. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" Add the following line: To the node in th...

Error while trying to run project:Unable to start debugging on web server.Access is denied.
Hi group members, I just started taking ASP.NET for this semester. I have spent all week trying to setup remote debugging on my Windows 2003 Web Server so I can connect to it from my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am going Crazy. I spent more time try to figure this out then doing my home work. I am certified as MCP for Win2000 Pro & WinSer2000, but this is driving mad!!! This is what I have done: Windows 2003 Web Server: 1. Share Permissions are setup on the wwwroot folder for full control. 2. Scripts and Executables is enabled 3. I part of the Debugger Users and Administrator...

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.
This error is making me suicidal,Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Click help for more information.I have 1.1 and 2.0 framework. I was able to run my 2003 adn 2005 applications with no issue till I installed SQL Server Rep Services 2005 , and now I can not run any of my applications for 2003, I have changed the framework option in IIS for those applications to 1.1, but it won't work,Please help. Is debug set to true in the applications web.config? If it's more complicated than that try running through this check list http://...

Web resources about - Urgent!!! Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.Catastrophic failure - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Global catastrophic risk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some such events could destroy or cripple modern civilization . Other, even more severe, scenarios threaten permanent human extinction . These ...

Press Release: Mob sexual assaults reported to OpAntiSH during June 30th demonstrations hit catastrophic ...
... الجنسي الجماعي‎ hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Press Release: Mob sexual assaults reported to OpAntiSH during June 30th demonstrations hit catastrophic ...

Internships : What is the most catastrophic mistake made by an intern at a tech company?
Answer (1 of 105): I sat at the MySQL console for the production web application database and typed: > > DELETE FROM tablename WHERE id - 1234; ...and ...

Iran Nuclear Deal: A Catastrophic Mistake - YouTube
The nuclear deal with Iran is a catastrophic mistake. Learn more at RestorationPAC.com

Catastrophic fire danger in parts of WA
Total fire bans are in place in parts of Western Australia's Gascoyne, Central Wheatbelt and Great Southern regions, following a catastrophic ...

JOHN MCCAIN: It Would Be 'Catastrophic' If Congress Blocked Obama On Syria
... that passage has a “long way to go.” McCain told reporters after the meeting that a vote that prevents military action in Syria would be “catastrophic.” ...

Baby shaken by father suffered 'catastrophic injuries', court hears
Doctors say the girl was likely severely disabled as a result of the injury. The maternal grandmother of a baby who suffered "catastrophic" brain ...

WA bushfires: Esperance facing ‘catastrophic’ fire danger
A BUSHFIRE is just kilometres away from the town of Salmon Gums as an emergency warning remains in place for people in North Cascade in the Shire ...

WA bushfires: Esperance facing ‘catastrophic’ fire danger - PerthNow Search Search
A BUSHFIRE is just kilometres away from the town of Salmon Gums as an emergency warning remains in place for people in North Cascade in the Shire ...

Victoria's floods catastrophic: ICA - Insurance Council of Australia
The Insurance Council of Australia has declared a catastrophe in northwest Victoria as a result of flooding.