Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET

Hi,                 In my application (web based application) a send link is there. Onclick of that I want to open the default email client on the local machine with a file attached to it and let the user enter the additional details (recipients, etc). The email client will be MS Outlook or Lotus Notes 8 or any other thing.

I have tried:
- Mailto, but this does not seem to be a very stable solution and not able to attach file to it.
- Smtp, but I am not able to open the email client before sending

I hope someone can give me some advice.
Thanks in Advance.
 Regards,Lakshmi Ramya.
0
ramyamallikarjun

please check out the following sites which are dedicated to emailing from .NET:

www.systemwebmail.net

www.systemnetmail.net

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Thanks for reply.

But this doesnot give me the output what i am looking for.

 could you please suggest me anyother way.

 Most of the way i am facing problems with attachments opening the client email.

Regards,

Lakshmi Ramya.

0
ramyamallikarjun

the way I got it is that you can use the mailto functionality only to pass in the To, Cc, Bcc, subject and some text in the body via the querystring. I don't think there's the option to put in an image. So the alternative is that you provide the functionality to send mails from .NET in which you can add an attachment that's already on the server or you provide an upload functionality for the user to upload the attachment first. On how to do this check the formentioned links in my previous reply.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
11/20/2008 12:21:10 PM

Thank You Kris. One small suggestion..

can i add a file in the body using mailto?

Regards,

Lakshmi Ramya.

0
ramyamallikarjun
11/20/2008 12:27:18 PM

I honestly don't know. I did a quick google/live search and found that it should be possible but not exactly how.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
11/20/2008 12:36:31 PM

Its ok.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lakshmi Ramya.

0
ramyamallikarjun

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Sending Email using HTML file as Emailbody using Net.Mail.MailMessage... Please help
Hi all I can send emails with text or html emailbody using asp.net, but cannot find any method or example so far on the web to show how to use an html file as an emailbody. I have tried everything. I know how to do it with the old asp. I have created a html document for example newsletter.html. I want this document to be in the email body when the client opens the email. It must not load from another url. I suppose what i want to do is embed it into the email.Any help or examples will be appreciated as this is quite urgent for me to implement it for my client.  This is the code im ...

Sending Mail Using System.Net.Mail with out using User credentials
HI, I have an application where in i send mails based on some condition, the user is already authenticated, so i need not check the User Credentials.Right now this is how the piece lokks:- mailClient.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(USERID, USER_PWD,DOMAIN); I want to send the mail, with out validating the user credentials, Can i skip the above line. Please post aqlong with the sample code.   Thanx in Advance. Anil Kumar.   I think you cannot skip. but store user credentials in session variables after login and then pass.If this post was useful to you, please mark it as...

What is the maximum size of attachement in sending mail using system.net.mail?
I am able to send mail with attachement using System.Net.Mail. But I want to know the maximum size limit of aatchement. Thanks, Prashant It depends on your smtp server settings  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets Hello Mudassar Khan, Thank you very much for your reply.  Where and how to set this setting in my SMTP server???? And one more thing I want to know that there is any limit of the message body size or message size that can be sent using system.net.mail???????   Thanks, P...

Sending Email using net.mail
Hi, I have an email class using net.mail. I want to be able to send multiple emails for weekly newsletters. I add recipients using AddRecipeint method then build the recipient list using BuildRecipientList(). This all works fine, however the problem is that each email displays all recipients in the To: address list. Obviously I only want to have the recipients email shown. Can anyone tell me how to hide all other recipients except the reciever or if there is a better way of sending to multiple users?        public void AddRecipient(string EmailAddress)  &nb...

How to send e-mail to invalid address using System.Net.Mail.MailMessage
Hi all,i need create MailMessage with invalid address. It is posible? I need send mail to smtp server with MailMessage.To = "[FAX: ...fax number.....]". Thanks all for any help! p.s.: sorry for my english.  It can't be an invalid email address, but if you run a fax server the email address in the fax server syntax should work fine. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Cannot send E-Mail using C# .NET
I tried two different concepts, but both don't work. Any idea?: System.Web.Mail.MailMessage Mailer = new System.Web.Mail.MailMessage(); Mailer.From = From; Mailer.To = To; Mailer.Subject = Subject; Mailer.Body = Body; Mailer.BodyFormat = Format; System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(Mailer); throws an System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException SmtpMail snail=new SmtpMail(); snail.Send("adress","adress", "subect","text"); causes an security exception ( CS0122: Auf 'System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpMail()' ist der...

Send email using System.Net.Mail
hi to all,  while i am sending mail to gmail ,i am facing problem.but i can send mail to other smtp adress like(smtp.horasoft.in)plz give advice how to send email to gmail(i didn't give any details other than  below code).thank you in advance.   protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)        {                                     &nbs...

HOW TO: Send email using System.Net.Mail
 Looks like they locked the thread in the FAQ section, so I'll just ask my question here. I"m using a version of the System.Net.Mail class that was posted in the FAQ section. I'm trying to use it like this:            string from = EmailTextBox.Text;            string to = ContactIdentifier.EmailAddress;            string bcc = "";            strin...

Sending email using System.net.Mail
 I am trying to send email using Asp .Net. I am using System.Net.Mail namespace. The code i written is below MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); message.From = new MailAddress("myemail@domain.com"); message.To.Add(new MailAddress("someone@domain.com")); message.Subject = "Test"; message.Body = "This is a test message"; message.IsBodyHtml = false; SmtpClient mailClient = new SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com", 587); mailClient.Credentials = ne...

Sending Email with Attachments using VB.NET
Hi all, i have searched many sites for sending email with attachments using vb.net but found none. At last i found one using c# at stardevelopers.com. It was a great article. What i did is to convert that one in to vb.net , and here is the code. <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.web.Mail" %> <%@ import Namespace="system.io" %> <script runat="server"> Sub sendMessage_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Dim mailmsg as new MailMessage 'creating n...

sending mail using Net::SMTP client
Hi, I am trying to send a mail via Net::SMTP The code is below ==================================== $smtp = Net::SMTP->new("smtp.domain.com"); $smtp->to("sd@sd.com"); $smtp->data(); $smtp->datasend("To: sd@sc.com"); $smtp->datasend("From: sd@cs.com \n"); $smtp->datasend("Subject: whatever"); $smtp->datasend("\n"); $smtp->datasend("test message"); $smtp->dataend(); ======================================== Can anybody help me out and tell me where is the error. I am using Win...

Send E-mail using VB.NET
Hi, Does someone know how I could send emails in bulk to registered users from a web interface? I have a website where users can register on and have created a sort of CMS tool, where users can add some text to the website like a Word editor text box and all this information is stored in an SQL DB.So, I created a field e-mail address and all the e-mail addresses are available in my database. Once a month, I would like to send an email to all the registered users avaialable in the DB. So I would like to have a TO: field where I can add multiple email addresses in, by selecting the users fr...

HOW TO: Send email using System.Net.Mail
Below is a C# and VB.NET class that demonstrates using System.Net.Mail to send an email. Download C# System.Net.Mail HelperDownload VB.NET System.Net.Mail Helper Calling the function from code MailHelper.SendMailMessage("fromAddress@yourdomain.com", "toAddress@yourdomain.com", "bccAddress@yourdomain.com", "ccAddress@yourdomain.com", "Sample Subject", "Sample body of text for mail message") MailHelper.cs using System.Net.Mail; public class MailHelper{   /// <summary>   /// Sends an mail ...

Web resources about - Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Attachment in adults - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment in adults deals with the theory of attachment in adult romantic relationships. Attachment theory was extended to adult romantic relationships ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync for iPad ...
Get Documents.me - Documents from remote PC, MAC, Gmail attachments, Google Drive & Dropbox Docsync on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

A bullet attachment that could save lives? - YouTube
It looks like a toy attachment for a gun, but this new device is intended to give suspects a chance to live if shot. CNN's Sara Sidner reports. ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.