Problems with SourceSafe binding - have to rebind every time I open project

I have an ASP.NET project that is under source control using Visual Source Safe 6.0.

Every time I re-open Visual Studio.NET 2003 I get the following message:
"The source control bindings for the Visual Studio 6.0 projects you are opening cannot be converted. All the new projects will be set to disconnected mode. Use the Change Source Control command on the Source Control menu to rebind the projects to their server locations."

The project is no longer bound to VSS. When I try to re-bind it, following the directions in the message (File > Change Source Control), I am able to rebind it but when I click OK to save the changes I get this message:
"Some projects have been bound to server locations that may to be incorrect [their bad grammar, not mine].
A location may be incorrect either because it does not contain the majority of the projects' files or because those files are not in the correct location relative to the specified server folder.
You should probably fix all the bindings in the solution. However, you may continue and bind these projects to the specified locations even when some may to be incorrect
[again, their bad grammar]."

I'm then given these options: "Fix server bindings" or "Continue with these bindings". When I click "Fix..." nothing happens. When I click "Continue..." I get: "Unspecified Error".

The only fix I've found so far is to start the VSS process over again by doing File > Open From Source Control and re-creating the project from VSS. But this, of course, is annoying.

Any ideas?
0
keith5000

Hey Keith I am having an IDENTICAL issue to you did you manage to get it sorted, its driving me mental!? Big Smile

Yours in hope

Regards,

TheFIsh
0
TheFIsh
10/23/2008 6:01:21 PM

In the source safe explorer have you tried going to the project folder and checking the directory that your solution gets checked out to?
In the past have had this problem whereby the checkout folder has been deleted or subfolders of the root folder have been deleted on your local machine.

If you right click on the solution in source safe  and get latest version this will copy the files to your local machine and may sort your binding issues.

anonymouse
11/5/2008 1:24:29 PM

You can take a look at this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317957

Catherine Sea

http://www.scmsoftwareconfigurationmanagement.com/

www.dynamsoft.com
the leading developer of version control and issue tracking software
0
catherine

opening web projects for first time
i have had this same issue numerous times on a fresh clean computers and can never work it out........within sourcesafe - i have a VS2003 solution that contains a ASP.Net web project & an ASP.Net web service project.i do a GetLatestVersion onto a folder location on my D:\ Drivei create a virtual directories for each project & point them to appropriate folder locationsi now attempt to open this solution within VS 2003 and i get a prompt asking me to set my Project Locationit states http://localhost/SchedulerWeb_1 and http://localhost/LCIDME...

Can't open my VS2003 project: The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.
Hello. I am using visual studio 2003. I am trying to open a visual studio 2003 project that was written a few years ago using visual studio 2003. Currently the project resides in the virtual directory named Inetpub\wwwroot.  My problem is that I am not able to open the project. When I do try and open the project, I get the following error message:  The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.  I don't know what is going on here? Someone please help me out. Note that I have tried two different ways to open th...

In my VS2003 project I send mail and it sends 7-8 times every time I send it?
In my VS2003 project I send mail and it sends 7-8 times every time I send it? I have the following code in my global.asax code, The problem is the receiver gets 7-8 copies every time i SEND IT?Public Class Global    Inherits System.Web.HttpApplication #Region " Component Designer Generated Code "     Public Sub New()        MyBase.New()         'This call is required by the Component Designer.        InitializeComponent()      &n...

Have to rebind solution every time I open
Here is what I have going on. For one solution I work on, every time I open it visual studio tells me its under source control but its not integrated into visual studios source control, I have to choose permanently remove bindings, trying the temporary route puts me in a loop that keeps bringing me back to the screen asking for working temporarily unbound or permanently removing bindings.So, after I remove the bindings, I get a screen showing me the solution and the projects in it and allowing me to rebind it to source control. At this point I can work, but if I close out the solution or the...

opening VS2003 solutions and projects problem.
Am I able to open vs2003 sln and proj files in VWD EE? When I tried opening a sln file, the conversion wizard appears but does not detect the projects in the solution. When I try to open a project file, the project files do not open in the solution explorer, but the actual text contents of the project proj file is displayed instead. The (sln and proj)s work in VS2003, am I missing some intermediary steps or am I just not able to do it in VWD EE, which is strange since why then does the conversion wizard appear in the first place? The express editions only support one thing at a time. VWD ...

vs.net problems (open project dnn)
my dnn 1.0.9 is in "C:\Inetpub\dotnetnuke109" and can be opend via "http://localhost/dotnetnuke109" if i now want to open the "DotNetNuke.vbproj" file, i get an error in vs.net: "unable th open webproject dotnetnuke. the filepath "C:\Inetpub\dotnetnuke109" does not correspond to the url "http://localhost/dotnetnuke/"" so, where can i change this value for the url? If you haven't done so already, you need to create a virtual directory called DotNetNuke and point it to your DNN folder. If you want to change the url to s...

Problem to open an existing project in Visual Studio.Net
Hola to all;I am trying to open an already existing project in Visual Studio. Net and I obtain the following mistake:"Visual Studio could not create or open because the explorer is formed to use a server proxy for the local server"I am grateful for the help that they could offer to me Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, uncheck the Use Proxy box.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Problem opening / creating Dot net 2003 projects
Hi, I have Windows XP SP2 & Dot Net 2003 installed in my laptop. Actually i installed Dot Net couple of months back & i didn't work in that. Couple of days back, when i tried to create a sample ASP .NET / C# web project, it gave the following error The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/TestSB/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. The event viewer had the following warning message. Source: W3SVC EventID: 36 User: N/A The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'....

Problem in opening / creating new web project in vs.net 2003
Hi all,I have been having this problem for 3 days. What's happening is, I will always get " Unable to open Web project '<project_name>'. The Web '<project_name>' located on server 'http://Localhost:' does not exist. " when I try to open existing web project.And when I create new web project, I will always get "Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication2'. The file path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\InetPub\wwwroot\WebApplication2' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/WebApplication2'. The tw...

nearly every time I open a link the message is problem loading page
Name: kenneth platt Email: kp3739athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: nearly every time I open a link the message is problem loading page Comments: it says in a message box the connection was reset whilst the page was loading (try again) but even trying again for 20 or more times I still get the same message. Eventually I have to close the browser and start again trying to load the web page. Please try to fix this problem-it's very annoying. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

VS.NET Opens my project very slow the first time in each day and loses the data gallery objects.
It seems like the first time in each morning, VS.NET (Enterprise Architect) opens my web application very slow. My app isn't very big yet and it takes around 5 to 10 minutes. When this happens, all the visual data gallery objects (data adapters, sql connections, datasets, etc) disappear on all the forms except the visible open form. It's like those forms time out and just don't load everything. I have to close VS and reopen it and then it opens just fine (in about 10-15 seconds with nothing lost.) Has anyone else seen this or heard of a fix? Thanks!...

open homepage every time i open a new tab
Name: Faisal Faik Email: faisaldotfaikatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: open homepage every time i open a new tab Comments: I think firefox is great and i wouldn't go anywhere else for my surfing needs, thank you. But please consider this, the only thing I believe is lacking is the ability to tweak the settings so that everytime i open a new tab, I would wish that the homepage would open just like when I first open firefox my homepage (google) is there. the option in tab settings would be great. Its the only thing firefox lacks which ultimately causes me to ta...

Web project error when trying to open a .net project
I am very new to this & drowning. I created a very simple web project with the ext of .vbproj. If I double clik on it I go into visual studio with no problem BUT if I try and open another project also with .vbproj extension I get the message that it's a web project & that I need to open using it's URL path. File, open project gives me the same message & if I try File, open web project - even tho it's looking for files of type *.vbproj - it does not see the file. How do I open it & how was it created?...

Migration window opens every time you open the application
Hi, I am working an application written in 6.5 version that was successfully migrated to Powerbuibder 7.0.2 build 8024. I have delpoyed this migrated release of the applictaion to our users and there are no problems reported so far. The problem is when I open the application to work on enhancements , it opens up the migration window. Initially i thought i was opening up the wrong version, but that's not the case. I open up the production version , I still get this problem. Has any one come across this kind of behaviour? If so how did you fix the problem. It gets frus...

Web resources about - Problems with SourceSafe binding - have to rebind every time I open project - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Microsoft Products & Services - LinkedIn
View products made by Microsoft and product recommendations from people in and out of your professional network.

Twitter

Microsoft Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 (15.0.4420.1017) / October 2, 2012 ; 9 months ago ( 2012-10-02 ) Microsoft Access , also known as Microsoft Office Access , is a database ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Andy Kant's Resume - andykant.com
Expert in architecting cutting edge user interfaces and experiences for web applications. I specialize in advanced JavaScript/HTML5 implementations. ...

Web Analyst/Developer
Web Analyst/Developer job in Sacramento, California, US. Read the Web Analyst/Developer job description and find other Visionary Integration ...

Black Marble
Black Marble Software Consultancy and Development West Yorkshire. Covering the UK and Ireland.

Jenkins CI: Source Code Control - CloudBees
Start a Build Whenever a Commit is Made Jenkins allows you to trigger a new build based on SCM changes. This can be done either as a polling, ...

Defending Perpetual Intermediacy
... myself an expert driver. I brush my teeth at least twice every day, and I'm no expert on oral care; just ask my dentist. I use Visual SourceSafe ...

Delicious
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.