Open project Vs Open project from web

what is the difference when opening ASP .net application in VS .net

Thanks in advance

feed the creative machine
0
mp417

I usually have to use Open Project from Web when I'm adding an existing web project to a different solution.  I usually use Open project to directly open either the solution or the project.
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
5/10/2004 1:08:26 PM
Open Project: we browse to the Physical path of the solution (it search the virtual path in the end)

Open project from web: we give the virtual path of the project
And for adding project to exisiting one you also have the add project menu.
feed the creative machine
0
mp417

Can't open my VS2003 project: The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.
Hello. I am using visual studio 2003. I am trying to open a visual studio 2003 project that was written a few years ago using visual studio 2003. Currently the project resides in the virtual directory named Inetpub\wwwroot.  My problem is that I am not able to open the project. When I do try and open the project, I get the following error message:  The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.  I don't know what is going on here? Someone please help me out. Note that I have tried two different ways to open th...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

Web project error when trying to open a .net project
I am very new to this & drowning. I created a very simple web project with the ext of .vbproj. If I double clik on it I go into visual studio with no problem BUT if I try and open another project also with .vbproj extension I get the message that it's a web project & that I need to open using it's URL path. File, open project gives me the same message & if I try File, open web project - even tho it's looking for files of type *.vbproj - it does not see the file. How do I open it & how was it created?...

VS.NET Open project from the web
Hi All, I have a webapplication running a server. I would like to develop the webapplication from another machine. How is this achieved? How does "Open project from the web" work? What do i need to do to set up my webapplication to do this? Do i have to be on the same network? Do both computer need to be part of a Domain? This goes back to another question i have regarding HOW a team of people work on the same webapplication?? What is the general procedure for doing this?? Thanks, rw As to how a team works on a web application, see this guide: Team Developm...

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

VS.NET + unable to open web project
Hello I am not sure what I have done wrong.  I have installed DotNetNuke under C:\TestSite. I have successfully accessed it via “Start-Run- http://localhost/TestSite” for some time creating and uploading skins.  So I presumed that all was well.   I am now tring to create and build my first module using DNNJungle’s HelloWorld Module Tutorial  I have downloaded: CodeSmith Templates for DotNetNuke v3  which so far I have been unable to access And downloaded and run  VS.NET Project Templates for DotNetNuke 3 From DNNJungle And download...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Problem in opening WEB Solution
 Hi, I am trying to open web solution created by someone else. I have created appropriate Virtual Directory for it. But problem is that I am not able to open it in VS 2003. I am getting following erron in dialog box: Dialog box title = Web Access Failed The default Web access mode for this project is setto file share, but the project folder at 'http://localhost/DataPagerDemo' cannot be opened with the path 'd:/indetpub/wwwroot/DataPagerDemo'. The error returned was Unable to open Web project 'DataPagerDemo'. The Web 'DataPagerDemo' located on server 'http://localhost' does not exi...

VS.NET extremely slow (or fails) when opening a web project.
I recently rebuilt my machine to remedy a severe problem when working on a simple ASP.NET web application: Whenever I opened the project in VS.NET, it would bring up a dialog saying it was connecting to the website on localhost, but stay there for 5-15 minutes. After that, it would either load the project, or fail completely. I was using VS.NET 2002, WinXP, Dell Inspiron 8000, 512 MB RAM, 20 Gig HD with ample space. I have not seen it since I've formatted my drive and reinstalled everything, but I also have not done much development since. A friend of mine is now encountering the ...

Problem in opening / creating new web project in vs.net 2003
Hi all,I have been having this problem for 3 days. What's happening is, I will always get " Unable to open Web project '<project_name>'. The Web '<project_name>' located on server 'http://Localhost:' does not exist. " when I try to open existing web project.And when I create new web project, I will always get "Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication2'. The file path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\InetPub\wwwroot\WebApplication2' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/WebApplication2'. The tw...

Not able to open a VS 2005 project. Why?? In VS 2003 I would just open the .csproj file, but not in VS 2005 ?
  Hello. I have been working mostly with Visual Studio 2003. Today I am trying to work with a C#/asp.net project written in VS 2005. The problem is that I don't know how to opent the project. In VS 2003 I would usually just open the .csproj file and the whole project would open. Now with VS 2005, I don't see any such file. Does anyone knwo what the problem is here? Please help. VS2005 does not have project files for web sites. instead it just uses the folder contents to discover the contents of the project. hence, to open a web site u need to goto File - > open -> web site...

Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?
I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005. Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work o...

VS.NET error
I did something wrong... Background: I created a web service and it is located on my dev machine. It is working because I have another application on a different machine that is sending xml data to it & it's still processing the data. When I load the web service in VS.NET (2003) I get "Unable to open Web project 'mywebproject'. Could not find a web server at 'mywebserver'...." I click OK and then I right click 'mywsproject', select reload and there it is. This was working just fine so I'm thinking I accidentally removed something... Sorry. Found my answer. T...

Web resources about - Open project Vs Open project from web - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Carrie Bickmore left mortified after 'Big Breast League' gaffe on The Project
First it was Emma Alberici. Now Carrie Bickmore has also fallen victim to an embarrassing on-air gaffe. The Project host jumbles her words on ...

The Project’s Carrie Bickmore in ‘Big breast’, Big Bash League gaffe
THE Project’s co-host Carrie Bickmore isn’t a stranger to live on-air gaffes, but her latest one had viewers in stitches.

Carrie Bickmore left mortified after 'Big Breast League' gaffe on The Project
First it was Emma Alberici. Now Carrie Bickmore has also fallen victim to an embarrassing on-air gaffe. The Project host jumbles her words on ...

Should Calgary's new arena and stadium project go to a plebiscite?
When it comes to a new sports complex, and whether it’s in ‘the public benefit’, the question could be put to a plebiscite. But Mayor Naheed ...

Google expands ‘Project Sunroof’ to more homeowners
Google is expanding the reach of an online service that aims to make it easier to judge the costs and benefits of installing solar panels on ...

Sekai Project Puts Atom Grrrl!! Yuri Game on Steam Greenlight
Cosmillica develops sequel of visual novel released in English in 2016

The first Jaguar Project 7 is the new kid in Harry's Garage
Filed under: Videos , Jaguar , Convertible , Performance Harry Metcalfe explains why his Jaguar Project 7 is a very special roadster in the latest ...