limited accounts - vs .net 2003 - Unable to start debugging on the web server

I posted the following on the vsnet.debugging newsgroup five days ago, and haven't heard anything.  Does anybody here know the answer?

I am a VS .NET, C#, and ASP.NET newbie working my way through "Microsoft ASP.NET Programming with Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by Step". I installed VS .NET evaluation product as Administrator, and am trying to use it on my Limited account.
I am trying to load the Chapter 1 example and run it with debugging (F5). I ran into a series of problems. I was able to solve some -- needed to add my account to the VS Developers and Debugging groups, add Full Control to the VS Developers group for the C:\Microsoft Press tree, needed to run the vs command shell script to reinstall .NET 1.1 (or something), etc. -- but can't get around this one:
Microsoft Development Environment
Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied.
Click Help for more information.
I've clicked on Help and tried to follow the suggestions as best I can, but that didn't do it. So, I found this newsgroup, searched on the error string, tried some of those suggestions, but no luck either. Finally, I logged on as Administrator and everything worked. When I change my user account to Administrator type, it also works.
For security reasons, I prefer to set my normal user account to Limited and use the Administrator account for, well, administrative purposes. It is inconvenient to create a separate user account with Administrative priviledges just for VS .NET development because I want to get to all my normal user account stuff.
Is it possible to run VS .NET full-featured in a Limited account, or am I just trying to do the impossible? If it is possible, what steps do I need to take?
TIA,
David
0
dpchrist

Try adding your limited user account to the the "Debugger Users" group. You may also have to add the account to the "Vs Developers" group to get web projects to work correctly.
Bill Hiebert

Visual Studio Web Tools
0
billhie

Is my web server 32bit .net or 64bit .net?
If I want to call some .net library to find out what version of .net I'm running, any suggestions on which call to make?Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Hi, Would this work for you: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ProgrammaticallyDetermineWhatVersionOfASPNETYoureRunning.aspxDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. this post does not tell me 32 or 64.Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET I don't know of any assembly that will tell you that....

Access denied with non-admin Active Directory account in Windows Server 2003 SP2 accessing .NET 3.5 & AjaxControlToolkit web app
Hi all, This is a little complex problem so please bare with me and please see the attached diagram.Situation: a)Our corporation have 2 networks: 1 with Active Directory and 1 with Private Area Network (PAN).b) I deployed my application to the Application Server running Windows XP Pro SP2, located in PAN. c) In my application, I need to access physical folders and MSMQ service on the File Server (connected both to LAN and PAN with 2 NICs). running Windows Server 2003 SP1 I have shared these folders for everyone in Active Directory and allow everyone to have access to MSMQ on FileServer ...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

diff between win 2003 server and win 2003 .net server
whats the difference between them ?***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** one has .net stuck at the end of it.... i don't know.... aren't they the same thing? Its a marketing thing - depends on what Subsection you are in :PGet ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...Please disregard the contents of this post. i went to a local .net users group meeting and grabbed the stuff that they had...so got a developers kit of windows .net ...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Starting Debug using Visual Studio NET 2003
On Trying to Debug an application, by the F5 key I get the error: "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Catastrophic failure" I have checked that the web.config has debug=true In IIS the App has the AppName created When I created the application I created it as http://192.168.0.11/WebApplication1 Have added 192.168.0.11 to the Intranet Site on IE Browser settings. I have checked in IIS the Authentication is set t Anonymous and Windows Authentication. I am a member of the Adminstrator group and Debug Users. I am run...

Server 2003 Web Edition and .NET 2.0?
I am planning the hardware and OS purchases for a .NET 2.0 app that is in development and noticed that MS's website says that Sever 2003 Web Edition SP1 does NOT support .NET 2.0 (see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/features/comparefeatures.mspx). Is this really true?  If so, do I need 2003 Standard to serve 2.0 apps?  Or maybe there is a SP2 version of Web Edition that just isn't listed on the MS site?   I maybe true. The chart deffinately says that it is so. We use standard and enterprise editions and have not had any problems. Have a great day.Late...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Which aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended on a Win 2003 server x64 with .NET 64-bit and .NET 32-bit Framework?
Hi everybody,I installed on an Win 2003 server x64 .NET 64-bit framework (beta 2.0.50215). After that I installed VS2005 beta 2 (2.0.50215) and SQL2005 (VS 2005 Beta Experience Kit). No problem are visible.Two .NET frameworks are installed, ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v20.0.50215 and ...\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v20.0.50215.What aspnet_regsql wizard is recommended to use to configure a SQL Server database that stores information for ASP.NET applications services?ThanksBI-needs-ITBusiness Intelligence Consultant Both should work fine.HTH,Manu Hi Manu,yes, it looks like. Is it may...

Web resources about - limited accounts - vs .net 2003 - Unable to start debugging on the web server - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 7.1.1 w/ fixes for critical Interface builder, debugging, and UI testing issues
... of the app, making for an improved developer experience. Apple also says the update fixes “critical issues” in the Interface Builder, debugging, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...