How to add event methods in C# for server side controls using VS.net environment?

I'm trying to add an event method(code behind) for Repeater control using Visual Studio.NET 2003. But I can't figure out how to do that....

How can I do that?
Thanks in advance
0
Plato2

In web page's designer surface, select the Repeater control, in properties window click toolbar button of "Events", and you will get a table grid with all events supported by the control. Just click the empty cell beside to create the event handler in code behind file

Hope this helps.
Yugang
0
yugangw

How to use VS.Net to add an "event method" to control in C#?
For example if I have a button - Button1 I can add an event method: Sub Button1_click(ByVal obj, as Object,ByVal e as EventArgs) handles Button1.Click End sub In VB I can add this code by help of VS.Net. I can select button on the left combo box and then select an event method. How can I do the same thing in C#? Thanks in advance! Double clicking the control in C# will automatically wire up the controls 'default' event and put you in the code behind window. To add a non default event go to the controls property window and clicl on the lightning bolt. All of the cont...

Bind control event using C# vs VB.NET
 Hi,I am C# programmer, but recently I had to code using VB.NET. I noticed that in VB.NET there are two ways to generate control event handler stub.1. If you click on control then go to properties -> event tab -> double click on needed event2. If you selected control in code navigation bar and then pick needed event.Second way is fast and really convinient. First way is so slow and sometimes needed control can't be selected (for example if it is in UpdatePanel).So, usually I just type event manually. Now, I am wondering if C# has similar functionality to method 2, but I a...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

Using Dot Net Nuke to maintain a site developed in VS.NET using C#
Hi,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a site using C# and Visual Studio.NET 2003, but then use Dot Net Nuke to allow non-technical users to add content to the site.  The current state of the site must be accessible in both VS.NET and DNN regardless of which application saved it last.  Also preferably I would like the language used to remain C# even when edited by the marketing staff, so that I can still maintain it myself using VS.NET.  Hope you understand what I mean. If this is not possible, I wonder if anyone knows what solution I am after.   Thanks in adv...

Server Side Includes (SSI) using VS.NET 2005 Built-In Development Web Server
Background Information:  I am developing an ASP.NET application using VS.NET 2005 and the built in development web server without having IIS installed on my development machine.  I cannot install IIS on my development machine due to company policy.  For the production environment, the application will be running in Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0.  There are a set of components that my company uses that I must use within the application.  The components, when installed on the server, exist under IIS at the same level/directory (<MachineName>\Web Sites\Def...

How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net
 Hi Pls thrown light  any one on How to Add Applications to ADAM using vb.net or C#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna...

DataGrid etc does not display when using VS.NET server controls
This thing is driving me nuts! I know you should be able to do it with code but I want to be able to drag a dataadapter onto a page, set up the dataset from that and bind it to a datagrid without writing a line of code. Everytime I do it whether I am using a remote SQL Server or a local MSDE for the datasouce all I get is a blank page. The source contains the form and the __VIEWSTATE and that is it. If I add in the pageload codebehind datagrid1.databind() then I get the column headings and that is all. Any ideas? Regards, DaveB You always have to call DataBind, that's for sure....

IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ?
Trying to program in asp.net 1.1 via visual studio and running IIS 5.1. After getting asp.net to work, i am getting the dreaded '...Internal Server Error 500..." if I try to start a new Solution in VS.Net 2003. However, VS.Net will allow me to start a web application with no problems. Truth is stranger than fiction, but nothing is stranger than visual studio.... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

How add event methods for each toolBar button by help of VS.net?
I added a toolBar to my winform. Then I added button to this tool bar. How can I use VS.net to generate event methods for each button. Like: private void toolBarButton1_Click(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e) I dont want to type it "manually". How to use VS.net to do this for me? Thanks in advance! Just double click on your toolbar and it will create the event for you. As for each button on a toolbar there is no such thing as an event for each one. Read the documentation on the toolbar it shows you how to use the Switch statement t...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...