how come vs.net doesnt import my controls when i open the code behind?

hi all,

when i write the markup for some webcontrols i'm going to use in a webform, how come vs.net doesn't automatically list these elements in the code behind, when i open it up?
i don't think i should have to write the declarations myself! is there a way to configure this?
0
kies

VS will sync the declarations if you switch to design view after adding them in HTML view.
Tim McBride

timmcb
1/15/2004 12:48:02 AM
Is there any better answer??  This same exact problem has been driving me absolutely nuts. I am still very new to .NET.  I swear that in my first few applications, the controls were automatically created in the code behind file without having to do anything special.

having some light shed on this issue would be very helpful.
0
phatty7
1/15/2004 3:49:50 AM
The control declarations are automatically added to the codebehind if you add them in Design view.  If you add the controls in HTML view they will not be automatically placed in the code behind until you switch to design view.

Tim McBride

timmcb

opening .net petshop source code in VS.net
Hi, I am trying to open .net petshop source code. I tried to open petshop.sln present at the following path C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\petshop\src\Web but it says "unable to get the project file from the webserver" I tried opening the web.csproj file present at the same location and it gives me the following error "Unable to open web project 'petshop'. The file path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\petshop\src\Web' does not correspond to the url 'http://LocalHost:/PetShop'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found" HOw c...

Code behind vrs. non code behind in VS.NET 2003
Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are for using code behind vrs. non code behind in Visual Studio.Net 2003? One important difference is that you are able to separate the design of a web site from the code. This makes for ease of maintainablity and much more structured applications. If you ever worked with classic ASP the code-behind is a great invention. sivilianMy Weblogs...

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

In Vs.Net 2005, grid does not come up in designer like in VS.net 2003
Hi, I am using VS.Net 2005. Previously I used VS.Net 2003. In 2003, whenever i add a new file it used to display the page in grids that helps me moving the controls and aligning it. But in 2005, i could not come up with an option that can show the grid with dots in the designer. Am i missing any setting here?   Regards, Jagadeesh   Turn on first checkbox for Absolute Positioning on the options page Tools | Options, HTML Designer, CSS Positioning.  From that point on controls dragged to the page will be absolutely positioned.-DanThis posting is provided "AS I...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Code Behind in VS.NET?
I have heard from a few people here that VS.NET supports Code Behind, but I guess Im having a tough time finding that. I started out learning ASP.net in Web Matrix, and a book that walked me through the basics. The book was written however, for the previous version of WebMatrix which had several really nice capabilities, that were taken out in the updated version. Because of this, I decided to install VS.net. For some reason, ever since I installed VS.net, Web Matrix doesnt work exactly right any more. After reading around on some forums I have gathered that the two are incompatible to...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Setting width for .net controls in code(.aspx) page using function call in code behind..
Hi,  Currently I am trying to set the width of the asp.net Table as follows. <asp:Table width="<%=GetWidth()%>" >   and code behind protected Unit GetWidth() { return Unit.Percentage(50); }     It's not working. I know that it works if I set the width complete on some page event(like page_load) of code behind....   Is there a way to maintain the same syntax like calling code behind function in design page...i.e. calling function of .aspx.cs in .aspx page and assign the width as shown above.   Thanks and regards, Giridhar...

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

Importing Notepad Code to VS.NET
I have developed a web application using text editor. The application is made of 3 tiers - DAL, BL and Presentation Tier In the meantime I have acquired VS.NET. I would like to import the code of my application to VS.NET project. There was no problem importing DAL and BL tiers. However the web project gives me a lot of trouble. After I add aspx and ascx pages VS ask to create codebehind pages and that is fine coz I need designer created region. Thereafter I cut and paste my code to codebehind pages and build the solution without errors. However when i browse the pages none ...

Web resources about - how come vs.net doesnt import my controls when i open the code behind? - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: The Oscar stuff is ‘completely beyond my control at this point’
... last night’s London premiere of The Revenant . Leo is looking pretty good these days. He’s de-bloated, his facial hair is very much under control, ...

Guns Control: A Complicated Love Story
Guns! 'Merica! That second amendment gives people lots of permission to go shoot 'em up! Right? Susie thinks it's all great but for some people ...