How can ensure that Visual 2003 is upgraded to or start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0??

 I have visual studio 2003. But would like to upgrade to or it to start picking Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0. Mean the classed that  with  Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0?

How can I do it? Please help

0
Mobzam

From your description, I think that you want to upgrade your ASP.NET 1.x web application to ASP.NET 2.0 version, right?

If so, you can try to open this web application from Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 and then VS will prompt up wizard to implement migration.

After completing upgrading, please build it and fix the build error if it has.

For more information, see the following links:

 http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
3/11/2009 9:31:15 AM

 Hello Thomas,
I want  my Visual Studio 2003 to be working with  Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0?. In other words when application was developed on Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 it should work  on visual studio 2003

0
Mobzam

Thanks for your response.

ASP.NET 1.x application cannot work on .Net Framework 2.0 or 3.0 directly, vice versa.

Visual Studio 2003 only uses .Net Framework 1.0 as target framework and Visual Studio 2005 uses .Net Framework 2.0 as target.

To use .Net Framework 2.0, we need to upgrade your ASP.NET 1.x application.

Thanks.