asp.net 1.1 project won't update dll's

 I have a solution containing multiple projects.  I added a refence to each object in the main project but the bin folder never updates with the new dll's. I can see the new dll's in the debug/obj path and the properties for the references are set correctly including copy local = true. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0
paullySC

The other projects are probably not being built when the first one is.  Try this, highlight your solution, click Build (main menu bar)>Configuration Manager.  When you build one you want to build another right?  If so, check the boxes.

Then check the project dependancies.  Click Project>Project Dependancies and double check they are set right.  You can also click on the Build Order sheet to see if it builds them correctly.  If all else fails, move the dlls to another folder, and click Rebuild, this should recreate them for you.

View Brenden Kehren's profile on LinkedIn
Remember to mark as answer if this post answered your question.
0
b471code3
4/28/2009 7:38:25 PM

 Thanks for the reply. All of things you suggested are configured correctly. It rebuilds the dlls and they are refreshed in the obj/debug folder. The problem is they are never copied to any of the bin folders. This seems kind of weird.

0
paullySC

Firstly, please make sure that the project is built and the dependence relationship is right.

Did we get any warning in Visual Studio Output window? Please make sure the old dll is not using.

You also can use post-build event to copy the dll (http://geekswithblogs.net/dchestnutt/archive/2006/05/30/80113.aspx).

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

Can dll's compiled on a .Net machine be compiled in such a way that they will still run on a .Net 1.1 machine?
I know that this is probably an annoying question but I don't want to upgrade my system and not be able to get dll's that I create with .NET 2.0 to work with one of my service providers because they are still running .NET 1.1, but here goes:  if I install .NET 2.0 is there some sort of switch command that I can run when compiling dll's using vbc or cbc that will make sure the created dll will work on a system running .NET 1.1?Sorry for asking a question that I am sure you have been asked 100 times, but I just need to be sure that I can upgrade to .Net 2 without any problems. Thanks...

ISAPI 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v.1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll' reported itself as unhealthy for the following reason: 'Deadlock detected'.
In our web application we are calling different XML Webservices and make approximately 25 calls every 10 minutes. We use a separate thread to call a the webservice (Crawler) and populate our cache -- our application then retrieves the data from the Cache -- the cache is set to expire in approximately 25 minutes -- but since the Crawler populates the cache every 10 minutes with the new data -- thus it never expires. In above scenario -- our webserver seems to stop responding after some hours and we noticed that somehow requests to Webservices were ...

Directory.Delete(path, true); doesn't work (.net 1.1) and admin can't delete
Hello all.  I have a web application that creates a user temp directory, copies files into that directory, manipulates those files, sends files to the user, and then calls Directory.Delete(path, true); to delete the temp directory and all of its contents.  The problem is that this doesn't work and the directory is still there after the method call and code execution is complete.  I also can't delete the directory manually even when logged in as an Administrator.  It says 'Cannot delete <path>: Access is denied.'.  I was under the impression that specifying 'tru...

10.1.1 won't baseline so I can't upgrade to 10.1.2
I have assigned 10.1.1 to all of the devices in the zone and ignored the remaining devices in the pending column, but 10.1.1 says "In Process" and will not Baseline. Can anyone help or has anyone experienced this? I can't upgrade to 10.1.2 until this happens. Thanks, Adam -- avedra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ avedra;1704604 Wrote: > I have assigned 10.1.1 to all of the devices in the zone and ignored the > remaining devices in the pending column, but 10.1.1 says "In Process" > and will ...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS
 Hi all,I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine...

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

'Page_Validators' is undefined
I have a C# site with a page which uses a DataGrid for viewing and modifying the database. There is an Insert button and a few fields in the Footer section of the grid used to add data. Two of the fields, both DropDownLists web controls, require a value before the Insert should occur so I added a RequiredFieldValidator to them. The Insert works correctly but the Edit features are generating an error: 'Page_Validators' is undefined. This occurs when I attempt to Delete a record or when I click Edit and then attempt the Update link. I noticed that if I select values for the DDL's...

System.Net missing in Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio
Hi there, my code is using System.Net . as i know i have to add a reference in visual studio .net 2003 to add the system.net.dll file but i cant find it anywhere. i'm talking about framework 1.1 not about 2.0. i already installed dotnetfx for 1.1 and also the .net framework sdk version 1.1 but still cant find the dll. if i have to install some other framework stuff, sdk.... whatever all these are for please post a direct link to the file. Please help. thanks, tob There is no dll with the name system.net.dll you need the reference of system.dll only for System.Net name spaceRegards,Kris...

I'm using firefox 3.1 beta and Microsoft .NET Framwork Assistant 1.0 isn't compatible with it.
Name: Michael Ternullo Email: ternullomichaelatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm using firefox 3.1 beta and Microsoft .NET Framwork Assistant 1.0 isn't compatible with it. Comments: adobe flash player isn't compatable with mozilla 3.1 beta Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

'New Mail' icon weirdness with PW's SM 1.1.1
I just noticed something, that appears strange to me and doesn't match my recollection. With M/N window closed, SM shows the 'New Mail' icon as expected, when new POP3 mail is downloaded. When I now open the M/N window to check for that mail, the icon resets itself and in the M/N window the according mail server indicator also is missing. Hence one has to crawl through each mail server account, in order to find the new message. Do others experience the same? Wolfi -- SeaMonkey 1.1.1 (de-AT: rv:1.8.1.3pre Gecko/20070307 Wolfi wrote: > I just noti...

Firefox 3.1 beta 1: 'net tab' location
Name: chikilicuatre Product: Shiretoko Summary: Firefox 3.1 beta 1: 'net tab' location Comments: Hi, thanks for the excellent browser! Im testing 3.1 b1 and would like to let you know that i dont like the location of the 'new tab' icon. In previous releases i could move it around and place it wherever i wanted, which i think is far better. Just my 2 cents. Thankyou again for your hard work! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; es-ES; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix g...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

Web resources about - asp.net 1.1 project won't update dll's - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003