Accessing SQL in IDE

Greetings,
I really like the SQL IDE in VS.NET. However, the one flaw I find is that everytime I open a table or run a stored procedure I get prompted for user name and password. Is there a setting to disable the 'Always prompt for login name and password ' type security??
Thanks,
DS
0
teamego

Access SQL functions through .net??
I usually access stored procedures using SQL data source. But now  I need a string returned from the database. If I write a function in SQL how do I access it from an aspx.vb file? Put it in a proc and run an EXEC query, same way as any other procedure.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. If the SQL function returns a string, why not use SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar method: using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionString...

sql server 2005 .net access
Ive built a website with vs2008  and .net 3.5 framework.  I now need to deploy it to a shared hosting environment.  My hosting company has given me a fixed general login mapped to the public server role.  Do i need to give this role access to all my table and sp's  and as im using roles and membership, do I also need to give the public role access to the associated membership tables and sp's ?   I would normally create a specific role for this, but as its a shared hosting environmone im not allowed.  Whats the best way to proceed ?   If yo...

accessing SQL Server cursor in .NET
My organization is in the middle of an upgrade from Oracle to MSSQL Server. All our web applications handle ref cursors in Oracle and will be translated to a similar architecture in MSSQL as well. I am in the middle of prototyping an application to connect to a simple stored proc that outputs a datagrid populated with cursor. I need help binding to the variable. I am not sure what is the equivalent of OracleType.Cursor in SqlDbType or Dbtype. Any help is appreciated.Thanks. I could be wrong but in SQL Server you are looking for the datatype and size of the stored proc parame...

Migrating from vb6 to .net AND access to sql
Hello, I have a project that started really small and has grown. It currently uses vb6 and also an Access database (using DAO recordsets). We have decided to upgrade to SQL and we're also thinking about converting over to .net. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both of these switches. My question is whether or not you would recommend making both switches at once or to do them separately (probably switching to sql and then to .net), and also reasons for why. Thanks, Jeff...

Fastest SQL access time in .net
need advice on the following I have 2 tables table 1 - remote, cant use an SP table 2 - local, can use a SP I do a select on Table1 and it returns the results, I want to insert all these results into table 2 The problem is that the first table is really slow to access, I have a string of booking Id's i need to pass it and it keeps timing out on a simple select...its the DB! its on rubbish HW and is badly designed but I cant do anything about that so I have to use the most efficent method of getting the data out, or simply copying the required records between the 2 tab...

How do I access a SQL view in VB.Net?
I'm able to access my stored procedures just fine, but I can't query/show a view that I'd built in SQL Server. Any suggestions on how would be welcome. Sample Stored Procedure reference, and I just want to reference a view now: ' Connect to the Database Dim MyConn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("myConnectionString")) ' Establish the set of data commands and a database connection that are used to fill the dataset Dim MyCommand As New SqlCommand("vw_Mast_PW_Accounts", MyConn) MyCommand.CommandType = CommandType...

SQL Server remote access at webmatrixhosting.net
I am having trouble access SQL Server remote at webmatrixhosting.net using Enterprise My Server: db1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net,**** Advices / steps by steps / are appreciated. Hi, have removed the port number for security reasons. Important is, that it is not the standard sql server port. For those who can help. TomGerman DNN Site My portal enhancements When you register the new server in Enterprise Manager be certain to put the port number in as well (europe.webmatrixhosting.net,14**). You should have gotten this information when you activated your account. It maybe alr...

How to access data through SQL Server in VB.NET?
Here's my code, it's very simple but never worked for my set up connection part. It always tells me that: BC30636: '>' expected(Compiler error message). You can try it on your own local host using northwind database 'categories' table. It's very simple, but just don't work for me. I'm desperate here. So anyone can help? Thanks. lz74d <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <HTML> <BODY> <script language="vb" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(Sender as Obj...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

How to access SQL server when using visual studio.NEt
I use web matrix to create .NEt data base application. I am able to create tables and database on sql server using web matrix. However is there any way to do the same on visual studio .net Shaun You should be able to do this to SQL Server instances that you register with the Server Explorer tab in VS.Net...

cannot access sql databases through iis using .net 1.1
Created a project using web matrix, when I run the application using web matrix server it works fine and my sql database get accessed and web pages are update with info from the sql database. Then I try running application using iis and the first web page displays correctly but when it tries to access the database to refresh the page with data from sql database it fails. Iget Login failed for user 'AMD2200\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and wh...

Random delay when accessing SQL from VS.NET 2005 B2
Hi all, I'm using VS.NET 2005 Beta 1 on W2K3 fully patched, accessing a database on a remote server, also W2K3, with SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 installed. When I run my C# web application, which does a search on some catalogs I created using FTS (containing about 3.4 million records), sometimes a delay is produced. The query is not directly executed, but after about 10 seconds. Nothing happens on the SQL box during that delay. VS.NET seems to be waiting for something also, as it is waiting. The delay is also random - sometimes the first time, but other times later on. I've tried de-ins...

SQL Anywhere .NET Data Provider requires access permissions?
I've installed SQL Anywhere in a custom directory and added iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll there. The .NET program seems to start up and continue to run fine, but an annoying error pops up: "SQL Anywhere ADO.NET Data Provider requires access permissions of one of the following directories: 1. System temporary directory (c:\windows\temp) 2. Current working directory (c:\windows\system32) 3. SQL Anywhere ADO.NET Data Provider assembly directory (directory where my app and the iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll are installed)" I'm running the program as a service unde...

Web resources about - Accessing SQL in IDE - asp.net.vs2002-vs2003

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...