Web Deployment Project 2008 doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 SDK

Why ???

After removing Visual Studio 2008 SDK all works egain as expected

How can I make them work together on the same machine ???

0
yuval1
6/5/2008 8:41:07 AM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean it doesn't work? Did you get any error message?

I test it on my machine, and it works fine with Visual Studio 2008 SDK. I download Visual Studio 2008 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=30402623-93ca-479a-867c-04dc45164f5b&displaylang=en

I download Visual Studio® 2008 Web Deployment Projects - RTW from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en

Before you install  Web Deployment Projects, please uninstall any pre-release versions of Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects (WDP).

If this doesn’t help you, please feel free to let me know and clarify in more detail.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
6/9/2008 3:43:36 AM

I did the same thing regarding installation

but WDP build falls with no errors !!

0
yuval1

Thanks for your response.

Could you please post the output of build in the Output window here?

If we create a simple test project and add Web Deployment project, does it have the same issue? We need to narrow down the cause of this issue.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
6/10/2008 7:34:40 AM

In order to reproduce the error I should insall the SDK egain..

see this post

http://forums.asp.net/p/1247515/2338380.aspx

for more output information

0
yuval1

I cannot repro it on my machine.

Since there are a couple of customers who have the same issue. You can post it to our Connect feedback portal. Our developer will evaluate them seriously. http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/

If you post the issue on Connect feedback portal, I hope you post the feedback link here. This can help another people which has the same issue.

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
6/10/2008 9:39:51 AM

I'v posted the bug Microsoft  as you suggested hope for correction in next sp or

whatever

Thank anyway :

                         Yuval1

0
yuval1

I post the FeedBack Link (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=350215&wa=wsignin1.0) here.

This can help another people which has the same issue.

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects
Hello, We are planning to use Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects for installation of our 2008 web application. Can someone share their experience about using this. Is it a free tool or we have to buy it? Thanks This is a free tool and you can download from the following location, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en Please make a not of the following point given the the same article in the link above "Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects has all the functionalities that Visual Studio 2005 W...

When will Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects available?
Hi, As we all know that the Web Deployment Projects will not be included in VS.NET 2k8, so when will such a add-in available for VS.NET 2k5? According to Scott Guthrie's blog, Web Deployment Projects will be shipping soon ... hopefully in the next few days. Good luck, pk infact he said late this week. ------------------------------------------- http://undocnet.blogspot.com...

Include Web Deployment Projects as part of Visual Studio 2008
I think Web Deployment Projects are important enough to include them with the release of Visual Studio 2008 instead of being an Add-On. Who agrees?  I agree And so do I.I also hope they re-introduce the XML documentation option for web sites.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. Hi, FYI you can vote for this feature: "Include Web Deployment Projects in release of Visual Studio 2008"http://connect.micros...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Web Deployment Project download link doesn't work
I try to download the Web Deployment Project from the Downloads section and get a "The system cannot find the file specified." message. Does anyone know of where else to download the Web Deployment Project? Thanks. Some redirection munged the URL. I got this work.  http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx Thanks so much cuberider, regards....

RTW version of Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects Released!
We recently announced the "Release To Web" version of VS 2008 Web Deployment Projects.  For details and the download location, see here:http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/01/25/announcing-rtw-of-visual-studio-2008-web-deployment-projects-wdp.aspx A BIG thanks to everyone who participated in the December CTP release, and please be sure to uninstall any previous versions of WDP 2008 before you try the RTW install.  You can still keep WDP 2005 on your machines. -AlisonThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Error when Deploying and Signing Web Application project with Web Deployment project
I have a Web Application project that needs to be deployed and signed using Web Deployment projects. When I delete the global.ascx file I'm able to do the deployment and sign the output assembly. The error I'm getting without signing the assemblies is "An error occurred when merging assemblies: ILMerge.Merge: The target assembly 'HelloWorld' lists itself as an external reference.” .  Global.ascx or .asax? The usual cause of a signing error is when a reference is not signed.  Is the global.asax.cs or .vb marked as conte...

Web Deployment Project deploying files not included by Web Application Project
Recently my boss asked me to find a way to share a web site project between 2 separate projects which will only share a subset of the files in the folder.  I created 2 web applications projects in the folder and eliminated the web site project.  I discovered when I publish the web application projects, that it wasn't compiling the .as*x pages, so I looked into web deployment projects.  The problem I'm having with web deployment projects is that when I build them from the solution configuration, it copies all the files in the web project to the deployment folder and I c...

Web Deployment Project in VS 2008?
I really like the ability to merge my assemblies.  The hope was there that VS 2008 would make this an option when publishing a website.  To my surprise it is not there and will it work in VS 2008?   I would really like to add a Web Deployment Project as done in VS 2005. Any thoughts?"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Web deployment project is available for VS 2008 . Please find the link http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/01/25/announcing-rtw-of-visual-studio-2008-web-deployment-projects-wdp.aspx http://www.microsoft.com/download...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Which is best web application projects or Web site projects in VS 2008
Hi, Using VS.NET 2008 We are developing a web based product (inventory, accounts,etc). This product has DA, BO layers. We are currently using web site project model. We are using webdelopyemnt project for deploying at client place.I want to know that, which model Web site model or web applicaton model is a best model for applications?I read most of the blogs and also articles for knowing difference between these two models.  But I am not coming under conclusion.Let me know your views and alos best answers Regards S. Muhilan   As you probably know, the difference between...

Web resources about - Web Deployment Project 2008 doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 SDK - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects