using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition

can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition?

Regards,
God Bless India

NEVER FORGET TO MARK THIS AS ANSWER IF HELPFUL, THUS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO.
0
junaidsherief
10/21/2008 5:31:03 AM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

junaidsherief:

can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition?

Web Deployment Projects are not supported in Visual Web Developer Express Edition. To use it, we need to have Standard Edition, Professional Edition, etc.

Thanks.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

Problem: Web Deployment Projects and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I can't get Web Deployment Projects to work in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. I've tried to reinstall/repair both WDP and VWD, but I still not get Add Web Deployment Project command in the Build menu. What I'm doing wrong? Or is this a bug? Please help me... Web Deployment projects are only supported in VS Standard and above. The reason is that Express editions do not have extensibility mechanisms that full version of VS has.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Deploying a web site from Visual Web developer 2005 Express edition
Does anyone know how to deploy a web site from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express edition?...

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Web Deployment Project deploying files not included by Web Application Project
Recently my boss asked me to find a way to share a web site project between 2 separate projects which will only share a subset of the files in the folder.  I created 2 web applications projects in the folder and eliminated the web site project.  I discovered when I publish the web application projects, that it wasn't compiling the .as*x pages, so I looked into web deployment projects.  The problem I'm having with web deployment projects is that when I build them from the solution configuration, it copies all the files in the web project to the deployment folder and I c...

Error when Deploying and Signing Web Application project with Web Deployment project
I have a Web Application project that needs to be deployed and signed using Web Deployment projects. When I delete the global.ascx file I'm able to do the deployment and sign the output assembly. The error I'm getting without signing the assemblies is "An error occurred when merging assemblies: ILMerge.Merge: The target assembly 'HelloWorld' lists itself as an external reference.” .  Global.ascx or .asax? The usual cause of a signing error is when a reference is not signed.  Is the global.asax.cs or .vb marked as conte...

How to use web deployment projects with multiple web application projects.
I followed the guide on this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307467 "How To Create an ASP.NET Application from Multiple Projects for Team Development" and I now have my main app at the root of the application and I have all of the sub applications as sub directories of the root application.  It all works great when I do a normal debug build or a normal publish.  The problem is that I have nested sitemaps, nested master pages, and of course, nested web.config files.  Basically the root app has a master page, sitemap, and web.config file and each child app ...

Web Deployment Project / Setup Project and editable web.config
I'm working on an installer for a website. The Installer will prompt the user for the web settings such as as various AppSettings. How would you recommend implementing this? Below I describe my initial thoughts but they seem over complicated !!!! My first idea is to created the Web Deployment Project and create a web.config section overwrite file, and then using it in the usual manner to overwrite the web.config appSettings section at installation time.Property Pages->Deployment section to "appsettings=appsettings.config"Then to make this appsettings.config file editable by a Custom ...

Deploying a Web Developer Express Project to a Web Hosting Provider
I am having trouble deploying a web site I have developed to my web hosting provider. I hope this is an appropriate forum. 1. DEVELOPMENT SCENARIOa) I have configured and developed a 'File System' web site project on my local PC.b) The site uses the default 'Login' and 'Membership' controls.c) A SQL Server 2005 Express database called ASPNETDB.MDF was automatically created in the \App_Data directory.d) The 'Login' and 'Membership' controls all use the above database successfully. 2. DEPLOYMENT ISSUESI want to deploy my site from my local 'File System' to my web hosting provider, and a...

Web Application Project and Web Deployment Project
I went to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx and downloaded the web deployment project. Installed it and tried to create a deployment project for my web application project. However, I do not get the menu item. I've tried this with existing WAP's, new WAP's, but no luck. I have VS 2005 team developer, with SP1 and Team Explorer installed.I've tried the steps mentioned through out this post: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1502324.aspx but still have no luck in getting the menu item.Any help would be appreciatedWayne...

Web Application Projects with Web Deployment Projects...
Hi there,  Does anyone have any experience in using the Web Deployment Project pieces to deploy Web Application style projects (rather than the web site projects model)? We have a rather larger eCommerce site that uses WAP model (it was originally a website model, but we ran into so many problems with compile times, temp .dll file lockups at compile etc that we moved it to WAP a long time ago). What's strange is that the project compiles fine normally when we're not using the Web Deployment Project and everything is fine. However, the second we hook the WDP stuff up, we'r...

Web Deployment Project and Web Application Project
 Hi! Maybe I have missed something, but shouldn't there be possible to do a web deployment project of a web application project? I have followed this guide http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479568.aspx, but  I can't get it to work without building the web application project first. With TFSBuild it fails even if I build the web application first. The error looks like this: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /WebDepWeb.csproj -p <MySourceFolder>\WebDepWeb -f <MySourceFolder>\WebDepBuild\Binaries\Release\_PublishedWebsi...

Web Deployment Project with Web Application Project
I currently have a working Solution that contains 3 VB class library projects and one Web Application Project and it is working fine. I would like to use the web.config replacement functionality from the Web Deployment Projects. I add a Web Deployment project and keep the defaults, and the build is broken. Whenever I try to build, I get the following error: error ASPPARSE: Could not load type 'MyWebApp.Page1'. Done building project "MyWebApp.vbproj_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED. I have searched on this and found some information, but it doesn't seem to help. I&#...

WEB Matrix VS Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Which one to choose: Web Matrix    OR   Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition?!?!?!?And most importantly: WHY?!?!?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Web Matrix uses ASP.NET 1.1 Visual Web Developer uses ASP.NET 2.0 betaBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

Web resources about - using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CICADA Autonomous Deployment Demonstration - YouTube
The Naval Research Laboratory Vehicle Research Section has successfully completed flight tests for the Autonomous Deployment Demonstration program. ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
&quot;When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...