Setup Project - running exe during setup

I have a standard setup project for a windows application that installs the windows app and a console app, along with Access db, to the users machine.

After the files are installed and before the setup ends, I want to run the sync app .exe. Anyone know how to make this happen? Thanks.

jcrabtreesla
12/15/2008 4:36:56 PM
asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects 789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Use custom actions to do this , please check more steps here http://geekswithblogs.net/mnf/archive/2006/10/23/94855.aspx

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

How to deploy web project in VS 2005 using web setup project
I have developed a new .NET Web application in C#. It is working find in localhost, i want to deploy the application to the production server. Please let me know what are the steps i need to follow to create an MSI file with VS.NET Installer in VS 2005. When i am trying to create a websetup project with a new solution option, it is not giving me the primary output file selection, i mean to say i am not at all getting the list of resources to select in the drop down list and also my project in the projects drop down list. Please some boyd help me and tell me is there any thing need to be done...

Web Setup Project versus Web Deployment Project
Is there some good article on when to use which project?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". Hello, You could check here - http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/06/429723.aspx Actually you can easily configure the WebSetup project to pipe in the output from your WebSiteDeployment project into the MSI. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting ThanxJohan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================...

Web Deployment Project / Setup Project and editable web.config
I'm working on an installer for a website. The Installer will prompt the user for the web settings such as as various AppSettings. How would you recommend implementing this? Below I describe my initial thoughts but they seem over complicated !!!! My first idea is to created the Web Deployment Project and create a web.config section overwrite file, and then using it in the usual manner to overwrite the web.config appSettings section at installation time.Property Pages->Deployment section to "appsettings=appsettings.config"Then to make this appsettings.config file editable by a Custom ...

so confused, different between Web Deployment Project and Web Setup Project
I am so confused. Want to know what is the different between Web Deployment Project and Web Setup Project. I have already completed a web application project. What am i going to use? Deployment or Setup?Thanks so much in advance!Justin so far i know both is useful.to get the best compile options use web deploy project.to install the web on other machine/deliver to user, use web setup project (that containing web deploy project output). Thanks Trance...

Web Deployment Project & Web Setup Project source code issue...
I seem to be having an issue using the deployment add-in and the web setup project as it pertains to the source code being included in the msi package... I have website that I have tried to deploy to a remote server where I need to run the msi installer.  it runs just fine, but includes the aspx.vb files for each page.  I have tried to follow the directions on MSDN, but they do not mirror the Visual Studio 2005 Web setup project on my machine.  Anyway, is there an option I am missing somewhere to NOT include the vb source files (code behind)?Warren LaFrance Hi Warren,&nbs...

Deploy project using Web Setup Project
Is there any way to set the version of .Net that the virtual direstory uses? When the msi from the Web Setup Project creates the virtual directory it seems to just set the .Net version to the version that the web site that the vertual directory was installed under....

How to setup Windows authentication mode for a web application deployed using a web setup project ?
 Hi,I would like to know if it is possible to set up the authentication mode to "Windows Authentication" for a web application deployed on IIS using a web setup project from Visual Studio 2005 and also how to do that. I know that after deploying the web application using the MSI file I can manually edit the security settings from the IIS and set the authentication mode to "Integrate Windows authentication", but I would like to do this at deploy time. Since I was not able to do that, I tried an open-source project, Windows Installer XML v3.0 - this project ev...

Setup and Deployment Projects in VS.NET
My boss likes us to use the VS.NET "Web Setup Project" so I can't just do an XCopy deployment.  Is there a way to get this thing to also setup a Sql Server database and give you more fine tuned control on how IIS is set up?  Is there some other software that does this (hopefully freeware.)Thanks,Fregas...

difference in setup project, setup wizard and cab project template in vs 2005
Hi,        in visual studio 2005 there are different template in setup and Deployment. in that i want to know the different between the "Setup project" and "setup wizard template" and what is "cab project template".... For the first time am going to work so i want to know the about this can any one help in that above one?   Thanks in advanceNo gain without pain Hi, There are four deployment projects: Merge Module Project, Setup Project, Web Setup Project, and Cab Project. For more information about Setup and Deployment Pr...

Limitations of web setup project in VS.NET
I found there is a limit to either the total file size, the number of files and/or the size of individual files added to a web setup project in VS.NET. I am trying to add ~2.7GB of MapInfo tables to a project, which is more than some specified limit. One MapInfo index file is 500 MB, which also seem to exceed some limit. The error message in VS.NET is the following: - Z:\app_name\app_name.vdproj Could not find file 'C:\Data\DAV_ADR.IND' 'Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.' Has anyone experienced something similar and do you know of any workarounds exc...

How to programablly control the 'Project Output' in Setup Project of vs.net?
My solution has several projects, some are windows applications and some are web applications. I hope user can select the apps which he wants to install during the installation. I create a Setup Project in vs.net and added "primary output" and other related resources of those projects in. I also added some dialogs and created custom actions. I can execute the my script (sql script) in installer class, but still don't know how to control the installation of each project in my code. I mean whether to install or not. Does anyone has some suggestions to me? And can I add a c...

vs.net web setup project to root of website
Can a vs.net msi install project be setup to specify the top level root of the website? So that the app is installed in c:\inetpbub\wwwroot for example? I see no control or setting for this and there are no details in msdn. I've only been able to install to a virtual directory. If you leave the virtual directory box empty during install the install fails. use \. as path ...Verhoeven Bart MCSD.NET Technical Project Leader > use \. as path ... The installer says this is not a valid path. Bump... Leaving the virtual directory box empty works fine on mine... You could...

Web Setup Project: Web Service Deployment
Hi,   I created a c# web setup project to install/deploy my web service.  When I run the install project, then create a console application and tryto add web reference from local machine (to check my installation), I notice that there are 2 links to the web service:      1) http://localhost/TestWebSetup/TestWebService.asmx  //valid       2) http://localhost/TestWebSetup/TestWebSetup/TestWebService.asmx  //invalid, what is going on ??It should only be displaying the first link.  Does ...

Web Application Project & Web Deployment Project, but not aspnet_merge.exe?
I have a solution that is made up of 1 Web Application Project, and several different Class Library projects.  When I build the solution, I build the class libraries first and the Web App Project builds last.  Everything works perfectly.I have specific namespaces set up such as:MyCompany.MyProject (Class Library)MyCompany.MyProject.Common (Class Library)MyCompany.MyProject.Persistance (Class Library)MyComapny.MyProject.Web (Web Application Project, that references the other projects)I have been deploying to a staging area via the Publish Web feature of VS 2005 (which then publ...

Web resources about - Setup Project - running exe during setup - asp.net.vs-web-deploy-projects

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

WestConnex project to acquire more of Sydney Park
More slices of the award-winning inner-city Sydney Park will be carved off to make way for the WestConnex motorway and surrounding roads.

Report: GM is buying failed ride-hail service Sidecar and starting its own project, code-named 'Maven' ...
General Motors is spending an undisclosed amount about to buy up what's left of failed ride-hailing and delivery service Sidecar , which shut ...

Four Renewable Energy Projects In Africa And Caribbean Receive $46 Million In Funding
Four renewable energy projects set to be developed in Africa and the Caribbean have been awarded $46 million in funding. The International Renewable ...

BLM’s ‘Anti-Police Terror Project’ Celebrates MLK By Shutting Down San Francisco Bridge
'A show of resistance to a system that continues to oppress Black, Queer, Brown, Indigenous and other marginalized people throughout the Bay ...

‘Fox’s ‘X-Men’ Project ‘Hellfire’ Searching For New Showrunner As Evan Katz & Manny Coto Focus On ’24 ...
... ’s pilot order to 24: Legacy , 24 alums Evan Katz and Manny Coto , who wrote the pilot script and executive produce, are focusing on that project ...

Mistwalker is recruiting for a new project
It looks like Lost Odyssey and The Last Story studio Mistwalker is staffing up for a new project. On Saturday, company founder and Final Fantasy ...

High-profile developer declares Bitcoin doomed, leaves currency project
After five years of working full-time on Bitcoin, Mike Hearn has had enough. According to him, the BTC experiment is foundering due to political ...