Why is Visual Studio 2008 very slow when going from "source" to "design" in the markup ?

and at times it just sits there and freezes for about a minute or so ..

Is it to do with style sheets ,? is there some option to turn this off ?

thanks

robby

0
robby32

Hi Robby,

did you also install SP1 for Visual Studio 2008?

Grz, Kris.

XIII

i am pretty sure i did. How can i check (is it under the Help--> About option?

Also is that the only service pack for VS08 ?

 thanks

robby

0
robby32

yes, it's the only service pack. There was also a hot fix rollup but if I remember correctly everything got included in SP1. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en.

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

"Windows 2000 style" in design view in Visual Studio 2008??
Hello... I've just installed Visual Studio 2008 Pro. When I've created a new ASP.NET web site, then in the design view of my site everything looks like in Windows 2000. Buttons, check-boxes etc. My current OS is Windows XP Pro, but with the "Windows Classic" style. I've tried to change that to the "Windows XP" style. Then when I build the project, buttons and check-boxes looks right in IE7. But in Visual Studio it still looks like "Windows Classic". Is it possible to change?The buttons, check-boxes etc. was "Windows XP"...

"Editing of mobile controls is not supported in the Visual Studio 2008 Designer"
looks like ALL mobile controls that were in VS 2005 are missing? Do I need to use VS 2005 ? IF the VS 2005 mobile controls arent in VS 2008, can be depend on them being supported in VS 2008  when they arrive ? Hello Dean, we had the same topic in the following thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1206283.aspx If you need ASP.NET Mobile Controls you will have to work either only with the source view in Visual Studio 2008 or you will have to use the Visual Studio 2005 Mobile Designer and then use the source code in VS 2008.  ttklf4 on Twitter...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

2003 Visual Studio
   asp:datagrid id="DataGridUsers" runat="server" Width="600px" Height="264px" BorderColor="#804000" BorderStyle="Double" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="12" OnEditCommand="Grid_Edit" OnSortCommand="Grid_Sort" OnPageIndexChanged="Grid_Page" OnCancelCommand="Grid_CancelEdit" OnUpdateCommand="Grid_Update" AutoGenerateColumns="False" EnableViewState="False" " DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">" DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">" DataTextField="RoleName" DataValueField="ID">Does anybody know why the following items in pink will not fire?  Moojjoo ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Visual Studios 2008 Crashes AFTER "Build Successful"
I really don't even know what details would be helpful.  I can say that I first noticed it when I added a setup and deployment project to my solution. But who knows, it could be anything -- I have infragistics controls, customer controls, lots of different resources...   I do notice that build successful appears and a second later the IDE crashes.  I also noticed that trying to view the project properites page for ANY project in the solution causes the IDE to crash. Hitting "debug" just pulls up another exception and hitting the "debug" on tha...

In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".
In Visual Studio 2005 whats difference between "new Project" and "new website".  Is new project for non web realted stuff.   Hi Parms,New Project enables you to add projects to your solution for non-web related projects -- for example: windows applications, class libraries, etc.  New Website adds a project specific to web UI developmnet.Hope this helps,Scott Hi Scott --On a related subject: I've got a VS 2003 solution with three web apps. The third web app is really just a library of classes that are shared between the other two web apps.app_1: a real web app (references ...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Open two "solution explorers" in visual studio 2008?
I have a couple different projects, that are in seperate solutions.  Is it possible to have both solutions open at the same time?  Every once in a while I want to check and see how I did something in the other solution...   Can I have two instances of Solution Explorer open in visual studio 2008 or is there another way to accomplish this?  Never make important decisions on a Monday!  I would just open 2 instances of Visual Studio.Regards, Curt  I don't think there is any way to open two instances not that i know of any. And yes as the above member s...

Web resources about - Why is Visual Studio 2008 very slow when going from "source" to "design" in the markup ? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008