Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.

It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications.
What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward with the updating  - but I want to choose the right development platform so I don't find myself switching that in the near future either.
 thanks
0
newknew
4/26/2008 7:29:15 AM