upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008

Hi,

Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.

Please Help Me Out

Thanks in advance!!

0
Sangeeta
11/12/2008 12:18:00 PM
📁 asp.net.visual-studio-2008
📃 3408 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1112 Views

Hi,

You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new features added in e.g. WCF, WPF, LINQ etc...

There is an project upgrade wizard from .net 1.1 or 2.0 up to 3.5  Once upgraded you can even configure VS2008 app to run under .net 2.0

Regards

Dean

0
DeanHunter
11/12/2008 2:12:54 PM

You cannot upgrade 2005 to 2008. VS is always designed to install side by side, it never replaces previous version. You can have 2003, 2005 and 2008 on the same machine.

Mikhail