TFS Command Line Get Command

Hi

Can you pls help me how to pull the latest version or label from the TFS through Command Line. I went through the msdn documentation. I am not able to get a clear picture.

I am expecting some command with example where I can pass the server name, Credentials and sourcepath and Destination path.

Basically I want to pull the get latest to a local path which  will be specified in the command line utility. Hope so I am clear.

Pls help me.

Regards
Finny
0
finny

 You can use tf command line utility

This utility can be found in C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Visual Studio (9 or 8 )/Common7/IDE/tf.exe

To do get latest you can use

tf get itemspec [/version:versionspec] [/all] [/overwrite] [/force] [/preview] [/recursive] [/noprompt]

tf get is command

itemspec is used to get latest the specific item

/all switch is used to get all the items

/overwrite switch is used to overwrite all existing local files

/force /recursive and /noprompt are some other usefule switches which can be of your interest.

Prior to this you must have your project to be mapped with the TFS at least once.

if you are using /noprompt then it will not ask for any confimations so it will skip you asking user name and password to login to the TFS account.So use /noprompt carefully.

Hope this helps

Visit me at my blog
Small Workarounds
0
ash143gupta

Getting Visual Studio 2008 Command window to execute commands properly
Hi, I notice that when I open command prompt, I am not able to execute commands as easily as I would like to. When I try to execute any of the commands below, I get the same “Command not specified”error   >devenv /fn Arial /fs 20>sn -k C:\Temp\soLocalKey.snk  How can I fix this so I can directly execute command in command window in visual studio 2008. Thanks in advance.  .Net Web/Software Engineer One way is to use the "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt".  Otherwise you need to add the necessary paths to the PATH environment variable so th...

Building .Net solutions via the command line (w/out Visual Studio installed)
Hi,I'm pretty new to .Net development, so you may have to bear with me a bit on this one.  I was recently hired in a small office and I helped set up a system to facilitate team development using subversion and Visual Studio .Net 2003.  I'm going to give a little motivation for why I want to know this first, but if you'd rather skip directly to the question that's fine by me.----- It didn't take us long to discover what a pain in the ass it is to synchronize our .dll's after a project is built.  Obviously, we still need to keep the dll's available to the projects and have...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Visual Studio.Net Command Prompt?
Can i use 'Visual Studio.Net Command Prompt' to compile .bat file without install vs.net in my server, but i have install Framework version 1.1? If you're having the csc.exe and vbc.exe compilers (.NET Framework SDK download) on your system, you can always compile the code to a dll. You don't need VS.NET for this, since the compilers are freely available in the SDK. Note: of course you can just compile the whole thing locally on your pc with VS.NET and then distribute the compiled code to the server (the CLR addresses the problem of incompatibilities between development and production m...

Parrot runs from command line; not Visual Studio
Hi: I'm working on a application -- actually a web browser written with wxWidgets -- and I'd like to embed a parrot and/or perl6 interpreter. I succeeded in writing an experimental command-line program to read and execute a simple .pir file, compiled with perl6.exe, but that program crashes whenever I run it from Microsoft Visual Studio; it only works when run from the command line. That seems to be the reverse of a more common problem where applications will run ok in debug mode but not run from a prompt. I'm guessing there might be a problem with #defines or something...

Command Line Compile Visual Studio Project
Hey folks, What is the command line to build a visual studio project? I have Visual Studio Express Installed, but i want to do the building from from a shell. Any help would be reall really appreciated. i am really overwhelmed by all the menus and buttons in Visual Studio, and nearly given up Windows Programming altogether.. So kindly help me. Thanks a lot. vbc.exe or csc.exe (depending on VB or CSharp)... there are lots of /switch stuff though that you'll want to research. Hi Curt, Thanks a lot for your response. BUt csc.exe will only compile one source file right? ...

Visual Basic .Net Command Line Compiler
I installed with success the file mdac_typ.exe and. NET Framework SDK. The ASP pagesrun perfectly in http://localhost/page_name.asp The ASP.NET pages, with extension. aspx run perfectly in the Internet Explorer. When running ASP.NET pages, with extension. aspx in http://localhost/page_name.aspx appears a box of messages with: "Visual Basic. NET Command Line Compiler have encountred problem and needs to close. We sorry… ". When I select "Debug" in this box of messages receive the following message: Compilation error Description: An error occur...

Open Website in Visual Studio through Command Line?
Does anyone know if it's possible to open a file system-based website in VS2005 through the command-line? The devenv.exe command-line switches allow you to pass in a project or solution file, but I want to just pass in a directory path and have that open. I noticed that the command-line switches let you specify a command as well, and that VS2005 has a File.OpenWebSite command, but that command just displays the Open Website dialog box - it seemingly does not not allow you to pass in a directory path.Any ideas or suggestions?My end goal is to be able to, through Windows Explorer, right-click ...

Visual Studio .NET IDE Command Window problem
I used the Command Window a lot. While debugging I could find the value of a textbox, string, etc. by just typing something like: ?variablename.text ?variablenamestring It would return the value of whatever I asked for. The other day I opened up the Command Window and it has, ">" inside it. I figured I miskeyed that inside there so I tried to delete it. It cannot be deleted. I tried typing what I normally type (using the example before) after the ">". >?variablename.text All I get is: Command "?variablename.text" ...

VS.NET and C# Compiler from command line "csc.exe" not fould when running from command prompt.
Hi All, I've been attempting to comlpile a custom control from the command line: I have VS.NET 2003 installed along with the .Net Framework 1.1 I've been working on a control project but cannot compile this into a .dll to register as a TagPrefix within an ASP.NET page. When going to the command prompt and typing csc /? it returns the ever popular error "csc" not recognized as an internal process or batch file. Is this a comman error? or a rogue install of VS.NET and/or the .NET Framework. Thanks In Advance, Tony If you open under Visual Studio .net Programs, the Vi...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Web resources about - TFS Command Line Get Command - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turnbull is rash but he commands respect
The encomium of Elizabeth Farrelly for Malcolm Turnbull is not without merit ("Malcolm is here for the long haul", November 26).

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

Mercedes S-Cabrio commands 11 percent premium over coupe
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Car Buying , Convertible , Luxury Mercedes released pricing for the new S-Class Cabriolet in Europe, which tells ...

North American Aerospace Defense Command Tracks Santa’s Flight « CBS New York
The North American Aerospace Defense Command is continuing its tradition of telling youngsters the location of Santa Claus on his annual storybook ...

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
... quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious, etc. So, let's see what quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious things we can do to monkey around on the command ...

Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad
Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad

Officer who shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice claims he aimed for toy gun, gave verbal commands
... I was focused on the suspect," Loehmann wrote. "Even when he was reaching into his waistband, I didn't fire. I still was yelling the command ...

Disney Channel Commands Biggest Cable Crowd In Total Day For 2015
Disney Channel today boasted it had edged out Nickelodeon as the No. 1 ranked cable TV network in total viewers for total day for 2015. Disney ...