new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5

Hi,
    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5

0
pathipati

 There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/

http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx

Vikram
www.vikramlakhotia.com

Please mark the answer if it helped you
0
vik20000in

Converting Visual Studio 2003 (1.1 framework) to Visual Studio 2008 (3.5 framework)
I am having problems converting my application.  Here are the steps I have taken (or tried so far) (structure of the folders are root folder has solution and sub folder has .csproj and all other files) 1 - manually copied the 2003 files to a new folder 2 - Added a virtual directory for that new folder 3 - Manually changed the .sln in the new folder to point to the new virtual directory 4 - Started 2008 and received error stating the web site doesnot exist at location "http://localhost/projectfolder/projectname.csproj" Hi Please follow the following steps ( Sk...

Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 + side note question on Visual Studio 2008
HelloI just have these two quick questions.Thanks.1) Can you code in Visual Studio 2005 using Framework 3.0 instead of 2.0?2) Is the Visual Studio 2008 the final, final release available to download on the MSDN site? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to be put into a position when it hits the DVDs in Feb. 2008 and have to uninstall. The horror stories of the past BETA uninstalls got me all scared:(  1.  yes, download the tools for VS2005 2.  I believe so, however its up to MS to make that descion!David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer"...

Visual Studio 2008 & .NET 3.5
Hi all In the company we're currently developing some applications in ASP.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005 and we're seriously thinking about an upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5.What are your experiences with the new framework and the new Visual Studio? Are they already reliable for the productive use or are they still buggy like Vista or the first AJAX release?It's very important for us to do this upgrade only if the is stability is warranted. Thank you for your feedbacks! I too would be interested in answers to King's questions.Please be sure to click "Ma...

Creating Reports in Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5
I am trying to create reports in VB using Visual Studio 2008/.NET Framework 3.5 with a SQL Server 2000 backend (moving to SQL Server 2005 in a couple of months). I am fairly new to this environment and I'm not sure what the best approach is. I see that there is a Visual Studio Template for Reports, but my attempts to get it working have failed. I've tried finding tutorials on this, but nothing is quite what I need. It seems most articles are for VS 2005 or SQL Reporting Services. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of going in circles. I have decided to keep ...

Problem in visual studio 2008 IDE after installing VS2008SP1 & .Net 3.5 SP1
I just recently installed VS2008 SP1 and .Net 3.5 SP1. After successful installation of both, I am experiencing a problem in the IDE in which hyperlinks that have an image URL assigned will not render appropriately. If I remove the imageURL, the control renders correctly. This is occurring on both Vista and XP. All appears to be good at runtime, but design time looks AWFUL! Is there something I should have done differently (e.g., installed the SPs in a different order, installed a hot fix, etc.) that woudl have prevented this from occurring? Is there a fix for this? Thanks, Pam &nb...

Genome V4.0 released: LINQ-integrated O/RM for .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
Genome V4.0 has been released to provide a proven and matured LINQ integrated O/RM solution for .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008. Since the advent of .NET, Genome has kept pace with the latest advances on the .NET platform, offering a safe upgrade path for existing project investments. Having adopted LINQ with the first CTP in 2006, Genome has now switched over entirely, using LINQ as its primary query language. As a unique advantage on top of LINQ’s capabilities, Genome allows you to encapsulate and reuse query logic in your domain models.This release of Genome also brings you a number of ex...

.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)
I am new to powerdesigner, and mostly very impressed. Using version 15.1.0.2850 I am look at OOMs and I only see VS2005 support? and the web service support seems to be for the .asmx style web service and not WCF .svc style? Is there something I am missing or is this expected in a future release? btw, had rediculous fun modelling some XML Schema (NIEM IEPDs) ... nice tool ... now to hook that to a web service and object model Thanks, Gordon ...

.NET 3.0 or 3.5 in visual studio 2005
Hi,I'm developing a site using two seperate machines depending on my location.  One has VS 2008.  The other has VS 2005.  Is there a way to get .NET 3.0 or 3.5 to work on on Visual Studio 2005.  I was told .NET 3.5 won't work because it contains the Vista Modules, but I don't know about 3.0. Hi, Visual Studio 2005 cannot use .Net Framework 3.5 as target framework. In your case, we can install .Net Framework 3.0 redistributable package (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en) wh...

Has anyone upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 to resolve issues using Visual Studio 2008?
I am considering upgrading to SP1 but this release is relatively new - Aug 2008  I would like to know if anyone has upgraded to Bet.net framework version 3.5 service pack 1 as a result of issues with using visual studio 2008.If yes please can you provide details  I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (it installs the .NET 3.5 SP1 as well) and it works great. You will only have problems if you have installed the SP1 beta. If that is the case you will find this tool very useful when removing the beta installation. I use it in production and have never had any problems.http://pavkata.b...

Integrating Visual Studio 2008 / .NET 3.5 with PayPal
I am trying to integrate Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 with PayPal.  I have not seen any PayPal SDKs that work on the 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 frameworks.  What is everyone using in order to do PayPal e-commerce in their projects?  I am open to switching away from PayPal as long as someone can provide me with a link to a decent e-commerce SDK.You can't stop entropy so why even try? If SDK is 1.1 based, you can still use it since 1.1 assemblies will work with 2.0 and 3.5.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
Is there a way to develop in .net 2.0? My hosting provider only supports .net version 2.0 & I'm using VS '08....  & is creating a site with .net 3.5? I have several .net versions installed, but how do I know, how can I use .net 2.0? Right click on the project, choose Properties and specify 2.0 as a target framework.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That was easy...  THANKS!  ...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
I developed a simple site in VS '08 & it's not working on the www after uploading to my hosting provider.  I called technical support & they told me that they only support .net version 2.0 & that my site wasn't displaying b/c I had developed it with .net version 3.5. I understand that the newest versions are built on the previous...  But how do I develop this correctly so that it will work on the www? I don't need to worry about converting what I've already created.  It's just a test page displaying a picture so I can start from scrat...

Visual Studio 2008 Crash
Hi, Opening a website project initally crashes Visual Studio 2008. It's a Website project with .Net 3.5 with Ajax Toolkit Reopening VS 2008 and clicking again on the Project shows a problem loading open documents. "An error was encountered while opening associated documents the last time this solution was loaded. Document load is being skipped during this solution load in order to avoid that error." Also, clicking on a aspx page also crashes Visual Studio but NOT all the time. I have been able to view the aspx page after multiple tries ( between crash...

Performance visual studio 2008 .net 3.5 issue (related to last hotfix released)
Hi. i want to report about a performance issue is noticed about asp.net 3.5 performance with vs2008. i'm woking a lot with dotnetnuke. if you try to install a clean install of DNN and within the installation process add the store module( 02.01.00) - which is a large module that insert in the BIN directory of the website a lot of assemblies (approx 50 !) . after the installation complete - when i try to browse the application. the runtime compilation is VERY SLOW (if i change the target framework to 2.0 it's working well but if it on 3.5 very slow). every click on every link on...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

Visual Studio 2005 With .net Framework 3.5 Possible?
Goodday everyone, I have Visual Studio 2005 pro met Windows XP pro. and I want to make a website with .net framework 3.5 (AJAX, LINQ), but I can't get .net framework working in Visual Studio 2005.Have someone a suggestion or is VS 2008 my only option? (I hope not that vs 2008 my only option is) Greetings Banaan  VS 2008 is the option if you want an IDE to develop .NET 3.5 apps. But, you can use a text editor and .NET 3.5 SDK too. AJAX is still available for VS 2005 with this download http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c02...

Visual Studio 2008 2.0 to 3.5 conversion not reliable
I converted a very basic 2.0 website to 3.5 using Visual Basic 2008 then made a huge mistake thinking it would work on a more robust site.  Now getting all kinds of errors.  Below is one that I have no idea of where to start. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is ambiguous: it could come from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' or from assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web....

Unable to import CrystalDecisions to Visual Studio 2008 (Framework 3.5)
Hi,I got underlined error when importing the following components:Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.EngineImports CrystalDecisions.Shared  I tried to add reference to my web project but I can't locate CrystalDecisions  or anyname closest to that. Anyways, I have been reading forums about it but as I read, I got even more confused. I've downloaded Business Object Crystal Report 2008, but still can't find CrystalDecisions on my project's reference - I can only see components like: Business Objects and Crystal Report, not none on CrystalDecision.Any idea? I ...

DotNet framework 3.5 for Visual Studio.Net 2005? Plz!
Hi, everyone ! I have got a question: How to use DotNet framework 3.5 with Visual Studio.Net 2005 ? and Can use DotNet 3.5 with VS.NET 05? please help ! thanks! You cannot use 3.5 with VS 2005.  You can use 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 with VS 2008.VS 2005 is specifically designed to use 2.0.  There is no way around this. Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."  Yes, i agree with careed..ONLY VS 2008 can support any frameworks such as  2.0, 3.0 and 3.5. But if you are trying to use  framework 3.5 with VS 2005 i think its not possi...

Visual Studio 2008 And AJAX Framework 3.5
Hi friends ...I need heap of helps on AJAX Framwork 3.5.I just  Installed Visual Studio 2008  and AJAX  Control ToolKit  for Ms Framework 3.5  -  11119I've got Error Message (below) when i create Accordion AJAX Control Kit. Error    1    The type or namespace name 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)  I've included the AjaxControlKit.dll in my Bin folder. I've added the <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace=&...

Where to find Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF and WPF) download?
I want to use Windows Communication Foundation and WPF in VS2005,  Where to find  Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (WCF and WPF) looks to me links are broken at msdn.   You can download The Visual Studio 2005 extensions for.NET Framework 3.0 (WCF & WPF) from http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,1000000375,39328336s,00.htmThanks & Regards,Abhishek Note that this version is 'preview quality' (CTP = community technology preview) and is not supported. It is also not indended to be used for commercial development (because it is not a fully test...

Web resources about - new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks streaming 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) Gainesville screamo band Frameworks recently released the title ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...