Need desperate help with installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express ''ENU has encountered''

Im gonna cut right to the chase

i want to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition but every time i try to install it i get a message saying:

 ''Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 express Edition - ENU has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly.''

Then i get another message saying what it did not manage to install

Setup could not install the following component:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Ive done some ''research'' around the internet and it seems this problem occurs a bit.

I have to admit im kinda noobish so i need help from someone ''un-noobish'' :)

I would be very very very very very grateful for help :)

0
bkf_94

Maybe you should just trying installing the .NET 3.5 framework first.

Download it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

If that doesn't work, try to log/capture as many errors as possible to help debug (i.e. Google) the issue.

BTW - make sure you're logged in with administrative privileges.

One other thing - make sure you've uninstalled any beta versions of the .NET 3.5 framework that you may have previously installed.

Good luck!

0
corkwatchr
6/16/2008 9:37:25 PM

It didnt work :(

When you say ''try to log/capture as many errors as possible'' do you mean like finding the txt file of the problem?

btw i have .NET Framework 1 and 2 installed. If I uninstall these will i THEN manage to install .NEt Framework 3.5?

Thx for helping me :)

0
bkf_94
6/16/2008 9:50:18 PM

Bummer - you can't install the .NET 3.5 framework! You are logged in to Windows with an account that has administrative privileges (rights) on your machine, right?

One of the easiest ways to install any version of .NET is through the Windows Update/Microsoft Update screen. Microsoft .NET Framework will be located under the Optional Components section.

You may want to try and download the entire 197 MB redistributable for .NET 3.5 and install it locally. It is here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/0/f/60fc5854-3cb8-4892-b6db-bd4f42510f28/dotnetfx35.exe

If that doesn't work, you may want to try uninstalling .NET 2.0, since .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 rely on a successful installation of .NET 2.0. The .NET 3.5 installation (above) include .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0.

Here's a link with some tips about installing .NET 3.5 http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/a/e/9ae0f6cc-7032-408e-9ca7-989f9e4af4ec/dotNetReadMe.htm

I hope you get it to work!

0
corkwatchr
6/17/2008 2:24:19 AM

Hey :)

Thc for the tips but once again, it didnt work :(

Administrive priviliges :P ? i dont know what they do or how i turn them on but im using my Admin profile

I tried to uninstall .Net Framework 2.0 and then install .NET Framework 3.5 but i still got that ''a problem has occured'' but do i need .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 to install 3.5?

On my parent's computer it worked and they have .NET 2.0 and 3.0 and since you say i need to reinstall 2.0

thx for helping me =)

0
bkf_94
6/17/2008 9:15:11 PM

.NET 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0.

Another tip - make sure you have the latest service pack isntalled on your machine (Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP1).

As another last resort, you could manually remove and reinstall .NET 2.0 following these instructions: (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077)  Actually, I'd just remove .NET 2.0 and let the full 197MB redistributable install .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5

If this doesn't work, you may just need to rebuild the machine.

0
corkwatchr

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

LINQ -- how to do where x in ('a', 'b','c')
How do I write a LINQ expression that does the following: select * from SomeTable where SomeColumn in ('a', 'b','c')  Jay There is no IN operator in LINQ (yet), but you can use Contains instead: http://www.devauthority.com/blogs/jwooley/archive/2007/08/06/69922.aspx Jos...

Help with 'do until' ......... 'Loop'
Hello Everyone, I am writing a program to search for customers on a database.  I am having a bit of a problem with my do until ..... loop routines. I have posted the code below for you to look at and correct me. I am using VB on VS 2005 and Access Database. The end user will enter the customers name (Whole or part of ) in to a textbox and click the button 'Find', once the checks have been done to make sure there is something in the textbox it will then call this routine Search_Customer(ByVal Customer_Name).  The ByVal Customer_name will have the text...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

Need desperate help with returning array from Web Service C#
Hi There,I have been trying to use a webservice to return results of a SQL call as an array. Whatever I do I cannot succeed, the most I can do is return a string.Please, you'd make my day, I have wasted hours and searched a million of pages.This one came very close to the same thing I am doing, but his solution does not seem to work for me. http://forums.asp.net/t/743487.aspxBelow is the Code: <%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="SQLService" %> using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Diagnos...

Visual Studio randomly changing codebehind subtypes from 'ASPXCodebehind' to 'Code'
I've got a weird issue going on in my .vbproj files.  Every couple of days, I go to check in to Source Control, and all of the project files in my solution are listed as having changed.  When I diff them to see what has changed, I see that the 'subtype' element for all of my codebehind files has been changed from ASPXCodebehind to Code.  If I allow it to go into source control, then several days later the same thing will happen, but Visual Studio will have changed all of them back to ASPXCodebehind.  It's a real nuisance! Does anyone have any idea what is causing ...

Cannot get the 'Design' or 'Split' feature to work in VWD 2008 Express
I have XP Pro SP3.   Downloaded VWD 2008 Express from the MSN site. There was no problem in installation. Now, I want to start programming. But I cannot get the designer / split view to work. Here are the steps: 1. Double-click on VWD icon on the desktop. 2. Click on File\NewFile3. In the New File dialog box, click on C# and Web Form items.4. Hit the Open button at the bottom.5. IDE opens with Default1.aspx6. In the toolbox, click on HTML to expand it.7. In the Server Objects & Events pane; place the cursor on the empty line between the <div> and </div> line...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

Web resources about - Need desperate help with installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express ''ENU has encountered'' - asp.net.visual-studio-2008