How to put line numbers in the VS IDE edito for VS 2008

I am using Visual Studio 2008. In the IDE I would like to have line numbers to display in the editor. This works better for me when I code and debug. Does anyone know how to put the line numbers in?

0
AppDevForMe

 Tools -> Option -> Text Editor -> C# (or Basic or C++....)

0
cnhzlt
10/10/2008 3:05:32 AM

 Big Smile Follow these steps:

- Tools -> Options...

- Tick Show all settings

- Goto Text Editor -> All Languages

- In Display section, Tick Line Number

- OK

Ratanak

.Net Developer
0
ratanakchn
10/10/2008 3:12:41 AM

Try this..

Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All languages

Select "Line Numbers" in Dispaly section

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu

VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008
Hi, I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example. Thanks in advance. Difference VS 2005 Target Framework 2.0 AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions JavaScript Intellisense -limited JavaScript debugging - limited VWD 2008 Target Framework 2.0-3.5 ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

VS.NET 2008 next to VS.NET 2005
I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".  Yes you can have both VS 2008 and VS 2005 on your same machine.  Please note installing the dot net framework 3.5 will install service pack 1 for .net framework 2.0 and 3.0.   http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/07/vs2008-installation-experience.htmlSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Does the installation give ...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

VS 2008 SP1 not recognizing my VS 2008
When I try to run the VS 2008 SP1 found here: http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5I get the error during the wizard saying it can't find any applicable products to update.  I know for sure I do not have the SP1 installed and DO have VS 2008 Team Foundation Server instealled on my system (VS 2008).  What's the deal? While installing vs2008 SP1 it download some files from online, if your system block this downloading then also you may got the problem. better you consult with your system admin.If this post is answer of yo...

VS 2008 Installation Error: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
 Hi,I have HP laptop. Some time back on my laptop VS.Net was working fine. But due to some issues I restore my system and after that I am unable to install VS.Net. When i am trying to install VS.Net 2008 , I am getting "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition - ENU has encountered a problem during setup.  Setup did not complete correctly."  error. Detail error log is [04/10/09,21:59:05] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5: [2] Error code 1603 for this component means "Fatal error during installation."[04/10/09,21:59:05] Microsoft .NET Framewor...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

How to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?
I used VS 2005 for three years and like its IDE.I upgrade to VS 2008 but its IDE drove me crazy even though setting file was imported from VS 2005!For example, in VS 2005, I can drag and drop any control into any position (absolute position) but in VS 2008 I need to change manually.Also, every time when I add new control in the form, so many things around the control appear, such as line, tab... which I really do not need!Can someone show me how to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?   The designer is completely different (no common code) so you cannot make 100% the same as 2005. ...

Is the VS 2008 Tools for Office is an add-on component to VS 2008?
If I buy the VS 2008 Tools for Office, is it an add-on component to VS 2008 or does it comes with VS 2008 as well. If so, what version of VS 2008 does it comes with? I did a research on google for an answer on VS 2005 but I couldn't find any. Thanks...  I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional and they are included in there for me. See about details below:- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008Version 9.0.21022.8 RTMMicrosoft .NET FrameworkVersion 3.5 Installed Edition: Professional Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office     Cheers  Please mark th...

VS 2008 on Vista project wont open on VS 2008 XP
I'ev got Visual Studio 2008 installed on a Vista Machine, and on an XP machine. I Created a project on my XP machine, and then copied the project folder over to the Vista machine, where I worked on the project further. I've copied the files from the Vista machine back to the XP machine, and when I click to open the project, it just opens up Visual Studio with no files open, where usually the form would open. Is there a solution?Alive with Technology Ltd...

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Web resources about - How to put line numbers in the VS IDE edito for VS 2008 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Canberra's growing number of jail inmates to tuck into turkey on Christmas Day
Christmas behind bars will include a traditional hot lunch and visits from family and friends for about 410 detainees in the ACT this year. ...

Are Donald Trump's poll numbers understated? - Business Insider Deutschland
Could Donald Trump be the 2016 version of a reverse "Bradley effect?"

Americans pile into cars in record numbers for holiday travel
A family of five driving a minivan from New York to Miami is only spending $130 on gas for a one-way trip, a savings of $80 from two years ago ...

Another bad number for Chipotle
Has bad press taken a bite of Chipotle's sales? One firm thinks so.

Number of migrants reaching Europe this year passes 1 million
National Post Number of migrants reaching Europe this year passes 1 million CNN (CNN) The number of migrants who have entered Europe by sea ...

DC Realtors May Need To Redefine ‘Luxury’ As The Number Of Million Dollar Homes Skyrockets
DC Realtors May Need To Redefine ‘Luxury’ As The Number Of Million Dollar Homes Skyrockets

Obamacare open enrollment nets 8.3 million subscribers, handily beating last year's numbers
Merry Christmas, everybody! Here, have some health insurance . About 8.3 million people have signed up for health coverage through Healthcare.gov's ...