How to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?

I used VS 2005 for three years and like its IDE.I upgrade to VS 2008 but its IDE drove me crazy even though setting file was imported from VS 2005!For example, in VS 2005, I can drag and drop any control into any position (absolute position) but in VS 2008 I need to change manually.Also, every time when I add new control in the form, so many things around the control appear, such as line, tab... which I really do not need!Can someone show me how to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005?

0
aspfun

The designer is completely different (no common code) so you cannot make 100% the same as 2005. This post may help: http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/03/11/absolute-and-relative-positioning-in-visual-web-developer-2008-designer.aspx. and this one: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2007/09/18/how-to-set-control-to-absolute-positioning-automatically-on-drag-drop.aspx. Also, look into View | Visual Aids menu for more options.

Mikhail

VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008 & VS.NET 2008
Hi, I just download Visual Web Developer 2008 and little use it. Can anyone inform me what is the major difference b/w VS.NET 2005 V/s VWD 2008, I am asking only on the ASP.NET point of view. Can some one also guide me If I use Visual Studio 2008 so what major extra benefit I can take as compare to using VWD 2008. Please give me some practical example. Thanks in advance. Difference VS 2005 Target Framework 2.0 AJAX - To be installed separately by installing AJAX Extensions JavaScript Intellisense -limited JavaScript debugging - limited VWD 2008 Target Framework 2.0-3.5 ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

VS.NET 2008 next to VS.NET 2005
I have VS.NET 2005 on my PC and want to test VS.NET 2008 Beta 2. Can I install it next to VS.NET 2005?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".  Yes you can have both VS 2008 and VS 2005 on your same machine.  Please note installing the dot net framework 3.5 will install service pack 1 for .net framework 2.0 and 3.0.   http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2007/07/vs2008-installation-experience.htmlSilverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Does the installation give ...

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

New features in VS 2008 vs VS 2005
Hello friends !! I'm completly new in Visual Studio 2008, Let me know  what are the advantages to use VS 2008 compare with VS 2005. Plz provides some practical apprachs. Thanks @@ Happy Coding..HI@@ That's always a difficult question, as it's mixed between what Visual Studio offers and what .NET 3.x frameworks offer. You don't HAVE to have VS2008 to use the new framework, but it has been designed to make it all easier. Are you interested in the actual Visual Studio differences or the framework differences?     http://blogs.msdn.com/...

Debug visualizer works in VS 2005 but not VS 2008
I downloaded a debug visualizer from here : http://scottonwriting.net/sowblog/posts/4963.aspx. It works great in VS 2005 but not in 2008... even after converting it. Do you know anything about debug visualizers? the code generates the following exception when instantiating the visualizer: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.DebugViewerShim.RemoteObjectSourceException: Unable to cast object of type 'OdeToCode.WebVisu...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

AJAX Extensions tab in VS 2008 is showing in IDE, but not for a VS 2005 project
Hello, if I create a new web application in Visual Studio 2008, I can select my toolbox and rightfully so there is a tab labeled "Ajax Extensions" and it has all of the AJAX controls in it. But if I open a project from Visual Studio 2008 for a project that was written in Visual Studio 2005, the Ajax Extensions tab is no longer there? Why is this? How can I fix the problem? I have considered converting the 2005 project to a Visual Studio .NET 3.5 project, but we are in a rush to get the product out the door and don't have time to work with any conflicts that might arise in th...

VS 2008 SP1 not recognizing my VS 2008
When I try to run the VS 2008 SP1 found here: http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5I get the error during the wizard saying it can't find any applicable products to update.  I know for sure I do not have the SP1 installed and DO have VS 2008 Team Foundation Server instealled on my system (VS 2008).  What's the deal? While installing vs2008 SP1 it download some files from online, if your system block this downloading then also you may got the problem. better you consult with your system admin.If this post is answer of yo...

How to convert a visual studio 2008 solution to vs 2005?
Hi, I have a solution which made on visual studio 2008, How to convert a visual studio 2008 solution to visual studio 2005, and open it there. Thanks..  May this link help youhttp://blogs.msdn.com/djpark/archive/2007/11/07/how-to-use-solutions-and-projects-between-visual-studio-2005-and-2008.aspx Do u have better explanation to that? Thanks...     Generally speaking it is not supported scenario. VS only moves projects forward, they are not designed to be interchangeabe with older versions. Some tweaks, like mentioned one may work, but result is not guaranteed. T...

VB.NET VS. Visual Basic 2005/2008
 All, I’m beginner of using .NET Programming which I am confused using them particularly the Visual Basic.NET and Visual Basic 2005? Are they the same or not? And Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio? Thanks J Ryan,  vb.net was introduced with the .NET framework. it started with vs2003. then .net 2.0 was supported with vs2005 & 2008. vs2008 gives the option now to target different versions of the framework. the vb.net as a programming language  remains the same while microsoft keeps developing different versions of the framework and the programming tool(V...

Web resources about - How to make VS 2008 IDE the same as VS 2005? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Donald Trump says London police 'fear for their lives' after David Cameron's Muslims comments
The Republican frontrunner's demand for 'a total and complete shutdown' of Muslim immigration was condemned by David Cameron who said it was ...

Apple’s iPhone 6s Battery Case: iOS Integration Is Nice, but Better Options Exist
Apple's new first party iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case launched quietly overnight onto the company's online store , and now this morning a handful ...

Essex shooting at Marriott Hotel car park sparks police hunt
Officers including armed police were called to the Marriott Hotel on Old Shire Lane in Waltham Abbey, Essex today where the victim, thought to ...

Force Awakens Bits: Captain Phasma Was Originally a Man, Why Leia Didn’t Become a Jedi, Easter Eggs and ...
With Star Wars: the Force Awakens hitting theaters in just a matter of weeks, an international press tour is sure to bring an overload of Star ...

Some climate change impacts may appear sooner than expected
For the 70,000 residents of the Marshall Islands, global climate change isn't a theoretical concern with far-off potential consequences. The ...

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift After Leaked Video Surfaces
Jared Leto has offered an apology to Taylor Swift after a private video surfaced of him critiquing her album 1989 . “The truth is I think [Taylor ...

Kim & Kanye Decode Odd Baby Name As Twitter Mocks Kardashian With Joy: Why North West Will Be Ideal Big ...
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West lived up to their reputation for choosing quirky names for their children. Faced with the happy dilemma of what ...

Officials ban half of Beijing's cars amid emergency smog alert
Filed under: Green , Emissions , China Cars will be banned based on their license plate number, as China's authorities desperately try to curb ...

Dropbox trashes Mailbox and Carousel
It would appear that both Mailbox and Carousel have not been nearly popular enough for Dropbox to continue running the lot. The one is used for ...

Here’s why the words “loss and damage” are causing such a fuss at the Paris climate talks
PARIS, France — There’s a big sticking point in the negotiations over a global climate deal, and it centers around this little phrase: “loss ...