Go to symbol definition / show symbol references

 Hi,

I have read that the following fact applies to VS 2005:

F12 - Go to symbol definition
Shift-F12 - Show all references to a symbol

 Is there something like in VS 2008 too (it doesnt work for me in VS 2008)?

0
devel

They both work for me in VS 2008.

C# <---> VB.Net Translator
0
MetalAsp
2/26/2009 3:24:06 PM

 Hmm, since it doesnt seem to work for me:

can you tell me how I can set the shortcut for the above?

0
devel
2/27/2009 2:22:13 PM

Under Tools -> Options -> Keyboard is where you can set shortcuts.

C# <---> VB.Net Translator
0
MetalAsp

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Debug symbols stop loading in Visual Studio 2008
Hey all, I upgraded some web projects from 2003 to 2008 web application projects and they worked OK for a week or 2 and then the debug symbols stopped loading all of a sudden. The error it gives is:  "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. The source code is different from the original version." The project is set to debug both in the project properties and in the web.config. I tried deleting the bin/obj directories but that didn't work. I tried to debug another project and it worked fine so this is project-specific. In the bin directory there are no p...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Visual Studio.Net and using the latest .net framework references
I have installed the .net framework v1.1 on my machine as I am running/developing sites running the v1.1 of asp.net. So earlier today I tried to use a v1.1 .net feature which was the hasrows() method of the SqlDataReader class only to find that I wasnt running v1.1 in visual studio. As I got a compilation error in Visual Studio when i tried to compile this. I then looked at the references to the system classes that visual studio adds when you create a project and would you believe it they were still using the v1.0 files? How do i get it to use the v1.1 files so that i can use these new featu...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

Web resources about - Go to symbol definition / show symbol references - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Ultra high definition television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ultra high definition television (also known as Ultra HD television , UHDTV or UHD ) includes 4K UHD (2160p) and 8K UHD (4320p), which are two ...

Experts concerned at 'broader definition' of terrorism in citizenship bill
... terrorist act if a controversial bill is passed, legal experts warn. The committee recommended that the bill refer to the Criminal Code's definition ...

Live to air: extra channels, high-definition, streaming on the way
Australia's free-to-air broadcasters are moving with the times, embracing high-definition broadcasting and expanding live internet streaming. ...

Facebook Changes Definition of Monthly Active Users
... not access Facebook itself, but shared content or activity via Facebook Login -integrated websites or applications. Facebook’s previous definition ...

The First Amendment, by definition, doesn’t need your prayers
I think it’s fascinating that the same people who spent the better part of the last month calling anti-racist college students “coddled” are ...

Pirates are starting to post a bunch of Netflix's ultra-high-definition videos online
A flood of leaked ultra-high-definition (4K) videos from Netflix and Amazon Prime has begun to make its way onto the internet , according to ...

Rep. Thornberry On ‘Assault’ Weapons: ‘That Doesn’t Really Have A Definition’
'It is the functioning of the machinery that defines an automatic vs.

The Legal Definition Of A Refugee, Which Obama Pays No Attention To
Does Obama have the legal authority to order their admission to the U.S. as a humanitarian measure? The answer is “no”.

GeekWire Deals: This high-definition security camera lets you keep an eye on your valuables wherever ...
Security footage can be great for catching criminals in the act (or figuring out who stole the cookies from the cookie jar), but it’s worthless ...

Siri's Definition Of 'Bitch' Is Beyond Offensive
... defines the word "bitch" in an even more offensive way than one would think possible. When you ask Siri to define the word, the second definition ...