Debug symbols stop loading in Visual Studio 2008

Hey all,

I upgraded some web projects from 2003 to 2008 web application projects and they worked OK for a week or 2 and then the debug symbols stopped loading all of a sudden. The error it gives is:

 "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. The source code is different from the original version."

The project is set to debug both in the project properties and in the web.config. I tried deleting the bin/obj directories but that didn't work. I tried to debug another project and it worked fine so this is project-specific. In the bin directory there are no pdb files being generated.

Someone else seemed to have the same issue and it was not resolved: http://forums.asp.net/t/1344324.aspx

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

Justin Toth
http://sportsalert.net
0
jtoth55

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Difference between visual studio 2008 development edition and visual studio 2008 team edition?
i see some menus changed but what is the actual difference The following link has the VS product Comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=727bcfb0-b575-47ab-9fd8-4ee067bb3a37&DisplayLang=en In short, Team Suite has tools that are in the Architectute, Database, and Test editions that the Development edition does not have....

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?
Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005? Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005? Thank you.VWGolfman  VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed". Thank you Steven VWGolfman...

upgrading from visual studio 2005 to visual studio 2008
Hi,Im using visual studio 2005 currently and due to new features provided in visual studio 2008 want to use that. But im in fear of uninstalling visual studio 2005 tha installing visual studio 2008 . it take a lot time. Is there any upgradatio wizard so that i can upgrade my older version of visual studio with the new version i.e. with 2008. If no than please tell me every possible way and alternatives.   Please Help Me OutThanks in advance!! Hi, You shouldn't have any problem running 2005 and 2008 on one machine.  .net 3.5 is pretty much .net 2.0 with new feature...

A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Expres
 Hello,          I'm trying to install VS2008 SP1 on Vista Ultimate but I receive this error "A compatible version of Visual Studio 2008 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (ENU) product family, and is not compatible with any Express editions." Either I download the installer from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en) or after downloading the ISO from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008
I have 2 systems. One running XP Pro SP2 + updates second Vista + Updates (and SP1 when its released) I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008. Should i use Visual Studio 2008 on both systems as it allows me to target different .Net platforms? or should i use XP with VS 2005 and Vista with VS 2008. My aim is to create projects for different platforms but still have the advantages of a new product and features i.e. WPF, AJAX, intellisense etc. Is there a reason why someone would want to have VS2005 running on XP rather than VS 2008. Im under the impression VS 20...

Convert Visual Studio 2008 code to Visual Studio 2005
 I had created my website in  in Visual Studio 2008 in our college, but now I want to run this website at my home,but problem is I have Visual Studio 2005 at my home, so please tell me how can I run this website on Visual Studio 2005.Is there any conversion tool available.Thanks a lot in advance There is no backward conversion tool that I know of. If you are using a web site project (not a web application project), just create a new web site project in VS2005 and point it at a copy of the code.If it is a web application project, you'll have to create a new project and then us...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Studio 2008 #2
Are there any known issues with decimal rounding in VS 2008.  I have developed a timesheet app that calculates hours based on start and stop times.  It works fine when I use debugger in VS 2005 and a local host.  My boss uses VS 2008 to publish my app.  When he publishes it, my calculations are not rounding properly.  Example:  Someone clocks in at 11:30pm and clocks out at 11:59pm,  in debug mode on my localhost, it rounds it to .5 hours.  When this code gets published, it rounds it to 0 hours.  Thanks  Considering that both the VS 2005...

Shifting to Visual Studio 2008, should i uninstall Visual studio 2005
I have a Web application which has been developed in Visual studio 2005 (.NEt 2.0) . Now i am shifting to Visual Studio 2008. I am not aware what all errors will i get in Visual studio 2008 (.NET 3.5). However i read that Visual Studio 2008 has an option of Choosing the .NET Framework (2.0,3.0,3.5). Does that imply that any web application which is currenlty having no errors in Visual studio 2005(.NET framework 2.0) will build successfully in Visual studio 2008 if i choose the .NET Freamework as 2.0 or are there any other dependies.   Hi, for my former project we upgraded to v...

Visual Studio 2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
I'm having a difficult time getting BIDS2008 to run in VS2008.  I have a "messy" system, because a reformat isn't an option currently.OS: XP (current patch and SP)Installed: VS2005, VS2008, MS SQL2008 (FULL product, all options selected) (all patched and current sp respectively)Had:  MS SQL2005, SQL2005 Mgt Studio Express and SQL2008 Express (All officially uninstalled via add/remove, prior to install of SQL2008) Issue:  I click on "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" link in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 MyPrograms tab and get my VS200...

Which is best for web pages
Which is best to buy to develop aspx web pages. Visual Studio 2008 or Visual web developer 2008? http://forums.asp.net/p/1137916/1824119.aspx#1824119http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch Visual Web Developer of course, because it's free!! visual web developer is build into visual studio. in the free copys the desktop apps and websites are two diffrent pages. if all you are looking to do is to make a page you can download your app on make an install file and host it somwhere. ...

Web resources about - Debug symbols stop loading in Visual Studio 2008 - asp.net.visual-studio-2008

Book:Typographical symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a Wikipedia book , a collection of Wikipedia articles that can be easily saved, rendered electronically, and ordered as a printed book. ...

Peace for Paris - the artist behind the symbol that's gone viral
... of murderous attacks in Paris at the weekend, French artist Jean Jullien had sketched out what has become known as the Peace for Paris symbol ...

Paris attacks: #PeaceForParis symbol goes viral following terrorist attacks
A Peace for Paris symbol, combining the Eiffel Tower with the '60s peace sign, goes viral following the Paris terror attacks.

Amazon backtracks after covering NYC subway car in Nazi symbols
... version of the book, Amazon Studios perhaps took that premise a little too literally by filling a New York City subway car with Nazi symbols ...

What’s up with all the Nazi Germany symbols on a NYC train?
Decorating a New York subway car with symbols from the second World War might be one of the best ways to promote The Man in the High Castle , ...

Eiffel Tower Peace Symbol: The Least Appropriate Thing Ever
So what does France do? What does the American media do? Lionizes a symbol of weakness and surrender.

'Peace for Paris' symbol goes viral
Paris (AFP) - A "Peace for Paris" symbol, combining the city's beloved Eiffel Tower with the peace sign of the Sixties, has gone viral following ...

Twitter could move beyond its heart symbol to offer richer responses
A feature hidden in a developer version of Twitter's app shows emoji to express more emotions. That feature would add complexity to the service, ...

Ads with World War II symbols pulled after outcry in NY - CNN.com
New York subway ads promoting the Amazon streaming series "The Man in the High Castle" have been pulled after an outcry.

The rise of standing desks: More than Silicon Valley status symbols?
Traditionalists say the chair is here to stay, but more offices and even classrooms are turning to standing desks. Why?