Debug/Start without debugging works - Debug/Start with debugging program doesn't even launch

If I select 'Debug/Start Without Debugging', my program launches and runs just as it should.

If I select Debug/Start With Debugging, the system flutters like it should, (running) appears in the title bar, and immediately returns to VS as if it's done running, and (running) now disappears from the title bar. the splash screen never appears, etc. it just shuts down.

F10 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).

F11 from the IDE to launch in debug does the same thing (immediate start/stop).

Solution Explorer/Project/Debug/Step Into New Instance does the same thing (immediate start/stop).

I've put break points on main(), my primary object's constructors, etc. and none ever get called. It just starts and immediately shuts down, seemingly cleanly.

I can run the EXE via Windows Explorer as well.

Have you seen this before? I've been searching for this, but haven't seen it within.

thanks in advance.

0
DanceMonkeyBoy

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

problem with Visual Studio 2008, Net Framework 2.0 and AJAX 1.0 doesn't work!
I wrote simple web application with update panel but when I loaded application, update panel didn't work..I think It's problem with AJAX 1.0... How to fix this problem???ASP.NET 3.5VISUAL STUDIO 2008 PROMS SQL SERVER 2005 You really need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what's happening, post your source code, something...When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries. I have side by side installed visual studio 2005 and 2008.In visual studio ...

Login doesn't work on website launched on local but works with visual studio
Hello, I've started a website which works fine when I launch it with visual studio 2005 entreprise edition. But when I publish it or copy the files in the root repertory for IIS, the login page appears but even if I input the right login/password, I received  the message saying I mistook and the user is unknown ... I use the ASPNETDB.MDF database to authenticate users and in the Visual studio project folder and in the IIS folder, the sizes are the same. Moreover, I've set authentification to "Windows" (usually, I have it to "Forms")  so I can access the whole website and ...

Web Deployment Project 2008 doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 SDK
Why ??? After removing Visual Studio 2008 SDK all works egain as expected How can I make them work together on the same machine ??? Hi, What do you mean it doesn't work? Did you get any error message? I test it on my machine, and it works fine with Visual Studio 2008 SDK. I download Visual Studio 2008 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=30402623-93ca-479a-867c-04dc45164f5b&displaylang=en I download Visual Studio┬« 2008 Web Deployment Projects - RTW from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C...

Visual Studio 2008 database wizard connection doesn't work
I installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional SP1 Italian language.If I try to add a new database connection (Tools->Connect to Database) but I receive an error message as you can see at this link http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8494/nodatasource.jpg (the error is in Italian language and the meaning is "No data source is available").I tried to create a Windows Application Form solution and I add a dataset file, then I tried to add a TableAdapter and I tried to add a new database connection as you can see at this link http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4171/newconnection.jpg. If I...

Visual Studio .Net 2005 Professional July CTP won't start-up!
I'm an MSDN subscriber and I've (finally) decided to have a play with the .Net 2005 beta. I've downloaded the July CTP and it installed without any problems. However, when I attempt to run VS.Net 2005, it never starts up. I (eventually) see "Microsoft Visual Studio" in the task bar, but it never actually starts??? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running XP Pro SP2. My VS.Net 2003 still runs just fine. This is really frustrating, and any help and/or suggestions are appreciated. UPDATE: It does start eventually, but it takes around 10 long minutes. When I close the initial VS...

Launching firefox from quick launcher (near start menu) doesn't work properly
Name: Naveen Email: raodotnaveenatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Launching firefox from quick launcher (near start menu) doesn't work properly Comments: I had firefox 2.0 and on top of that (without uninstalling) I installed firefox 3.0 beta version. Now, if I launch the application from my desktop shortcut then the new firefox is launched however if I launch it from quick menu then old version is launched. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

sqlserver 2008 can't work with Visual studio 2008
when I try to make a sqldatasource with visual studio 2008 and SQLServer 2008 . I found that there are a message that the visual studio 2008 can support only SQLServer 2005 and SQLServer 2000how to make my visual studio 2008 support SQLServer 2008  Currently I don't think it can. There is an add-in for Visual Studio 2005 that gives it support for SQL Server 2008 which can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E1109AEF-1AA2-408D-AA0F-9DF094F993BF&displaylang=en However, I do not think this will work for VS 2008, and I don't thin...

Starting 2 TThread 's directly after each other doesn't work in delphi xe2 [Edit]
(SOLVED: iLog was not thread safe.) ----- Hello, I have a very simple thread: (note: iLog just logs output -- threadsafe; not included here.) {code} unit mySimpleThread; interface uses System.Classes, System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Variants; type TmySimpleThread = class(TThread) public constructor Create(); destructor Destroy; override; private procedure Execute; override; end; implementation constructor TmySimpleThread.Create(); begin inherited Create(True); iLog('TmySimpleThread created'); end...

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue
Name: kb Product: Firefox Summary: i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue Comments: doesn't sound loke good DevTest before release if you haven't listed the problems with Flash. I have to close Firefox and resort to IE. So IE, is still widely used on my computer since Firefox continues to not work all the time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Process.Start() doesn't work in c#
In my web application, I have to open a sqlreporting services reports more that one at a time. For this I wrote a code as below System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(url1); System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(url2); System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(url3); I am using IE 7. It opens 3 IE tabs when I run the application in debug mode. but when I browse the site after creating a virtual directory process.start doesn't work. Any suggestion pls.     Murali.        "System.Diagnostics.Process.Start" runs on the server- not the client.if you want to...

Web resources about - Debug/Start without debugging works - Debug/Start with debugging program doesn't even launch - asp.net.visual-studio-2008