Can .NET 3.0&3.5 do this?

Hello guys,

You know once we download from a browser the "save as" dialogue will come out. I am gonna do a webform application for downloading and I am looking for a way to avoid the "save as" dialogue.

Just wonder any new tech. in .NET 3.0 or 3.5 can help us to ahieve this?

Thanks a lot,

Elton

0
EltonSky

The dialog is a security feature in the browser really, I don't think you can disable it unless user does it explicitly.

Mikhail
8/21/2007 8:56:30 PM

Yes, I noticed Mikhail ,

So can we avoid that by modify the registry or some IE configuration?

Cheers,

Elton

0
EltonSky

new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5
Hi,    What are the new features for Visual Studio 2008 and .Net FrameWork 3.0 &3.5  There are many of them. Pleas check the links below for a list of them.http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/http://www.vikramlakhotia.com/AspNet_3X.aspx Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

.NET 3.0 or 3.5 in visual studio 2005
Hi,I'm developing a site using two seperate machines depending on my location.  One has VS 2008.  The other has VS 2005.  Is there a way to get .NET 3.0 or 3.5 to work on on Visual Studio 2005.  I was told .NET 3.5 won't work because it contains the Vista Modules, but I don't know about 3.0. Hi, Visual Studio 2005 cannot use .Net Framework 3.5 as target framework. In your case, we can install .Net Framework 3.0 redistributable package (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en) wh...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Visual Studio 2008 & .NET 3.5
Hi all In the company we're currently developing some applications in ASP.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005 and we're seriously thinking about an upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5.What are your experiences with the new framework and the new Visual Studio? Are they already reliable for the productive use or are they still buggy like Vista or the first AJAX release?It's very important for us to do this upgrade only if the is stability is warranted. Thank you for your feedbacks! I too would be interested in answers to King's questions.Please be sure to click "Ma...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
Is there a way to develop in .net 2.0? My hosting provider only supports .net version 2.0 & I'm using VS '08....  & is creating a site with .net 3.5? I have several .net versions installed, but how do I know, how can I use .net 2.0? Right click on the project, choose Properties and specify 2.0 as a target framework.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That was easy...  THANKS!  ...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
I developed a simple site in VS '08 & it's not working on the www after uploading to my hosting provider.  I called technical support & they told me that they only support .net version 2.0 & that my site wasn't displaying b/c I had developed it with .net version 3.5. I understand that the newest versions are built on the previous...  But how do I develop this correctly so that it will work on the www? I don't need to worry about converting what I've already created.  It's just a test page displaying a picture so I can start from scrat...

Problem in visual studio 2008 IDE after installing VS2008SP1 & .Net 3.5 SP1
I just recently installed VS2008 SP1 and .Net 3.5 SP1. After successful installation of both, I am experiencing a problem in the IDE in which hyperlinks that have an image URL assigned will not render appropriately. If I remove the imageURL, the control renders correctly. This is occurring on both Vista and XP. All appears to be good at runtime, but design time looks AWFUL! Is there something I should have done differently (e.g., installed the SPs in a different order, installed a hot fix, etc.) that woudl have prevented this from occurring? Is there a fix for this? Thanks, Pam &nb...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

.Net Framework 2.0 3.0 and now 3.5...can I remove some?
 Hi ASP.net I've been installing the Express editions and following the recommendations to install the latest .Net Frameworks...however I now have 4 of them and there not exactly light. Do I need ot keep all of them or can some be removed bevause the later version make them redundant.I ask because I am trying to clean up my machine and get some space back...but if it's not advisable then I can live with the weight.Many thanksMike.  ThanksMike (the beginner)  I think you 'd better not uninstall them and If you have to you make access to microsoft msdn to get ...

Genome V4.0 released: LINQ-integrated O/RM for .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
Genome V4.0 has been released to provide a proven and matured LINQ integrated O/RM solution for .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008. Since the advent of .NET, Genome has kept pace with the latest advances on the .NET platform, offering a safe upgrade path for existing project investments. Having adopted LINQ with the first CTP in 2006, Genome has now switched over entirely, using LINQ as its primary query language. As a unique advantage on top of LINQ’s capabilities, Genome allows you to encapsulate and reuse query logic in your domain models.This release of Genome also brings you a number of ex...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

.Net 3.0 & 3.5 install errors
 I'm trying to install VS 2008 but the .net 3.5 framework install fails. I've tried installing .net 3.5 on it's own but it fails. It produces this error Message:[11/21/07,08:52:42] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a. MSI returned error code 1603[11/21/07,08:55:36] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a. MSI returned error code 1603[11/21/07,09:10:30] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET...

Web resources about - Can .NET 3.0&3.5 do this? - asp.net.visual-studio-2008