Web deployment project will not merge web.config

I have it merging _most_ web.config changes, like <appSettings> and such.

However, I cannot get it to merge the <system.net> one, which has my smtp server specified.  Build always says it cannot find the <system.net> section, which is definately there.

0
WayneBrantley

Thanks for reporting this. We are currently investigating the cause of the problem (we may be a little slow getting back to you as many people are on vacation). We'll attempt to have a fix available for the next web download.
Bill Hiebert

Visual Studio Web Tools
0
billhie

Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005
 Website Project vs. Web Application Project in Visual Studio.net 2005 What are the main benefits of using a Web App project over a Website project or vice-versa? Web App Project: You have to jump through hoops to use edit and continue with a Web App where in a website it just works. I’ve figured this out with the help of ScottGu. Thanks! http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/VS-2005-Web-Application-Project-V1.0-Released.aspx Web App Project: what are the *.aspx.designer.cs files for? Website Project: how do you set up the project to use a ...

VS 2005 SP1 + .NET AJAX => automatically adds web.config in nested Web Application Project when opening project or solution
I get a 'Configuration Error' on an aspx page because VS added automatically a web.config to my nested Web Application Project where no web.config file should be. This effect I have noticed since I have installed SP1 and .NET AJAX Extensions. Why is VS 2005 adding the web.config file and how can I disable this behavior? Following is the content of the automatically added web.config file (comments omitted): <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>    <appSettings/>    <connectionStrings/>    <system.web> &...

Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects
I am trying to use the "Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects (Beta Preview)" but I get the following error attempting a build Running aspnet_merge.exe ... C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\aspnet_merge.exe C:\MyProjects\VDN2\VDN2_deploy\Release -o VDN2_deploy -copyattrs C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets(474,9): error MSB6006: "aspnet_merge.exe" exited with code 1. Done building project "VDN2_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED. ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========Could someone tell what th...

Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects
I was trying to use the "Visual Studio 2005 Web  Deployment Projects (Beta Preview). When I try to build DNN4.0 I get the following error Task "AspNetMerge" Running aspnet_merge.exe ... Command: C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\aspnet_merge.exe C:\MyProjects\DNN4\DNN4_deploy\Debug -o DNN4_deploy -debug -copyattrs The "AspNetMerge" task is using "aspnet_merge.exe" from "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\aspnet_merge.exe". Utility to merge precompiled ASP.NET assemblies. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. An error ...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

Problem: Web Deployment Projects and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I can't get Web Deployment Projects to work in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. I've tried to reinstall/repair both WDP and VWD, but I still not get Add Web Deployment Project command in the Build menu. What I'm doing wrong? Or is this a bug? Please help me... Web Deployment projects are only supported in VS Standard and above. The reason is that Express editions do not have extensibility mechanisms that full version of VS has.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

Web Deployment Projects without a different file for every web.config merge.
Why not just merge every section I have in a single web file into my web.config? Now I have like 8 config files per build type, like 'release.appsettings.config' and 'staging.appsettings.config', and so forth. Just merge every setting in a single file. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it for one of the future downloads of Web Deployment Projects..Bill HiebertVisual Studio Web Tools My solution http://waynebrantley.com/blogs/aspnetbytes/archive/2006/02/08/5.aspx  ...

using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition
can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition?Regards,God Bless India NEVER FORGET TO MARK THIS AS ANSWER IF HELPFUL, THUS IT WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO. Hi, junaidsherief: can we use Web Deployment Projects with Visual Web developer 2005 express edition? Web Deployment Projects are not supported in Visual Web Developer Express Edition. To use it, we need to have Standard Edition, Professional Edition, etc.   Thanks.Thomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unm...

Visual studio 2005 Web Deployment Project for Vista
Hi,Is there any update to be able to use Visual studio 2005 Web Deployment Project on Windows Vista? Thanksregards,NERD Hello, You could check here - Web Setup deployment project in Visual Studio 2005 on Windows Vista RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting You should be able to install WDP for VS 2005 on Vista like you would for any other operating system.  (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx)  I believe Vista is not listed on the download page as a supported OS because Vista was released after WDP was made...

Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects Errors
When I compile my code, I get errors in my _deploy project.  It doesn't stop the build from succeeding, but it's rather annoying: Error    1    The type or namespace name 'ResourceCaseType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)   PATH\SiteHtmlAnchor.cs    14    1    PROJECT.Web_deploy ResourceCaseType is an enum referenced from another project. It used to be called ResourceCase, but the name was changed. Karl Does the site compile using the ...

I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005?
 I Have visual studio 2008 how can i convert my web project to work in visual studio 2005? where is the option to convert the project to work in vs2005 area? The best way to go about this is to create a new web application by going to:  file -> open -> website -> then select the folder that your website lies in then save the solution as a visual studio 2005 project. but i dont have in save as property, the ability to convert the project to work in visual studio 2005   ok, then lets create a new asp.net web application, then add the existing files from t...

Web resources about - Web deployment project will not merge web.config - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Deployment diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To describe a web site, for example, a deployment diagram would show what hardware components ("nodes") exist (e.g., a web server, an application ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
A lot of sensitive data is sent over email, so we encrypt emails in transit via STARTTLS when available. STARTTLS has been around for 15 years, ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Motive Security Guardian (formerly Kindsight Security) now supporting virtualized deployments - YouTube ...
Patrick Tan, General Manager of Network Intelligence at Alcatel-Lucent, discusses enhancements to the Motive Security Guardian – a cloud based, ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop: Military deployments and peacekeeping to count as foreign aid
Australia will begin to count the costs of its military and police deployments in humanitarian disasters and UN peacekeeping operations as part ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...