VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine

I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be.

Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it?

Thanks,

Ira

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith

I have this set up. no prob at all.
-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA
12/12/2005 7:44:25 AM
Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0
0
DBuckner
12/12/2005 2:53:15 PM
I'm running 2003 and 2005 on windows server 2003, side by side no problems at all.

-Blake Niemyjski
Blog - Website: windowscoding.com
0
Blake05
12/12/2005 3:24:22 PM
No problems here also.
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
12/12/2005 3:58:25 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I am in the process of acquiring VS.NET 2005 and thought before making the final commitment to buy wanted to make sure I would be all right running both versions side by side on the same machine.  It is good to know that I can.

Ira

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith
12/12/2005 5:24:28 PM

...yeah, you should be ok, just be sure not to install firefox or any of the ms Office programs or you won't be able to boot...

....Just kidding! Big Smile [:D]

-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA
12/12/2005 11:38:55 PM

Not to worry, I knew you were kidding.

I'm more of the type that will utilize MS products targeted at MS sites, so when utilizing things like this site, etc. I always start up IE and use it.

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?
hello, All:             I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .             is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?   thanks in advanced!   Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6). JeffP...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

VS.Net 2003 Conversion to VS.Net 2005 issues
I've recently installed and started using VS.Net 2005 and have converted a web service solution to .Net 2.0 which works fine. I have an ASP.Net application [still .Net 1.1] that consumed this web service and now I cannot get it to work. Previously this was referencing the binary created for the web service but obviously this binary is no longer created. I have changed this reference to a web reference and now use the WSDL files i've generated from the web service but I get the following error.// Error DetailsException Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error m...

Migration issues from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I have a ASP.Net 1.x web application developed using VS 2003. The language used for this application is VB.Net. When I tried to migrate to VS 2005 I am getting the list of errors and warnings as shown below. I have been trying the migration in a new machine which does not have VS 2003.  List of Error:  1. Expression of type 'String' can never be of type 'System.DBNull'.   List of Warnings: 1. The referenced component 'CDONTS' could not be found.   2. Cannot load type library for reference "CDONTS". Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

Web resources about - VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Expert deems Samsung washing machine fix 'deficient'
The "plastic bag and tape" fix applied to at least 63,300 faulty Samsung washing machines has been slammed by an expert as "deficient". ...

PSA: Pre-Thanksgiving one-day sale drops a Steam Machine’s price to $300
Seriously, this is a pretty good one-day deal. (credit: Syber) Valve's "Steam Machine"-certified line of gaming computers ranges from affordable ...

Bringing machine learning to the masses
Big businesses are increasingly recognizing the potential of data science and machine learning. Until recently, however, it hasn't been readily ...

Inside the app that’s become ISIS’ biggest propaganda machine
On its latest app-of-choice, ISIS is constantly playing "whack-a-mole." When one ISIS-affiliated channel was shut down by the Telegram app on ...

L.A. homeless camp sweep turns up machine guns
Homeless man under arrest after five guns, including two M3 "grease guns," as well as ammunition found during foot patrol

E-Mails Show That Anti-Obesity Group Was Really Just Publicity Machine For Coke
Amid accusations that its Global Energy Balance Network was little more than a Coca-Cola-funded shill using real doctors to downplay the role ...

L.A. homeless man arrested with two machine guns
Sheriff's deputies arrested Richard Cunningham over the weekend, charging him with possession of five guns and ammunition, raising a debate about ...

‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
One of the tracks Daniel Pemberton composed for awards contender Steve Jobs is ‘Circus of Machines’. The operatic piece that was performed last ...

One of the Steam Machines is already 40 percent off
Less than two weeks after it hit the market, Syber is already discounting one of its Steam Machines by 40 percent. As part of a "one day only!" ...