VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine

I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be.

Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it?

Thanks,

Ira

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith
12/11/2005 12:18:35 AM
📁 asp.net.visual-studio-2005
📃 7760 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1281 Views

I have this set up. no prob at all.
-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA
12/12/2005 7:44:25 AM
Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0
0
DBuckner
12/12/2005 2:53:15 PM
I'm running 2003 and 2005 on windows server 2003, side by side no problems at all.

-Blake Niemyjski
Blog - Website: windowscoding.com
0
Blake05
12/12/2005 3:24:22 PM
No problems here also.
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
12/12/2005 3:58:25 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I am in the process of acquiring VS.NET 2005 and thought before making the final commitment to buy wanted to make sure I would be all right running both versions side by side on the same machine.  It is good to know that I can.

Ira

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith
12/12/2005 5:24:28 PM

...yeah, you should be ok, just be sure not to install firefox or any of the ms Office programs or you won't be able to boot...

....Just kidding! Big Smile [:D]

-DarrenNeese.com
-DNN ROCKS!
-DeveloperSchool.com
0
DeveloperMCDBA
12/12/2005 11:38:55 PM

Not to worry, I knew you were kidding.

I'm more of the type that will utilize MS products targeted at MS sites, so when utilizing things like this site, etc. I always start up IE and use it.

Ira Richard Smith
0
irasmith