VS 2003 and VS 2005 on same dev box...

We are starting to develop our apps with VS 2005, but all of our older apps are running VS 2003 / VS.Net. I installed all three on my machine and I MAY ??? be experiencing conflict...

 I cannot drag and drop stored procedures in VS 2005. Has anyone had problems running both on the same box? I had someone tell me there were some conflicts but he wasn't able to say what or where I might find out about them/fix them.

I can drag other objects/items and drop them.

Thanks.

Ask One/Answer One.
0
jmurdock

I can drag and drop stored procedures. Are you referring to dragging and dropping onto XSDs?

Lee

Coolest Bananas
0
lee
9/25/2006 3:33:21 PM
I am refering to the Design View of my class files. Normally I would just drag and drop onto the design view then start using the proc in the code view.
Ask One/Answer One.
0
jmurdock
9/25/2006 4:14:07 PM
The data model for winforms was updated due to the datasources feature. You'll need to drag a data adaptor or sql command and configure them directly. If they are not on the toolbox, you can use the customize toolbox command to add them.

You may want to use the dataset designer to create data tables and adaptors for your data. They will be defined at the app level, rather than page level, and have methods generated that typically make use a bit cleaner. Add a dataset to the site, then you can drag your tables / sp's to its design surface.
0
samsp
9/26/2006 6:59:45 PM

Thanks.

 I was able to drag an SQL command on, then set the properties.

Is there any way to get it to auto-generate the Parameters list? This was a great time-saving feature so I don't really see the benefit of taking it away...

Ask One/Answer One.
0
jmurdock

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Visual studio 2005 Vs Visual studio 2003
Hi,  Can anyone please tell me the difference between Visual studio 2003 and visual studio 2005 ?  What are the main features that are available in visual studio 2005 ?   And also please let me know any url where i can get more idea about visual studio 2005. Thanks in advance  Regards, RamCheers,Ramaswamy T.S.  Check VS.NET 2005's 400 plus new features/differences here - http://www.microsoft.com/germany/msdn/400differences/default.mspxM.V. 'Anil' Radhakrishna Web Development Tips, Tricks & Trivia | My Code Gallery Recent article - How To Create...

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

VS.Net 2003 Conversion to VS.Net 2005 issues
I've recently installed and started using VS.Net 2005 and have converted a web service solution to .Net 2.0 which works fine. I have an ASP.Net application [still .Net 1.1] that consumed this web service and now I cannot get it to work. Previously this was referencing the binary created for the web service but obviously this binary is no longer created. I have changed this reference to a web reference and now use the WSDL files i've generated from the web service but I get the following error.// Error DetailsException Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error m...

Visual Studio 2005 Vs Visual Web Developer 2005
 Hi,I am thinking of getting my hands dirty on .NET programming, I have been exclusively doing web development using Coldfusion until now, thinking of learning .Net as I see more promising career in .NET in my area.Please bear with me, my question is very basic, I have being using eclipse until now, and have been spoiled by its flexibilityOk, I bought a book, I want to try some coding, so now I am stuck with choosing an IDE. My understanding is that the express edition for visual studio has 3 IDEs (C#, VB.NET, Web Developer), but the actual visual studio that one has to pay for is just ...

Web resources about - VS 2003 and VS 2005 on same dev box... - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Muslims decry Trump's proposal to keep them out of US
U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump has called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States," immigrants and ...

Alleged Samsung Galaxy S7 Renders Leaked
According to what we know about the Samsung Galaxy S7, apparently its design won’t differ too greatly from the Galaxy S6 . The reason behind ...

Apple Maps dominates on iPhones, but doesn't mean that it's better than Google's
Three years is a long time in the world of technology, as we know, and it has emerged that Apple's once-disastrous mapping app is now doing okay. ...

Joey Feek Reacts To Grammy Nomination With Tears
Joey Feek may be going through a really tough battle right now with cancer, but that doesn’t mean that the only news she is getting is bad news. ...

Get ready for The Force Awakens to drop with this K-pop banger about lightsabers
In preparation, I've been reading Star Wars novels, playing Star Wars video games, buying Star Wars comics, and — seriously — wearing Star Wars ...

Time’s Person of the Year Reader’s Poll
Time has announced the results of its readers poll that accompanies the selection of their Person of the Year. The only person to garner a double-digit ...

Beijing schools close as some residents take smog holiday
BEIJING (AP) — Some residents took a smog holiday away from Beijing on Tuesday as the Chinese capital launched restrictions under its first red ...

Brands are already trying to cling to the newborn back of Saint West
Welcome to life, baby West. Now welcome to the jungle No sooner had Kim Kardashian given birth to her baby boy with Kanye West — Saint West ...

Supreme Court rejection of gun case considered a victory by Highland Park
Chicago Tribune Supreme Court rejection of gun case considered a victory by Highland Park Chicago Tribune Don Larson's AR-15 assualt rifle ...

Dropbox trashes Mailbox and Carousel
It would appear that both Mailbox and Carousel have not been nearly popular enough for Dropbox to continue running the lot. The one is used for ...