Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005

Hi All

We're using Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005 together in our team.  We opened the project using the SourceSafe(LAN) option in the "Open Project" dialog

I used to be able to "Check In..." using the Solution Explorere, which had space for me to add comments as i checked individual files in.

My issue is that i've lost that box and now it all just checks in without asking me to add a comment.  Does anyone know how to re-enable this function please?

cheers

Tim

if it's not Baroque, don't fix it

http://blogs.creative-jar.com

http://silverlight.creative-jar.com
0
Hoonius

I'm not sure, since I can't check it on my laptop here because I don't have sourcesafe installed, but here goes ;)
In Visual Studio, go to Tools --> Options, then select Source Control --> Environment.

I THINK it's a setting there...
My blogs: www.snowball.be
www.codeflakes.net
0
Mr
4/4/2007 11:02:15 AM

That was it :¬)

There's a tickbox saying "Don't Show Check-In dialog box when checking in items"  and this was ticked.  Un-Ticking it made the box appear again

cheers man :¬)

if it's not Baroque, don't fix it

http://blogs.creative-jar.com

http://silverlight.creative-jar.com
0
Hoonius

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express/Visual Studio 2005 Same Language Support
I know the Visual Studio 2005 is much better than it's Express edition, but can they produce the same results in the end?  By that, I mean that you can use the exact same code in the Express edition and it will build the same as Visual Studio 2005, and the language support is the same (everything bit of code that works on VS 2005 will also work on VS 2005 Express)?VDesign Yes, projects and files are fully interchangeable. Express editions lack some IDE/UI features, but code you write will work everywhere.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Norton Internet Security 2005 interferes with Visual Studio 2005 (it hangs Visual Studio)
I installed Norton Internet Security 2005 on my computer and Visual Studio hung whenever I was trying to edit a file in the integrated editor.  At first I thought it was an issue with AJAX or the Infragistics components, but nothing worked, so I ended up doing a clean re-install of my machine.  I installed everything and again, when I installed Norton Internet Security 2005, Visual Studio 2005 started hanging again.   It only hangs when you try to edit a file (you can still compile and run your application). I then removed Norton Internet Security 2005 and the problem ...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Can I Have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 together?
Hi everyone. Can I have Visual Studio.NET and Visual Studio 2005 installed in the same machine? I want to install Studio 2005 but I do not want to uninstall Studio.NET yet. Thanks!C# I am running VS 2003 and VS 2005 together with no problems.Martin Lawrence, MCSE, CNE, A+ Recut Technologies Ltd. http://www.recut.com Yes, they can be installed side-by-side. I have it installed side-by-side on my computer and it works perfectly without any conflicts. I even think there is a Version Selector (not something you have to install as it is installed by default) which will make sure your pro...

Visual Source safe 2005 and Visual Studio 2005
Hi,   we were using VSS 2005 with VS2003 and everything was fine - now we are starting to use VS2005 however we are not able to see any options in Visual Studio 2005 to add the projects to VSS. How do I add a VS2005 website to VSS 2005? Thanks I believe when you right-click on the Web Site node in the Solution Explorer, you should see 'Add To Source Control...' in the context menu.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks Mikhail,  But I dont see that option a...

Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Source Safe 2005
I created a new web site in VS 2005. Then I added the solution to Source control (VSS 2005) from VS 2005. And it added not only my code but also "Documents and Settings" folder. How do i exclude this? Do i have to manually delete this in Source Safe? Please let me know. Thanks, Babs...

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 2005 - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Microsoft Products & Services - LinkedIn
View products made by Microsoft and product recommendations from people in and out of your professional network.

Twitter

Microsoft Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2013 (15.0.4420.1017) / October 2, 2012 ; 9 months ago ( 2012-10-02 ) Microsoft Access , also known as Microsoft Office Access , is a database ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Andy Kant's Resume - andykant.com
Expert in architecting cutting edge user interfaces and experiences for web applications. I specialize in advanced JavaScript/HTML5 implementations. ...

Web Analyst/Developer
Web Analyst/Developer job in Sacramento, California, US. Read the Web Analyst/Developer job description and find other Visionary Integration ...

Black Marble
Black Marble Software Consultancy and Development West Yorkshire. Covering the UK and Ireland.

Jenkins CI: Source Code Control - CloudBees
Start a Build Whenever a Commit is Made Jenkins allows you to trigger a new build based on SCM changes. This can be done either as a polling, ...

Defending Perpetual Intermediacy
... myself an expert driver. I brush my teeth at least twice every day, and I'm no expert on oral care; just ask my dentist. I use Visual SourceSafe ...

Delicious
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.