Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled

 Hi all

I use Vista home premium (SP1) + VS2005 Professional (SP1 + Update).

When I press F5 on VS2005, it shows Unable to start debugging on the web server. Debugging failed because integrated Windows authentication is not enabled

I found that Windows Features > IIS7 > Security > there is no "Windows Authentication" click box.

But, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937523/en-us this patch is only for VS2005 Team Suite. I cannot install it on VS2005 Professional.

Any solution for it? as I found that this bug was started from Last year http://207.46.236.188/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=1857378&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0 but now still not fixed completely

techissue2008

In IIS 7, Windows Authentication is not installed by default. You need to explicitly install it by the following steps:

  • Enter Control Panel
  • Select "Programs and Features"
  • Click "Turn Windows features on or off"
  • Select IIS -> world Wide Web Services -> Security
  • Select Windows Authentication checkbox
  • Click OK

I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
5/29/2008 9:26:38 AM

Yes, if it is vista ultimate or business version, but not home premium that I use.

I still do not get the solution, please read: http://forums.microsoft.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3399420&SiteID=1

0
techissue2008

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable.
Hi everyone,I am getting the following error while trying to run my window application in vs.net (vb.net),"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on web server. Debugging failed because integrated authentication is not enable."Can anybody help me to resolve this error? Try this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/csharp/learn/whitepapers/howtosolvedebuggerproblems.doc Or search the forums: http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Unable+to+start+debugging&f=&u= Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it ...

Unable to start debugging on the web server.Debugiing failed because Integrated Windows authentication is not enabled
Please help me as I am getting the following message when I run my Web Application in VS 2005."Unable to start debugging on the web server.Debugiing failed because Integrated Windows authentication is not enabled"   What happened when you enabled Windows Integrated Authentication in IIS?JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Unable to start debugging on the web server. debugging failed because integrated authentication is not ....
And i am not even using integrated authentication, i set it to use forms authentication in the web.config ! i have a sample page that do it in the same page as i do but it works with them i can debug directly in Visual studio 2005 by F5, what could be wrong in my application, i checked the web.config and it is right, please anyone can help? Thanks ensure you use compilation=true in your config file. regards, roni---speed up your applications with distributed caching or replicated caching: http://www.sharedcache.com - its free! No everything was right, except one issue: while openin...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.
Hi there, I have now tried to debug from my Windows XP/SP2 client, to a Windows 2003 server, running the Remote Debuggin Monitor. This does not work at all, and I keep getting this annoying error message: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer.". I have searched the Internet thin, but unable to find a suitable solution. However, if choose the option "Attach to process...", and then set the qualifier to DOMAIN\UserName@ServerName, then it works perfectly fine. So...

Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer. On one PC but not the other..
Here is my problem, I have two XP PC's (SP2) with VS2005 installed on them. (One is a VMware PC is that makes any difference) On the non-VMware PC I can open a web project located on a remote web server via file share and run Debug and it works as expected. On the VMware PC, doing the same thing (pointing to the same app) I run debug and I get the message box "Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server. The microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be running on the remote computer."  Firewall settings are the same between the two. &nb...

"Unable to start debugging" error starting a web site in Visual Studio 2005
I have been using .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. Today I tried to create and run a web site in VIsual Studio 2008. It would not run and gave me the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Verify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall." After changing a few things on that new web site in IIS 6.0 without success, I went back to my old VS 2005 web sites that were running fine. Now, they all give me that error when I try to run them. It seems that .NET 2.0 was corru...

Cannot debug: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax.
We do not have this problem on any other machine, but one we cannot hit F5 and run, we get the following error: Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debug request could not be processed by the server due to invalid syntax. I'd like to to know what syntax it is talking about. If we manually attach we are fine, but this slows the process for that developer.  I only found one post on this and it wasn't much help as it was speaking to IIS 6.0 and server extensions which this computer does not have.  I cannot duplicate the error on any other machine that is configured the...

Unable to start debugging on teh web server. ... because intgegrated Windows Authen. is not enabled error..
 Hello,    In order to learn creating login web page I have been studying MS walkthrugh:creating web site... (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/879kf95c(VS.80).aspx) .     1. I created a local web site http://localhost/membership    2. I created a Membership folder    3. By running ASP.config, I set Authentication method to be "Fram the Internet"    4. I created two users    5. I set Anonymous users membership to deny.    6. I Configured SMTP e-mail to be localhost....

unable to start debugger on the web server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (MSVSMON.EXE)does not appear to be running on the remote computer
I have installed VS2005. And migrated my VS2003 application to VS2005. After resolving all the errors I get the following error when  press F5 for debugging. "unable to start debugger on the web server. the microsoft visual studio remote debugging monitor (MSVSMON.EXE)does not appear to be running on the remote computer . Please see help for assistance." Please help me before I get all my hairs fall..     Thanks in advance.   Hasham This error means that Visual Studio could not find an instance of the Remote Debugging Monitor on the remote computer. The Rem...

Unable to start debugging from VS2008 under XP to the web server under Windows Server 2003
Hello! Help me please!I created a simple web site on my Windows Server 2003 SP2 using IIS console add-in. Everything works fine. I have registered ASP.NET on the IIS using aspnet_regiis.exe, installed FrontPage Extensions, etc.I'm able to Open Web Site using Visual Studio (SP1 Team System) on Windows XP Pro SP2 via http. But when I start a debugging, I'm getting next error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer"I even have installed Visual Studio 2008 Remote Debugger on server, and tried launch it with Windows authe...

unable to start debugging on web server. server side error occured on sending debug HTTP request [:'(]
hi  i get the above error when i try to run my project. i'm using ASP.Net 1.1 and visual studio 2003. if i select debug --> start without debugging i get the following error : Server Error in '/OMP' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.Source Error: Line 10: <configuration> Line 11: &...

Error While Trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member..
Hello. Can't quite figure out how to get this to work. It sounds like I am having permissions problems. Read through several articles but nothing worked so far. This is my configuration and what I have done.  Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio.Net 2003, IIS 5.1, Local debugging and hosting I had to re-install IIS again after Visual Studio.Net 2003 due to IIS not working the first time! Ran into a quick error of not being able to start due to permissions. So I typed this in at a dos command prompt:   %windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet-regiis.exe -i   ...