Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!

Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!
-1
dave4575876
3/25/2008 3:54:04 PM
📁 asp.net.visual-studio-2005
📃 7760 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2005 Views

I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0;
How?
run the below command on Command Prompt.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Hope it will work.
Regards,

Ather Ali Shaikh
Sr. System Analyst
GASCO
Abu Dhabi, UAE.
1
shaikhather
3/25/2008 4:37:09 PM

Thanks for your Answer Shaikhather,
But already Tried that solution still The same problem. Do you think my 64 bit Windows has something to do with it?
0
dave4575876

The Visual Studio 2005 runs under WOW64 on the 64 bit machine and Visual Studio 2005 uses remote debugging to connect between WOW64 and the 64-bit application on machine. To debug on the 64 bit machine, we need to make sure the remote debugging components are installed correctly.
For more information, see How to: Debug 64-Bit Applications and Debugging on a 64-Bit Platform.
If this doesn’t help you, please feel free to let me know.
I hope this helps.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas
3/27/2008 9:48:46 AM

I ran into this error this week after installing Visual Studio 2008 nothing that I found on the web helped me so I created a new web application which build its own web config file, I put a couple of lines of code in page load and everything worked fine I could debug no problem
 So I transfered the created web config file to my main project and merged in our custome appsettings ect and ran the project with no issues
 Hope this helps someone
0
john734