Simple Form gets System.IO.FileNotFoundException when run on non-development system

I have a empty vb.net form that when built on my computer will not run on any other computer(System.IO.FileNotFoundException ). If I build the same solution on a different computer it works on all computers. I think it has something to do with the security policy, but as far as I can tell both VS 2005 environments are configured exactly the same. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Josh

0
j2112

It is a security policy issue most likely. I had that problem with another web host when working with the Cryptography namespace. Contact your webhost or the administrator of the server.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
7/19/2006 9:25:51 PM

Thanks Kevin, I probably shouldn't have posted here but its not an asp app. I created a vb.net form (exe), nothing on it just new app->windows form->build. If I build the same solution on any other system it runs fine. If I build it on my system it only runs on my system.

-Josh

0
j2112

urgent, I can not run the .net system from the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005!!!
Before everything is ok. I can run the system from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and debug. but today I found can not!!! give me the error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"  I used the vista system and .net 2.0   Thanks!!!  Could You provide a few more details?  Have you changed y ou Operating system to Vista or was everything working fine on Vista before.  Visual Studio 2005  is will not run on Vista Properly unless you install the service packs for Vista and when you run Visual Studio 2005 in Vista you should "Run as ad...

Running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.
Hi there,   I have many projects i develop and continue to maintain on my server. Visual Studio .NET 2003 is currently installed and is what i use to do this. I'd really like to install Visual Studio 2005 and give that a whirl on the same machine, and perhaps develop upcoming sites with it also.I understand that upon installation of VS 2005 it will install the 2.0 Framework. Will this effect my 1.1 sites at all? Does the 2.0 Framework upgrade the 1.1 framework, or does it leave the 1.1 framework intact so older projects can still use it?Any advice would be welcome! :)Thanks,Cr...

Installing Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 installed
Hello. Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 already installed ? Can appear conflicts ? Thank's ! Yes you can install and run vs2003 and vs2005 side by side. There is very little or no side effects for running these two applications side by side. If you have any problems one of us here can help you.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Thank's for your answer. But applications who need .net frameworks, will use .net frameworks 1.1 instead of 2.0 ? If yes, can I modify the settings to use .net frameworks 2.0 ? Thank's again. You can...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Will Visual Studio 2005 (and maybe 2008) run fine on x64 operating systems?
I finally bought my new computer, an Athlon 64 x2, so I've installed x64 versions of Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows XP Professional. Other softwares like SQL Server have versions for both architectures (x64 and x86), but Visual Studio has a single version. So my question is: Will Visual Studio work fine on x64 operating systems? Will it run faster than if it was installed on a x86 operating system (over a x64 hardware)? Will I have any problems with the compiled assemblies when running on a x86 system?   Thanks.Juliano NunesMCAD | MCP | Microsoft Student Partnerhttp://julian...

Should I buy Visual Studio 2005 or Get Visual Web Developer Express
I currently use Visual Studio 2003 and don't see how I can ever do without it. I am a web developer who uses exclusevely C# in development. At times, I will develop controls in C# for my websites for reuse.Now that ASP.NET 2 is coming and therefore the new version of Visual Studio (which is 2005), I am looking to upgrade. However, the FREE Visual Web Developer Express C# development tool looks like it has everything I need in order to develop enterprise class websites and controls.My question is: is there a list of functionality that will show me what Visual Studio 2005 has that Wed Develope...

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Web resources about - Simple Form gets System.IO.FileNotFoundException when run on non-development system - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

package IC; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.io.FileReader; - Pastebin.com
package IC;import java.io.FileNotFoundException;import java.io.FileReader;import java_cup.runtime.Symbol;import IC.AST.ICClass;import IC.AST.Method;import ...

copy a 2d array of type int from a file in java
... i reach the method LoadFromFile, I can't seem to get my head around how I should implement this ba... import java.io.File;import java.io.Fi ...

File:Largenumbers.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... args ) { PrintStream output = null ; try { output = new PrintStream ( "" ) ; //FIXME Insert a suitable path in the quote marks } catch ( FileNotFoundException ...

The Age Editorial Index - theage.com.au
The Age Editorial Index - theage.com.au

Error
... in An error has occurred Error: unknown Failed to get json from web service (http://biocache.ala.org.au/ws/search/facets). class java.io.FileNotFoundException ...

Short Circuits and Infinite Loops
Currently, the rover uses the excellent IPWebcam program for Android to serve video frames. The client just makes HTTP requests for an image ...

-河南永城官员强奸十余名未成年少女被抓引争议-新闻专辑-激动网-中国领先的视频门户
河南永城官员强奸十余名未成年少女被抓引争议:,“河南永城市委常务副秘书长李新功奸淫幼女数十名被抓捕”的消息,连日来在各大网络论坛不胫而走。

用JDOM创建XML文件源代码
以下为引用的内容: package com.bjsxt.xml.training; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.io.FileOutputStream; import java.io.IOException; ...

操作失败信息_Foosun Inc.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\wwwroot\2011askci\CIlucenet\search_reports\_1bv.cfs'.File name: 'D:\wwwroot\2011ask ...

Belgacom
java.lang.RuntimeException: Execution exception in com.interwoven.livesite.external.ExternalCall@16e00c8[object=com.bgc.group.components.str ...