Save Image is database or in web server

Hi Experts,
          We are going to create Photo Printing & Social Networking site like Shutterfly.com,picsqare.com,kodakgallery.com,facebook.com.

Everything is running fine. But Now I am facing some problems.

When user Upload several(no limit) his/her Photo(s), I save those photo in Sql Server Database in Image datatype. & we are saving three sizes of every image. (one is original, second is thumbnail size & third one is larger then thumbnail and smaller then original)

I have some reason to save Images in sql Server.
1. In database it will take a little bit storage space.
2. We can take backup easilly of whole data.

but the main issue in this process is that we have to create images in everypage, everytime with the help of HttpHandler from byte array to image(.net datatype). & this will be a costly process when traffic will increase.

So now i am thinking to save uploaded images in our web server & image path in sql server database.
But in this process,there is an issue related to Image size. Because If save image physically then it will take its original size(may be in MB). Means if there are 1000 users & each user upload 20 MB data then it will take more then 1000x20 MB data.(because we have to save three sizes).

Facebook saves 5 sizes of every image. But i dont know that how they are saving images(in database or in web server).

Pls guide me experts !

Regards,
Anuj Rathi

0
anujrathi

Newbie to Visual Studio 2005
Is there a way to save only the date and not the time with it in an SQL Server 2005 database?  I have a page that allows the user to enter their birth date and save it in our database.  The problem is if the user enters 08/08/1980 the information is saved as "08/08/1980 12:00:00 AM".  The data type for the field is smalldatetime.  Is there anyway to save just the date?  I didn't have a problem with this using Visual Basic 6.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My code is as follows: 1 Dim dbConnection As New SqlConnection()2 D...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

Visual Studio.Net and Visual Database Tools (SQL Server)
I am using Visual Studio.Net and SQL Server 2000 Developer's Edition. When I open VS.Net and try to use the Visual Database Tools with SQL Server 2000 I don't get all the editing options. I can connect to the database fine, read data from all the databases and tables but I don't have options to create new stored procedures or edit existing ones or edit tables, etc. I figure this is a permissions issue but I haven't been able to get it to work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Jason Jason, What edition of VS are you using?--Brian DesmondWindows Server MVP - Directory Servi...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Using web matrix web server with Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello all, I am a computer system technology student and my college is a part of the MSDN Academic alliance, so I managed to recieve an educational copy of Visual Studio.NET 2003. Seeing as I am on a work term and actually have free time at night... I have decided to punish myself and learn another technology. My problem is that I am running it on a Windows XP Home edition system at home, so I cannot run IIS. I do have the professional CD, also from MSDN acdemic alliance, but, 1) I may someday use my XP Home to produce comercial solutions in HTML, PHP, JSP or other (though I'll pr...

Web resources about - Save Image is database or in web server - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...