Problem in selecting text in List box Web Form

hi In List box load the data from database. If i am select any Item from list box i am geting selected Indexvalue ="-1" at the same time i am not get the text value. how can i get the selected index text value. Regards, Sabarish.

0
sabarishbabu

it sounds to me that you're rebinding your data upon every postback. If you're doing it in code behind place it between if(!Page.IsPostBack) to avoid this. Then you should be able to get a value different than -1 (which means nothing's selected).

Grz, Kris.

XIII

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

How do I build, in Visual Web Developer, context sensitive menus like in Visual Studio 2005
How do I build, in Visual Web Developer, context sensitive menus like in Visual Studio 2005 - VB where I could build menu lists and execution actions from these lists which would display when when the right mouse button was clicked when the mouse icon was over a button?I tried to import and convert the application to Visual Web Developer, but when I was done there was nothing there and I cannot find the Controls available in the Toolbox when I am in DESIGN mode.Thank you for your help.Michael Web designer is not a direct equivalent of the Windows Forms designer. Web controls rely on HTML s...

problem with selected text field and selected value field in check box list
Hi! i have a  problem with check box list:here is the code for binding the check box list with sqldatasource  SqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = "select vcentrolno,inttpaperno from tabmarksdetails where vcbunchno='" & strBunchNo & "'"  chkEnrolNos.DataBind()say now my chkEnrolNos consist of data in this way:vcentrolno        inttpaperno selected text   selected valueA11439            1A11439            2AR439    ...

from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)
Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designerThat's itThe quistion is how to do this st...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Web resources about - Problem in selecting text in List box Web Form - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 ...
The " Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 " was a document published on ...

Voting Machine Caught on Camera Casting Ballot for Democrat when Selecting Republican - YouTube
**UPDATE.... I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city ...

Selecting The Right Jeans
Fit, style, cut, colour and wash all factor into the pursuit for great denim.

Clock ticking on selecting successor to Leigh Clifford at Qantas
With Qantas on course to chalk up its largest annual profit since 2008, the question now is whether chairman Leigh Clifford is looking to hang ...

Why are the reserves selecting the team?
Backbenchers are the reserves of the parliamentary system. They are newcomers.

Jackie French: Why selecting the right place for your plants is important
The secret of growing anything easily is to choose the best spot for what you want to grow.

Netflix turns to pirates when selecting new shows
Imagine the surprise, then, when the popular video streaming site admitted that it actually turns to torrenters for inspiration. "With the purchase ...

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Judge, lawyers face challenges in selecting jurors - CTV News
As the second phase of jury selection began in the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, it immediately ...

Selecting cabinet one of first orders of business for Trudeau
One of the first orders of business for any new prime minister is picking a cabinet. Who is likely to make the cut?

Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting Teams, TDD & BDD in Methods & Tools Winter 2014 issue
... for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Winter 2014 issue that discusses Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting ...