How to Dist Between 'Web Forms' and 'HTML' Controls in VS 2005 IDE

I am using ASP.NET 2.  In books and articles, authors refer to and distinguish between 'Web' controls and 'HTML' controls.

In the actual Vis Studio IDE toolbox for web forms,  I have one list of controls called 'Standard' containing controls like 'Button' etc. There is also a list labelled 'HTML'  with things like 'INPUT (button)' . There are a few other lists, but none labelled 'Web'.

 Where are the 'Web' controls found and what are they called in the IDE?  Same for the 'HTML' controls.   I see references in books to 'HTML' controls called 'TextBox', but I do not see where they are in the IDE.  My list of controls labelled 'HTML' has nothing called 'TextBox.

 Many thanks

Mike Thomas\

0
GeyikBaba

Web controls are the ones found in the Standard Section

Html contols are the old fashion, input controls (type="text" type="button", etc) and are found in the Html section

Not sure on the TextBox issue. TextBox is a web control and you will find it in the standard section. Input (Text) is the HtmlControl equivalent and will be found in the Html section.
0
Rossoneri

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

what is the difference between 'image' and 'image map' in VS 2005?
what is the difference between 'image' and 'image map' in VS 2005? which one should i be using to hold pictures with different sizes?* I am using VS 2005 and VB languageThank you, Faezeh. You should use an image control. for more information about image map and why it is used check below link http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/imagemap.aspx HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | An Image control holds images and is equivalent to an img tag in HTML.  On the other hand, the ImageMap control is used to hold an image that is used to ma...

'returns' vs 'of'
I don't like the assignments of 'returns' and 'of'. I think it is easily confused. I've written foo (Int $x) returns Int in examples and nobody noticed. As formal documentation, that scans right as the outer perceived return value type. But no, it's supposed to be foo (Int $x) of Int instead. The returns keyword affects the implementation of the function, not the external contract. Yet, if returns is missing it uses the of value by default, but if the of is missing it does not give static type checking to the caller, rather than using the sam...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

My VS 2005 does not work well with 'Go To Definition' and 'Find All References'
When I right click on the name of a method or a field, my VS 2005 does not work well with 'Go To Definition' and 'Find All References'. It goes to the declaration in the header file for most of the times. Anybody knows why? Thank you for looking at the problem. Can you elaborate more what kind of project it is, what is the language and whemat exactly does not work, i.e. is VS unable to find any references to a mem ber or only some of them?Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrantie...

'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected
I get the following error when trying to compile my project. The call to Context lies in a usercontrol. It works fine when called from a page, but how do I call it from a usercontrol? private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name); 'System.Web.UI.Control.Context' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected Firefox - The browser you can trust Update: private User _currentUser = new User(Context.User.Identity.Name);Is declared inside the class, not in a function. Like: public class Someclass : System.Web.UI.UserControl { private User _currentUser = new...

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

Web resources about - How to Dist Between 'Web Forms' and 'HTML' Controls in VS 2005 IDE - asp.net.visual-studio-2005