Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web continually in status bar

I continually receive "Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web" with a a 10 second delay (cursor switching to hour glass) when I am moving around in a couple of diferent web projects. Like it has to reload  web.config continually. It is only on two of our projects that do this the others are fine. It will drive you crazy after a while. One of the projects that does this will not close and requires a forced shutdown of visual studio.

I have checked settings, flushed the local copies, moved the web site directory and it still does it

 Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks

Lakewood

0
lakewood305

Most probably there is something in the web.config that causes type resolution to fail. Are you using Ajax, AjaxToolKit, any Silverlight components? Perhaps some binding redirects exist in web.config that fail to resolve?

Mikhail
12/14/2007 6:26:17 PM

First let me say thanks for your input. I am not using any Ajax or silverlight componets in this project.  The binding redirects that I have should all resolve. I use them all. I will double check them. I also get a flurry of repeated loading messages from the files in the project when I exit visual studio. It seems to hang in a loop doing this and I have to force a shutdown of visual sutdio. The project runs fine on the development and deployment servers. Any sugesstions on how to debug this.

 Thanks Again

0
lakewood305

'siteMapFile' attribute not recognized by web.config file (Visual Studio 2005... bug???)
Hi guys, I am having 2 sitemaps for my application and am trying to assign it to 2 different DataSources through Web.Config file. I am trying to solve this problem since past 2 hrs or may be even much more...but still am not able to fix this. From diffferent threads of this forum I understood that we have to use different providers and reference the SITEMAP files through siteMapFile attribute. But the web.config file is not recognizing the siteMapFile attribute???? This keyword doesn't even show up in the contextsensitive entry.( The following eleme...

Use 'Credentials' in 'Authentication' in file 'Web.Config'
Why 'LoginUrl' is not recoganized by ASP.NET when I use in authentication mode 'Form'? Before VS.NET in which .NET1.0 is predefined was installed,I had installed .NET1.1 seperatedly. However,the error message indicates configuration error is just from .NET1.0. Therefore,is that 'LoginUrl' only accepted in .NET1.1? 'loginUrl' should work in both versions. Please note the authentication mode should be "Forms", not "Form". What is the error message you are getting? Thanks, Laura.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes,I...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

WDP for VS2008 still doesn't allow web.config file section replacement of 'System.Net'
There were a series of posts on various blogs about the VS 2005 version of the WDP not allowing replacement of the 'System.Net' section. This was a rather significant oversight, in my opinion, as the three parts of web.config you would most likely want to replace would be appSettings for site specific attributes, connectionStrings for the proper database configuration, and System.Net to set up site-generated email. That being said, there was talk in the forums about fixing for the next release. Indeed, in the release notes for WDP for 2008 there was mention of fixes for config file u...

Visual Studio 2005 Profiler "Launch Error: The web.config file xxx\web.config has been changed and backup information was lost."
Hi,  I am experiencing this error when trying to start a Visual Studio 2005 profiling session (Instrumentation) for my ASP.NET 2.0 web application.  I could not find any information regarding this issue and have no idea what might cause the problem, as the Visual Studio 2005 profiler already worked with that very same application, a couple of weeks ago. Anyone? Thanks in advance! Hello, Can you tell me if you found a solution for the issue because I'm experimenting the same issue ? Thanks !...

I have an .aspx file located in some 'a' folder within my web folder. How can i get the path of the web folder in....
I have an .aspx file located in some 'a' folder within my web folder. How can i get the path of the web folder in order to take the path and post it in the NavigateUrl Property of a asp:Hyperlink. the problem starts when i'm clicking on the hyperlink(that located in my master page). when i'm clicking from 'a' folder it using the 'a' folder as root folder and he  searching the file from a diffrent path. (in a none exist path) for example: the navigate url is: "columns/column1.aspx" and from 'a' folder (it's a diffrent...

How to programatically get the 'timeout' for forms authentication specified in web.config file?
How can I get the 'timeout' value mentioned in web.config for forms authentication section? I want to get this value in a page's code-behind.sun21170 Hi,  There is a cheat mentioned over here FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("get_timeout", true);DateTime expires = FormsAuthentication.GetAuthCookie("get_timeout", true).Expires; HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips...

What does 'synchronize selected files' button on 'Copy Web site' desktop under Website menu bar mean?
On the "Copy Web Site" desktop under Website menu bar, there are 'copy selected files' and 'synchronize selected files" buttonsbetween the Source and Remote web sites.  I selected 'synchronize selected files' button.  Thought that whenever I modifyeither Source or Remote website, the content of both websites will be chnaged simultaneously.However, the test result indicated I still need to click Website menu > Copy Web site > 'synchronize selected files' button to change the content of the remote website.   Then, w...

Why does the .sln file of a website project get saved in 'Visual Studio 2005\Projects'
Hi all,i have a bit of a problem. I am using SourceSafe within our dev team, and I want to create a website project which will also have another project, so essentially I will end up with a solution that contains two projects. My question is, why does VS insist on placing the .sln (Solution) file in the 'Visual Studio 2005\Projects' directory, which is not in the directory I created the project and is not even in my SourceSafe tree? If I was to check in the newly created project, and then some gets it from SourceSafe, then how is someone going to open the solution that I created whic...

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

install problem 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Hello, I like to install 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects' (VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe) on a german version of VS2005 professional and got an error message from windows installer which means : "The upgradepatch can not inssalled cause the program is posible not insalle or the upgradepath has an other version as the program which shall be actulised" ( translatet from by me ;-) Is there a possebilety to get it running ? or to change my vs2005 german version to an english version ? Thank you in advance Uwe lestaUwe Lesta You will have to have a...

PROBLEM : 'Unable to get file 'Default.aspx' from web server + pic help
 i need help plzz..i re-install windows xp sp3 , and after install visual studio 2008i tried to connect to my site as usual...and i get this error on every  file that i try to open.i really need help how to solve thats, sorry about my english , plzz anyone help me.   HI, re-Install your VS08. Then try to open.   ThanksHope This One Can Help.ThanksTo Be Happy Is To Be YourSelfPlease remember to mark my reply as answers if it's the answer to your question. You should try to connect to your site through some FTP client (for example CoreFTP - http://www.coreftp...

can't access shared member of a class in a visual studio 'web site'
Hi, I have a simple web site created within visual studio 2005, (not a web application project).  I have two pages, one which contains a shared function in the code-behind, and the other which calls this shared function.  However, when I try to instantiate the class containing the shared member, I get a 'Name <classname> is not declared' error. Page 1 code behind:Partial Class Page1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Public Shared Function SomeFunction() As String 'Do Something End Function End ClassPage 2 code-behind:Partial Class Page2...

Web resources about - Getting file 'Web.Config' from the web continually in status bar - asp.net.visual-studio-2005