Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa

Hi,
When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error.
Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.
 please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you.
Pubudu  SleepYes
0
Pubudu
11/1/2007 5:43:21 AM
📁 asp.net.visual-studio-2005
📃 7760 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 3315 Views

If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine.
0
srkirkland
11/1/2007 6:05:24 AM

try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...
i hope it's worked...

make choice between .net & Java.....
0
XpBoyzcx
11/2/2007 8:36:33 AM

First of all what u need to do is to check the version set in ur IIS. for this take the default website properties-->ASP.Net-->ASp.Net Version.
Set the latest version.
If this didnt solve ur problem, check if ur website is located to the root folder itself if u r running thru IIS.

Cheers
Bino
www.codepal.co.in

Please Mark as Answer if you find the post useful.
0
binobose
11/9/2007 5:40:50 AM

It Happened to me I just reinstalled the IIS that worked
0
ravindranathw

Best solution is installing IIS Feature before installing VS2005.
or
If u have installed VS2005 before installing IIS Feature, try to reinstall asp.net after installing IIS Feature by typing following Command in command prompt.
Follow this link:
http://comstock-software.com/blogs/aspnet2csharp/2006/09/reinstall-aspnet.html
Optional
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317012
Wink Thank u.
Pubudu
0
Pubudu
7/25/2008 5:00:17 AM

I had the same problem
mine is solved by restarting IIS
type on run "iisreset"
IIS will be restarted and problem solved
Regards
Lalit Dwivedi
Cybage, Pune
0