Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs"

 Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs"

.net bother
0
sabeel

Primary output is required in windows application, it's not required in web application. Web application need only bin folder and .aspx forms. Web setup is only for web application so if you will select content files then it will make setup which contains necessary folders (bin, app_code, etc) and .aspx pages. You don't need to add primary output.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does
not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

0
jalpa_it06

I guess your ASP.NET project is ASP.NET website, with which there is only "Content files" when we use Web Setup project. There is another type: ASP.NET web application, with which there are "Primary outputs", "Content files", etc when we use Web Setup project. To use ASP.NET web application, we need to install Visual Studio 2005 SP1 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bb4a75ab-e2d4-4c96-b39d-37baf6b5b1dc&displaylang=en (Visual Studio 2008 doesn't need).

In your case, you can try to add the Web Deploryment Project (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx) to your solution to precompile this website and then add the compiled output to your web setup project.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer works
Hello, I just run into problem that find functionality is no longer working in Visual Studio 2005. "Quick Find", "Quick Replace", "Find in Files", "Replace in Files" functionality no longer responds. These are necessary functions when build any website. Any solutions on how to fix this problem?Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet In Menu bar click Window -> Reset Window Layout. It solves the problem.Improving lifestyles for luxury pets: TheFabulousPet...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

switch project from "file" to "web"?
I've taken over a project from another for a webservice. He originally set it up as "file" based, so it's showing up as "c:\path\to\site" in the solution manager. This is causing issues and it should be setup as a website with http://virtual/to/site. Is there a way to switch a file based one to a web based one and have it use IIS ?   Nevermind... just readded it manually to the solution, seemed to work Hi: I think you are talking about an ASP.NET 2.0 application? You can simply make a File System application work smoothly with IIS, by creating a new website poiting to the folder ...

"File" to "File$date"
Okay... Thanks for all your answers! From all, I combinded the perfext solution: rename("test.txt", "test" . &heute() . ".txt"); sub heute { return (localtime(time))[3] . (localtime(time))[4] . = ((localtime(time))[5] 1900); } Thanks ;) Andreas -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sudarshan Raghavan [mailto:sraghav@india.hp.com]=20 Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 15:21 An: Perl beginners Betreff: Re: AW: Rename "File" to "File$date" On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote: >=20 > #!/...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Rename "File" to "File$date"
Hy everybody in the List! I have a Problem writing a little perl application... Im a very newbie to programming and need your help :) The Problem is: I have a file "dev.txt" and I want to rename it once a day (with a = cronjob) like "dev13092002.txt" So i need to rename it with a date variable. All I have at the moment is: #!/usr/bin/perl $d =3D `date`; $d =3D /pattern1(pattern2)/; sytem("cp test.txt test`$d`.txt"); Does anyone of you know how to do that? THANKS in advance! =09 | Telematikzentrum D=FCrrwangen GmbH &am...

"OUTPUT TO" Statement in "IF"
Hi All, I'm trying to execute the following statements: IF Condition THEN SELECT col FROM tbl; OUTPUT TO 'filename'; ELSE statements... END IF This gave me an error at 'SELECT' Can anyone tell me what is the correct approach? Thanks Stelios Stylianou > Hi All, > > I'm trying to execute the following statements: > IF Condition THEN > SELECT col FROM tbl; > OUTPUT TO 'filename'; > ELSE > statements... > END IF > > This gave me an error at 'SE...

"Link-", "Libs-" and "Import-" -entries in CB2010-project file
Hi. Could anyone explain to me, what the meaning of the different "link/lib/import"-entries in the project-file is? I'm confused. Using the GUI there is only the "Runtime package"-list - the reason and function for that one, I do understand. But what do the others? And which one *is* the "Runtime package"-list?? <LinkPackageStatics></LinkPackageStatics> <LinkPackageImports></LinkPackageImports> <PackageImports></PackageImports> <AllPackageLibs></AllPackageLibs> Thanks a lot! Best Regards Eike Pete...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Convert "xls" file to "txt" file
Hi, I hope someone can help. I need to convert an Excel spreadsheet to an ASCI text file, in order to import data into a datawindow. I want to try and avoid asking users to save their files as text files and there are issues surrounding the use of ODBC to link to Excel. I am currently able to view my Excel data by way of an OLE object but if I try "Getdata", only the first 72 rows are imported to a string or blob and then subsequently to the datawindow. So I am looking for an OLE function which will "save as" my file. Help would be greatly appeciated. ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Web deployment project
I created a web deployment project - merge all files to singe assembly output. I am puzzled which files do I need to deploy.I end up with "release" folder and many files in it ,and a "bin" folder inside with my precompiled single assembly and again someadditional files.I do not see a web config file in this folder. So my question is do I need to deploy "release" or "bin" folder or just the precompiled single assembly to my remote web server ?? Also what happens to a web.config file in this case ??   Thanks     Did you choose &quo...

Web resources about - Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs" - asp.net.visual-studio-2005