Create MSI installer that Installs as Web Site in IIS

 Hi all,

 I have used Visual Studio to create an MSI package of my web site, in order to deploy it on my application

server. This package installs my site as a Default Web Site in IIS.  Is there any way to create a package

that installs my site as a new Web site in IIS (i.e. not under Default Web Site)?

Much ado about nothing
0
gbetsos

Web Setup project installs the website into default virtual directory such as "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot".

If we want to install the website to another location, we can create Custom Action to create virtual directory that is specified by "TARGETDIR" of Web Setup project.

In order to provide user with dialog where user can input target directory, we can use Orca.exe.

For more information, see http://www.codeproject.com/KB/install/ChangeVDirWebSetupProject.aspx and Creating a Virtual Directory programmatically (http://weblogs.asp.net/cibrax/archive/2005/06/23/414787.aspx

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Installing Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 installed
Hello. Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 already installed ? Can appear conflicts ? Thank's ! Yes you can install and run vs2003 and vs2005 side by side. There is very little or no side effects for running these two applications side by side. If you have any problems one of us here can help you.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Thank's for your answer. But applications who need .net frameworks, will use .net frameworks 1.1 instead of 2.0 ? If yes, can I modify the settings to use .net frameworks 2.0 ? Thank's again. You can...

Can;t run dll created with Visual Studio 2005 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Installed
Hi I recently made a dll in Visual studio 2005.  I went File\New\Project and under Visual C++ I picked clr for my project type.  When I take the dll to another computer that does not have Visual Studio 2005 Installed my application cannot load this dll.  It does load it if I install all the Visual Studio 2005 tools and the Visual Studio 2005 Services pack sP1 Team Suite.  Is there a was to run my dll without haveing to install all these tools on the target machine?  Even intalling the tools was not good enough it only started running after I installed the serv...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

please help me any one i install visual studio 2003 .net.i install iis
please help me about when i open asp.net application project or run then this message is display:-Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: Line 16:   {Line 17:   ...

How to create web project in remote IIS with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi everyone.I need your help.  I want to create a web project in a remote IIS with my Visual studio.NET 2005 in my local laptop.  In other words, creatinga web project in remote IIS so that all team members can access to the web project with their local laptops  and open project with Visual Studio.NET 2005 and work on project.Thanks in advance for your help and tips.Peter Hi phant,You would have to install FrontPage Server Extensions in your remote PC.Good Coding!Javier Luna http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/ from Villa El Salvador for...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Installing visual studio 2005 after a 2008 install
Morning All. I have visual studio 2008 already installed on my laptop and have a client who has specifically asked me to install vs2005 using their licences etc. The client says that they have heard of issues with running .net 2.0 projects with visual studio 2008. The client says that the web.config file becomes garbled and has entries which crash their web server when copied across. Has anyone come across this before? Am looking for information to go back to the client with as I do not really want to have both 2005 and 2008 installed.   Cheers   You can install VS ...

Installing visual studio on existing visual studio 2003 installation
Is it possible to install VS 2005 on the same pc with VS 2003? Fastes way to upgrade existing 2003 apps to 2005 smoothly?   Yes you can run vs2005 on the same machines as vs2003 without any problems. Fastest way to upgrade is using vs2005 upgrade wizard.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com...

Creating a setup project in Visual Studio 2005: Can install project from within VS but not via web page
Have created a simple project is vb using VS2005. If I right click it from within Visual Studio and select Install, the project is installed on my machine correctly together with a shortcut to the program on the desktop (which I defined in the File System Editor). To do this the Setup Wizard runs. Have added a Windows Setup project to the solution which creates a web page from which I want users to be able to install the program on their machines. When I click on the Install button it does not run the Setup Wizard. It does, however, install the program on my machine but not the shortcut. C...

error message: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create the application <application>. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server."
after enabling ssl using iis certificate services, creating and installing server and client certificates; i encountered this message when i try to reopen the project in vs 2003. how to work with ssl web apps in vs.net. please reply asap......

ADO.NET Visual Studio 2005 Install Help!, ADO.NET Missing
 Hi everyoneI have a real annoying problem, I have installed Visual Studio 2005 with C#,C++,Web Applications.. Before I installed VS2005 I made sure I had all the .Net Download from 1.1 to 3.5 with the Service Packs, I also Installed a VS2005 Patch that was around 430mb. I have tried this on 3 computers, two of XP and 1 vista.I need ADO.NET Functionality, When I choose to create a Web Application in C#, I require the ADO.NET Entity Data Model as it will allow for a graphical interaction with a SQL db. However When I Choose Add New Item in Solution explorer there is no ENtity Mode...

Web resources about - Create MSI installer that Installs as Web Site in IIS - asp.net.visual-studio-2005

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...