VB.NET ":=" ?

 Hi,

 what is this operator, ":=" ?

 I found it has something to do with "expression" , but not sure how to use it.

 I googled and didn't find any information.

0
alibo

Here you go:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/51wfzyw0(VS.71).aspx

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

'Entropy', a "net inside the net" ?
Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : Entropy is a software, which creates a "net inside the net" (inside the internet) for its users. This software can be used both by *nix- and Windows-users. Entropy is "Free Software" (under GPL) and can be downloaded here: http://entropy.stop1984.com/ -- Ninho On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:03:30 +0200, in grc.linkfarm,grc.privacy, Ninho wrote: > Just tumbled upon this, maybe old news. Comments welcome (f/u grc.privacy) : > > Entropy is a software, which creates a "ne...

Calling A VB.NET Function in TextBox1.Attributes.Add("OnKeyUp", "search_log()")
Please tell me where i am wrong.  I am trying to call a vb.net function in attributes.add("OnKeyUp", "search_log()")   Function search_log() some codes here End Function   There is an error that "object expected"   Please Help JavaScript can not call a function that is serverside code. It can only call JavaScript code. If you want to call code on the server, you should ook into using the Ajax controls. Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi, I suggest you use pagemethod. For more infomation, see http...

Kylix, ECO, VCL.Net and Delphi.Net "deprecated".
Hi guys, Thank you for choosing Delphi as your development language and IDE. We are happy to announce that we are moving forward in our attempts to increase the Delphi community and in that spirit we are deprecating the following Legacy products. Kylix : Come on, no one does Linux these days, too many IDEs, non user friendly, there is Java for that, no need to have Delphi there. ECO: Hey, why you wanted to build things fast and easy in a true architectural way with this tool, nooo, buddy, move on, we added VCL.Net there for fun, just as a teaser, we never intended to have you prog...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

Hide "NET USE" C:\Windows\System32\net.exe prompt
--____HXVYWAWXUSKEVXKBAEOI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On our logon script I'm currently mapping NetWare shares using the MAP = command and Windows shares using the NET USE command. Everything is = working fine and well its just that I'd like to completely hide the = windows command prompt box at login. Close as I've come to a recommendation= was to minimize it but not to completely hide it. as a example of what I'm currently doing: @CMD /C START /M NET USE R: = \\servername\sharename "@C...

Verizon.net arbitrarily switched itself to yahoo.verizon.net, raising "HOB"
Name: Charlie Eichorn Email: CREichorn_at_verizon.net Product: Firefox Summary: Verizon.net arbitrarily switched itself to yahoo.verizon.net, raising "HOB" Comments: It did all kinds of bad things, not the least of which was to destroy all my bookmarks and most of my address book. Then it tried to get me to sign up for all kinds of unnecessary Yahoo extras, at extra cost of course. Verizon technical support people finally got me running again, but at the cost of at least 6 of them, and 5 days of "out of touch". I am going to go look for another simpl...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Method "UrlPathEncode" available in .NET 1.1 but VS.NET 2003 not seeing it
I'm trying to reference HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in my VB code but I get a build error saying "'UrlPathEncode' is not a member of 'System.Web.HttpUtility'."I've included "Imports System.Web.HttpUtility" at the codebehind page though it won't build. Appearently, when I use HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in a page with no codebehind page, it is interpreted fine. Is this because I am trying to build the code behind using VS.Net2003? Is there a way around this short of creating these pages with no code behind?King Hi Kelder, I think it should be ser...

Web resources about - VB.NET ":=" ? - asp.net.visual-basic.net