Running a command from with a VB.NET app

Hi guys!

Like what the topic implies, i'm trying to run a Windows (DOS) command from within a VB.NET program. Here's the pseduocode for wad i'm trying to do:
If current time is 0900hrs then
Run dos command "ECHO Good Morning John!"
Run dos command "ECHO."
Run dos command "ECHO Today is a fine day."
End if
Is there a way to do this is a VB app?
0
g33k

Are you looking to do this from an ASP.NET VB.NET application?  If so, be aware that the program will run in the invisible context of the ASP.NET user.  If you are trying to do this in a Windows application, you are better off looking elsewhere for advice on this, as this is an ASP.NET forum.

System.Diagnostics.Process class contains what you would need to start processes, in any event.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas
9/4/2003 10:31:30 PM
Hey thanks a lot dude for the class name.

I reckon that the class used for processes are identical in both web applications and programmes. I just need to know the class name that I require to perform something i needed.
I'm still in a state of research whether I'll be using web applications or VB programme.
:)
0
g33k

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ?
What are the diff. visual basic 6 and vb.net ? How to convert the VB6 project to vb.net proj ? with code and interface too. There are entire forums dedicated to the differences between the two, and to convert your projects you should try the upgrade wizard in Visual Studio....

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
Has anyone read "ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET, Second Edition" by Steve Holzner (Author), Bob Howell (Author)? I am trying to working on a project and there are a few things that I need to tie up quickly in my web forms. Is this book a good one? karls------------------------------------'Old and wrinkled is not what I expected to become when I grew up!'...

C# Visual Basic.NET JScript.NET what should I choose ?
I'm just a beginner with programing ASP.NET web sistes. Unfortunatelly I don't know any of the languages supported by ASP. (By the time I programmed in DELPHI and SQL) So I should start to learn one of the languages. Could somebody help me to choose the language I should use ? Which and why ? Thanks in advance, Gonzi Use C# or VB.NET, which ever you are comfortable with. Go here to see sample of both in use http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus Ultimately, once you get more advanced, you'll really want to become comfortable with both languages. I ...

Web resources about - Running a command from with a VB.NET app - asp.net.visual-basic.net

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Altona locals kick up a stink over long-running smell
During the day, the salty smell wafting over the bayside suburb is not too bad. But once the sun goes down things take a turn for the very much ...

Missing Sunshine Coast swimmer running from police
A man missing after diving into the surf at a Sunshine Coast beach in the early hours of Saturday was fleeing police, it has been revealed.

Australian Survivor host rumour — is Dr Chris Brown in the running?
IT’S months until filming begins on Ten’s version of Survivor , but rumours are already swirling about who’ll host the big-budget show.

Japanese train service 'keeps running daily service for a single passenger'
Imagine you were the sole passenger of a daily train service, which ran twice a day, just for you. For one Japanese school girl it might just ...

Court retirements have hopefuls off and running
Court retirements have hopefuls off and running The Augusta Chronicle Richmond County State Court Judge John Flythe will run for the judgeship ...

Running Selenium WebDriver tests using Firefox headless mode on Ubuntu
... and run the test scripts in the browser, then exit. If you like to work exclusively from the command line, then you need to look into running ...

Only a tiny fraction of Android smartphones are running the latest version of Google's operating system ...
Three months after its launch, the latest version of Android is on just 0.5% of Android smartphones. Google published figures earlier this week ...

They're not also-Hans: Meet the 8 stars in the running to play young Han Solo
Disney is reported to have narrowed down the list of actors in the running to play the space-faring scoundrel in his own Star Wars spin-off movie. ...

David Brooks: Cruz Running Campaign With 'Dark, Satanic Tones'
David Brooks is all about hauling water for the GOP establishment, but often as not he overreaches, as he does here, making Ted Cruz the embodiment ...